Choices & decisions guide for those newcomers without a save.

+
Choices & decisions guide for those newcomers without a save.

This thread is not about the "Save Game Import" that you can find here. This thread is only about the decisions and the choices you must make as a new player in beginning of The Witcher 3 that have no save to use. I'm one of those newcomers, so I tried to make something that had some information but not too much.. just what I thought was important after reading the wiki for The Witcher 2 as I have never played it.

Attachments

• choices.jpg
    choices.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 631
Last edited:
This thread is not about the "Save Game Import" that you can find here. This thread is only about the decisions and the choices you must make as a new player in beginning of The Witcher 3 that have no save to use. I'm one of those newcomers, so I tried to make something that had some information but not too much.. just what I thought was important after reading the wiki for The Witcher 2 as I have never played it.

You forgot to mention
"Save saskia then all sorceress all hunted by the army and hated by the people"

Last edited:
You forgot to mention
"Save saskia then all sorceress all hunted by the army and hated by the people"
I believe that is a spoiler of what to come in The Witcher 3.
I did not want to reveal the consequences of your decisions.

I played the Witcher 2 and have my save file but I forgot about all these choices. Can't remember what I even picked lol.

I have Witcher 2 but I was wondering, what if I don´t want to import my save files and have this cutscene appear and enter all the choices manually, is it possible?

Anyways here are my choices!

Killed Aryan - Went with Iorveth - Saved Triss - Spared Síle - Killed Letho

So I hope these will have some interesting consequences : )

I have seen these are the questions you ask, but do we have any confirmation from the Devs if there are any more subtle changes reflected from more minor choices, even down to wether you killed leedo in Flotsam or saved the Elf woman / saved the elves in the burning tower?

And are things from W1 carried through, for example I saved Adda in W1 so she was mentioned as saved in W2 (i believe the default sate was she was dead), and married to Radovid; again wether Sigfreid is alive is another fairly large potential change. I would hate to thing that my contigious story is broken by something as jarring as me being told I killed Adda when i blatently didnt.

I have Witcher 2 but I was wondering, what if I don´t want to import my save files and have this cutscene appear and enter all the choices manually, is it possible?

Anyways here are my choices!

Killed Aryan - Went with Iorveth - Saved Triss - Spared Síle - Killed Letho

So I hope these will have some interesting consequences : )
If you don't import your save file, you will get these choices as any other who has not played The Witcher 2.

I'm going to let Aryan, Síle and Letho live.
This way there might be a chance I will see them.

Last edited:
Yeah I probably won´t, I really want this cutscene but if I accidentally click on something wrong, my whole world will crumble : D

I think I´ll go with what my choices were, the only character I want to see again out of the three is Síle. (And Philippa but they did not mention her.)

Also I was surprised they didn´t ask about Stennis or Henselt, both are somehow major characters who could have died as well.

This thread is only about the decisions and the choices you must make as a new player in beginning of The Witcher 3 that have no save to use. I'm one of those newcomers, so I tried to make something that had some information but not too much.. just what I thought was important after reading the wiki for The Witcher 2 as I have never played it.

While I can't say how many actual newcomers will see this here, I'm sure they'd find it useful. Good job!

Also I was surprised they didn´t ask about Stennis or Henselt, both are somehow major characters who could have died as well.

Henselt isn't going to stop the Nilfs by himself, so his fate is kind of irrelevant, especially because of that other thing that happens. Broche will probably mention sparing him, assuming you imported the save, but that's about it. And Stennis is just all-around useless.
I'm kind of surprised that sparing Sheala will matter, though. Too bad I always kill her, I guess.

Last edited:
Please tell me killing or sparing Henselt\Stennis and giving Anais to the Temerians\Redenians will matter

This thread is not about the "Save Game Import" that you can find
Thank you for the post. And I know you don't want to spoil TW3 but can you put some stuff in spoiler tag about TW2... I played it but it has been awhile (and unfortuantely lost my saves do to computer being reformatted. I was going to replay TW2 but haven't had time lately... I recall those choices themselves but don't recall everythign consequence wise in TW2. Obivously if you kill someone they are dead but the choice specifically about Saskia, I knw saving here certain events happened in TW2 and others if not saving her, but can't recall that well.

Could you (or anyone else) with spoiler tags explain TW2 portion of plot for those things in greater detail?

Well, that was even interesting for me, who played through the game several times. I didn't even know that Anais and Debussy were in the last act. I think my Geralt will make the same choices every time I play through the game :D
Besides I'm looking forward to learn about what happened to Arian, Sheala and Letho if they are in the game.

Arian died in a road accident
Sheala became a prostitute
Letho went berserk and killed himself
And lastly saskia........?

I really hope I get to see what happened to Síle de Tansarville after I let her live, like I hope she is alive somewhere.. and after reading about Letho.. well his not so bad, why kill him. Just not sure about Roche and Iorveth anymore..

Thank you very much... but maybe it would be good to also have perspective on consequences of our choices in W2 (not in W3 as we don't know these yet.). Ex. when we decide to spare Aryan we meet him at the end of the game, or when witchhunt occurs. Thanks again!

If you save Aryan La Valette in The Witcher 2, this will happen in The Witcher 2:

"Seeing that further resistance was hopeless, Aryan yielded, laid down his arms and placed himself at the king's mercy.
Unfortunately, he could not count on it after Foltest's death, and only Geralt's intervention saved him from torture and disgrace.

Honor prevented the proud youth from fleeing his family seat while it was in enemy hands. Aryan made a decision that meant certain death for himself, but he nevertheless made it without hesitation, sealing with his sacrifice the bloodiest chapter ever in La Valette family annals.

Imagine the witcher's surprise when he learned that the heroic youth had survived after all and then turned to King Radovid of Redania for help in finding his sister, Anaïs."

Thank you ..can you please tell me which decisions triggers witchhunt? :)

Roche Path
Rescuing Anais when you have a choice between her and Triss

Iorveth Path
"Rescuing" Philippa when you have a choice between her and Triss

You may see the pattern there? May 17th is half right, that's the trigger on Iorveth Path.

As far as the savegames import is concerned though, they do only seem to be counting the Iorveth version, possibly because Anais still gets saved on Roche path, regardless of your decision.

Last edited:
Let Aryan live - Went with Iorveth - Saved Saskia - Spared Síle - Spared Letho

These are my choices. I sadly have no save file anymore so it will have to be through questions.

Top Bottom