Chippin In - no old version planned

+
CD Red project, you have always been on good terms with the fans. And we like the old chippin in. You can justify why both tracks exist. Please give us back chippin in 2018, because it is also cool!

Due to the high demand (subjectively seen, from my view anyway) of the old version, but keeping in mind a band already produced a different version and is on-board, you obviously don't have to put the new version under the rug - alternatively, you can release it later or as bonus track and cater to all.

That's how I personally view it. It really was a piece of art seeing (or hearing) it in the first gameplay demo in the apartment. It drew me in just as it drew in many others watching. Someone made it for this and I think it shouldn't end up in Nirvana but be shared :)

It seems that there will not be an older Chippin In song version from 2018 E3 Demo:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/c2fiul I love the original sounds and vocals in the first version since this is the song I have listened and sent to people for over a year now.
What do you think? Is there a way to release it by CDPR outside the game or just keep it as alternative version?

I love the 1st,still not a fan of the second version. Too bad.

Hope someone "hacks" it in :/

I have just discovered Miro Lozar's version and it is so amazing! I'm sorry to say that, but if CDPR ever made a bad call, it was changing the old version of the song. For me the old one was perfect for this setting!
I hope we can add the MIro's version to the game somehow!

It's funny that they replaced such an excellent song with much worse version of it. It's not even the same song. It makes little sense.

Last edited:
Aren't they using the old version's riff on the Official Gameplay Trailer? wondering what they planned to do with it since it's still there.

Aren't they using the old version's riff on the Official Gameplay Trailer? wondering what they planned to do with it since it's still there.

Yes they are. Which gives me hope that they gave the song some new life with different lyrics for example. Or no lyrics at all.
They bloody well should, as the old song is better than anything the "radio artists" have procured so far. (80% of what I've heard is just shit).

Thankfully the actual score sounds very good, so at least I'm not assaulted every moment of gameplay. Ill just have to shoot every radio I see.

Dude if we can have a rapper say Keanu Reeves in a song for the game and we cant have two songs with "chipping in" lyrics in the game then i will be mad....
That's easily explained too, like a parody song or a rework by some other band etc.
Anyway, i hope its still there, full lyrics and all, such a banger.

Another disappointment, for the huge list of disappointments.

I loved this song Chippin 'In 2018, the first time I heard it.

I only have the sadness, along with the things that were promised, and were not delivered in that game.

Thanks CD for disappointing me, even in simple things like removing a song that I loved ...

I prefer the new version for the game. The old version is far too rock and this game is more punk or post-modern.

The old version feels like a early preview or taster when they didn't really know what they had. The new one fits better with the rest of the soundtrack - including the incidental one, IMHO.

Top Bottom