Chippin In - no old version planned

+
i did prefer the first version too, but it is understandble why to they would / will only reliase the new version.

But if enough fans want it, there will be good covers of it sooner or later as we know how version 1 was played and the full lyrics will be availble with the new version.

the first version could have been made today. easy. without anyone batting an eye. and it sounded great!

the second one is more in tune with the theme off the punk aspekt of cyberpunk. And Punk beeing the big theme of the system - as is dystopian futurism is for deus ex - that is the correct way to go about it.
does it fit well with my persenal taste. nope, it does not. will it ad to the immersion of the game? probably, even likely.

but in the end we will know for sure when it is here, so likely around the 10-12 of April when the first streamers get there hands on the game and we will be watching them like the addictet ones we are ^^

This is very sad. I hope they will change their mind or at least release it on Youtube or somewhere.

Also I looked at Wiki and I think that the new version isn't really... lore friendly. If I understand it correctly Samurai band was a rock band. "Chippin' In" is their song. So I guess it should have that rock feel. Not punk rock feel.
The punk got into Silverhand's song after he left the band and went solo no?

CDPR,do something with that,because first version absolutely amazing,in history of games and films so many music without release,PLZ dont make this mistake. Maybe its hard and we are dont know all facts,but please try to do this!

P.S.
You are one of the most great developers.

Still several months from release...

Hopefully someone with the power to make these kinds of decisions within CD Projekt Red, decides to include both versions. The "old" Chippin' In could be repurposed as a modern day (2077) cover of Samurai's Chippin In.

There are plenty of examples of things like that happening in the real world, and artists putting their own spin on the track they are covering. See Johnny Cash's cover of Nine Inch Nails' Hurt as a rather famous example.

Having Johnny Silverhand react and comment on it when it plays on the radio could be fun as well.

I just sang the new version of Chippin' In because... well I just sing songs I have in my head.

But the problem is... it was something like this:

"Blah, blah, blah, blah CHIPPIN IN
blah, blah, blah, blah CHIPPIN IN
blah, blah, blah, blah CHIPPIN IN
blah, blah,blaaaaaaaaah."

I'm serious.

I can't listen to this.

This is just classic. It ends when V lefts apartment.

Top Bottom