Chippin In Rogue Never Calls Bug

+
Hello,

So I'm in a pickle. I am doing the Chippin in quest, and at some point you have to wait for a day for Rogue to call you back. Having finished over 60-70 side quests (and being burnt out), I time skipped. Guess what... No call. Then I decided, you know what? I'll do some of the main quest. However, that main quest is point-no-return (Nocturne) once I meet Hanako, and I really wanna get Chippin In over with prior to this as I know it affects the ending (and it's just a hyped up quest that I've been looking on to since I first saw Adam Smasher).

I tried exiting and going back in, I tried time skipping 24H and then one by one hour manually. Nothing works. In fact, all of Rogue's side quests have bugged out at this point. I get no calls from her when I start her gigs nor do her gigs end even though I finished up with them, they just stay there without an objective. The rest of the fixers work just fine.

I was originally considering that the issue may have lied in me going to Hanako (but not entering the club) which may led to some bug 'sealing' off Rogue as it assumed I'd continue forward without Chippin In?

Either way, I am not planning to finish the game without this quest so please, please, please, do get this over with. I am surprised that I've done so many unrelated side quests without much of an issue and Chippin In, a very important (next to Main Quest) part of the game bugged out like this.

Oh thank God I'm not alone in this. I have the same issue. I did all other activities, slept and skipped time. She never called.
I tried to call her and got this:
Also in the recent patchnotes I found this:
"Walking away from Stefan in Sweet Dreams shouldn't prevent other characters from calling you anymore." and "Skipping time while in the club in Violence no longer results in issues with progression."
I did both of those things so maybe they didn't fix it after all.

If you haven't tried it, yet. Make sure that the mission is your primary objective, before you wait. I think when you switch to a new mission, the timber timer resets.

I just started that quest today and she called me 1 time so far and said she had to do some more digging to find more information. It says wait a day. You should be able to do side missions if it work I would think. Or pass 24 hours time by manually. See what works. I wasn't in a rush so I was only doing side missions while waiting.

OK so I found a solution. It was a "Sweet Dreams" quest. I load a save before it and went straight to the Afterlife. Without interacting with Stefan.
So I guess they didn't fix it after all.

I'm in the same situation right now, but I did the "Sweet Dreams" quest ages ago, played for like 20 hours after that. Am I just screwed now?

Hello Paixnidiaris

I had the same problem, she just wouldn't call me, no matter how long I've waited. I am at the same point of no return, with all side quests done.
After a few days of waiting I went to the Afterlife and talked to her. I exhausted all of her dialouge and even went into the first option twice to really exhaust everything. After I went upstairs and out of the Afterlife, she called me.
I hope this fixes the problem for you, too.

Didn't
Hello Paixnidiaris

I had the same problem, she just wouldn't call me, no matter how long I've waited. I am at the same point of no return, with all side quests done.
After a few days of waiting I went to the Afterlife and talked to her. I exhausted all of her dialouge and even went into the first option twice to really exhaust everything. After I went upstairs and out of the Afterlife, she called me.
I hope this fixes the problem for you, too.
Didn't work for me

@RedGeneral28 you don't mention whether you actually completed Sweet Dreams or not so I'll put what worked for me

I'd been banging my head on this problem for hours - none of the suggestions on this page worked for me. However I hadn't done the Sweet Dreams job (and didn't want to for RP reasons - could see instantly it was a scam).

So I went and did Sweet Dreams. As soon as I confronted Stefan I skipped24 hours and Rogue called me instantly and the job progressed.

@RedGeneral28 you don't mention whether you actually completed Sweet Dreams or not so I'll put what worked for me

I'd been banging my head on this problem for hours - none of the suggestions on this page worked for me. However I hadn't done the Sweet Dreams job (and didn't want to for RP reasons - could see instantly it was a scam).

So I went and did Sweet Dreams. As soon as I confronted Stefan I skipped24 hours and Rogue called me instantly and the job progressed.
I choosed to walk away the first time. Something like "ain't doing it, give me my money back". So after I encountered the bug with Rogue I loaded save before my interaction with Stefan and it helped 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hi guys, i had the same issue - rouge didn't called me after 24 hours, none of the suggestions on this page worked for me too, but luckily I fixed it, and here is what i did:
  • Track a different quest and then track chippin in again. Make sure it’s the currently active quest.
  • Use the skip time feature to go ahead 24 hours.
  • Save the game and completely shut it down. Back to the system menu and then start the game back up again.
  • If rogue doesn’t call after a minute or 2, use the skip time feature again.
even after these steps, it didn't worked for me, but then i started diffrent sidequest it was a Final fight with razor in the boxing tournament, i fisnished that quest and then i switched to tracking Rouge quest and i skipped 24 hours and then after 1-2 min rouge finnaly called me ( also i can add that while i was waitiing those 2 mins for a call i was running through the street and saw a random scripted gang shooting with police so i decided to join and while i take part of this situation the rougee called me, idk if it casued/affected this phone call but just sayin how it was.)

To conclude i think u need just to start and finish a diffrent sidequest and then again start tracking mission with rouge and skipp 24hrs after that she should call you after 1-2 min

I got the same bug after about 130h in the game (Xbox One), not only does Rogue not call anymore, none of the fixers do, same - it seems - with Claire and the The Beast in Me questline. I actually found out about it because the Fixers wouldn't call anymore and then noticed the calls from Rogue & Claire pending for a long time.
I am not sure what happened, but all of the quest related calls seems to have bugged out on me, while I still can call out and chat with people (while Rogue would spawn in my vicinity if I call her, oddly enough).
So far none of the suggested solutions worked, so I will unfortunately have to suspend my playthrough until hopefully a bugfix is released :(

Edit: I got lucky, apparently.
While cruising the city, I stumbled upon a NCPD Subcon-Quest which was triggered normally, call and all, and after closing that gig Rogue called.
So my suggestion is: Look for open quests (potentially not Fixer quests) and close one of those, that might nudge the quest calls back.
I would exclude Fixer quests, as I tried before on a couple of these and none worked correctly, try NCPD gigs.

Last edited:
I've been in the same situation. I got to the mission when the game version was still 1.06 now at 1.21 things have not changed. I tried everything I found on the internet to no avail. I have no prior save as they are all overwritten by more recent events. I wander what can be done, I would really like to finish this quest before I continue with the "point of no return" quest that is my next main story quest.

Unfortunately, like most of problems/bugs like that, they still here in 1.2+, because they are in a save created on a previous versions of the game :(
I hope CDPR could fix that in a future patch (in short, fixing the save files).
Post automatically merged:

Another thing :)
If you don't already did it, you can report it > Here
By including your save file so that CDPR can more easily find where the problem is coming from.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, like most of problems/bugs like that, they still here in 1.2+, because they are in a save created on a previous versions of the game :(
I hope CDPR could fix that in a future patch (in short, fixing the save files).
Post automatically merged:

Another thing :)
If you don't already did it, you can report it > Here
By including your save file so that CDPR can more easily find where the problem is coming from.
Thank you, LeKill3rFou, I reported the issue.

After reporting it to the CDPR guys they gave me instructions on how to solve it and I've now completed the quest and moved on. So anyone stuck on this give them a report.

I don't know whether this would work for all cases but here is what worked for me:
1. Fast travel to the Cherry Blossom Market fast travel point.
2. Approach one of the Joytoys and trigger a cutscene.
3. Skip 24 hours.
4. Stand still until Rogue calls.

Fingers crossed for all stuck.

Not sure if anyone needs help with this anymore. I found a solution by going trough Rogue's messages and then forwarded 24h. After few minutes she called. Hope it helps someone. Ver 1.31

Top Bottom