Chinese subtitles? (Please~~)

+
Both The Witcher 2 and Witcher 3 already have subtitles in (traditional) Chinese, so I guess there is a fair chance Cyberpunk 2077 will have them, too.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10794211 said:
Cyberpunk 2077, a game that will likely be about fighting the big corporations and those in power will likely be banned over China.

Not sure, Fallout games are being sold in China, one would think those would not be less offensive there than CP2077.

sv3672;n10794241 said:
Not sure, Fallout games are being sold in China, one would think those would not be less offensive there than CP2077.

China nukes the US to pieces (even though the opposite also happened). Makes sense why it wans't banned.

Suhiira;n10793371 said:
Which one?

Cantonese?
Gan?
Hakka?
Huizhou?
Jin?
Mandarin?
Min?
Ping?
Wu?
Xiang?
Yue?

:D...:p

I usually think of it as, "Madarin, Cantonese, and...quite a few others."

However it works, I don't imagine CP 2077 would have any major issue being sold in China.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n10794281 said:
China nukes the US to pieces

Ooh? When did they do this in the timeline?
All I know is that the EU dropped 2 space rocks on the US because it was getting uppity and one time tried to take over Crystal Palace.

walkingdarkly;n10798411 said:
All I know is that the EU dropped 2 space rocks on the US because it was getting uppity and one time tried to take over Crystal Palace.
Nope.
They just foreclosed on the national debt.
Why blow up what they own?

walkingdarkly;n10798411 said:

That referred to Fallout.

And yes, EU slingshotted US with big ass rocks from massdriver...

Lisbeth_Salander;n10794281 said:
China nukes the US to pieces (even though the opposite also happened). Makes sense why it wans't banned.

I was referring to content like these lines. Of course, one might say they are not serious, but censorship does not always have a sense of humor. Anyway, CP2077 is unlikely to be banned in China, and will probably have at least Chinese subtitles like past games by CDPR.

sv3672;n10801241 said:
I was referring to content like these lines. Of course, one might say they are not serious, but censorship does not always have a sense of humor. Anyway, CP2077 is unlikely to be banned in China, and will probably have at least Chinese subtitles like past games by CDPR.

I wouldn't be so sure. I've been reporting on some the ... odd decisions China has made lately as far as gaming/tech goes. For example (I didn't write this):

"Just days after the Chinese Communist Party announced that presidential term limits could be abolished ... Chinese government censors issued an extensive list of newly banned words on the popular microblogging site Weibo.

The terms “my emperor” and “lifelong control” were banned from use, along with references to George Orwell’s dystopian novels Animal Farm and 1984..."

Not going to delve into the complex politics surrounding the issue, just using it as an example - China's ruling party is not known for being super open to violence (Even digital) and/or dissent. One government body was even saying PUBG should be banned back in October.

That said, of course there will (probably) be a Chinese translation. Seems like a no-brainer to me. There are Chinese immigrants who now live in Europe and America who may still want to play the game, and there's no guarantee China's government will crack down specifically on 2077 unless it has something particularly controversial. The sheer density of gamers in China (due to their insane population) should make this an easy decision for CDPR.

Last edited:
sv3672;n10801241 said:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution wasn't banned in the China, despite the main villain being a CEO of a Chinese corporation, so yes, I'm pretty sure that Cyberpunk will come out in China just fine.

Top Bottom