Choices matters ?

+
Choice does NOT matter in CP2077.
CP2077 is NOT an RPG.

Cyber"punk" 2077 is a sad excuse for a game, an amalgamation of "hey look at how cool we are." Cyberpunk 2077 is a truly amazing foundation of a game that hates itself because its not a Hollywood movie. Cyberpunk 2077 is a disgrace.

I had hoped for more input into V. More choices, both in attitude and background (when it cropped up). WIthout spoilers, the romance option I want for at one point offered three yellow choices -- I though, ah, a chance to pick one I like! No. I had to pick all three.

Maybe I have been spoiled with text-based CYOA's lately, but I wanted to make V my V, I found myself thinking it was too acidic, aggressive or whatever compared to what I wanted to have said.

And RPG? Stats doesn't make an RPG, that's more of a roll-playing game than a role-playing game. Wish they had stayed with Cyberpunk 2020/Red with no levels and stats on items and offered more actual choices instead. Can't even pick a clothing style or a weapon that will be iconic in the end, because in a few levels that choice will be greatly surpassed too.

Bad choice on CPR's part. Choice matters, but when we get none, how can we make them?

On the first playthrough, you may not notice, but on the second you can see how bad this game is.

At the beginning of the game, we save the girl from the ice bath. And for this Wakako thanks us and gives the implant.
And I thought - what if this mission fails?
First, I tried to kill the woman who is peeking out of her door in the hallway. And, of course, this cannot be done. Then I decided to go through the mission from the prologue completely quietly! After all, the game pushes for this. I slipped into the bath, unnoticed, pulled the girl out of it.
And then a timer appears and I need to quickly inject her with medicine or she will die. THIS IS MY CHANCE! I'm going to fail the mission now ... no.
Whatever you do, the character will ask Jackie for a syringe and give her an injection.

But that's not all. After that, Jackie says - it seems they left (scavengers), they were scared of Trauma Team. And at first it seemed to me that everything was ok, the enemies left the location. Well, because it was stealthy.
BUT NO! LOOOOOL! You underestimate how bad this game is! If you go back to the room where the enemies were, then they did not leave. No, they did not leave the location. THEY ALL LAY ON THE FLOOR AS SOMEONE STUNNED THEM! WHAT WAS THIS AT ALL? This is one of the first missions, one of the first missions that you showed in the presentations!

It's like Fallout 4 really. Choices are limited to: Yes. Yes, but not right now. Maybe, which means yes, and I am sarcastic and mad at you but will say yes.

I think this is perfectly fine when it comes to the base storyline missions and how you progress in that. Saints Row, which I feel Cyberpunk is mimicking a lot, was also like that.

I see that the forums are inundated with requests to make barber shops in the game. Or that you could browse clothes in a store. Or what would be a more convenient crafting interface.

But these are all such minor things. These are all just minor details. I would easily agree to play without barber shops, without choosing clothes, with an inconvenient interface.
Do whatever you want with Cyberpunk! You can cut up the graphics, make the police as dumb as you want. And for me all this will be ok!

But you have committed the worst sin. That which cannot be forgiven. You lied about a non-linear story.

Call of Duty Cold War also has a choice of character backstories. And also it is possible to pass missions loudly or stealth. And your partners have different dialogues depending on the backstory. And the game has several endings. How bad did you do that I have to compare her ROLE PLAYING to Call of Duty?

I see that the forums are inundated with requests to make barber shops in the game. Or that you could browse clothes in a store. Or what would be a more convenient crafting interface.

But these are all such minor things. These are all just minor details. I would easily agree to play without barber shops, without choosing clothes, with an inconvenient interface.
Do whatever you want with Cyberpunk! You can cut up the graphics, make the police as dumb as you want. And for me all this will be ok!

But you have committed the worst sin. That which cannot be forgiven. You lied about a non-linear story.

Call of Duty Cold War also has a choice of character backstories. And also it is possible to pass missions loudly or stealth. And your partners have different dialogues depending on the backstory. And the game has several endings. How bad did you do that I have to compare her ROLE PLAYING to Call of Duty?
They should add those things because we can't possibly expect an RPG at this point nor we should think about Cyberpunk 2077 as an RPG. It's an open-world, action-adventure story. So if that's the case it should at least be better than GTA San Andreas, right? But GTA SA is a better open-world game than this is. So they should at least fix that.

Choice does NOT matter in CP2077.
CP2077 is NOT an RPG.

Cyber"punk" 2077 is a sad excuse for a game, an amalgamation of "hey look at how cool we are." Cyberpunk 2077 is a truly amazing foundation of a game that hates itself because its not a Hollywood movie. Cyberpunk 2077 is a disgrace.
As it's a choose your own adventure, and with choices you get with different results, it is an rpg. If you want to troll, go to 4chan. Loved my first playthru. Going to wait a week or two for the next patches before I roll a different character.

We failed the mission. Jackie wounded. And I want to somehow influence the situation. I'm calling Riper to tell hem about this! To get at least some help. Can somehow stop the blood or something.
And do you know what my options are?
1.How is your business?
2. See you.
WHAT?

Let me remind you that at Kojima, when you called on the Codec, the characters gave advice and answers depending on the context. Depending on the location, the moment in the plot or the thing you are looking at, optional, situational comments from other characters appeared in the game. And MGS IS NOT EVEN an RPG!

Yes, I still go through the mission with the hotel over and over again. Still trying to find something that was hidden there. At least some clues to save Jackie!

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.22 - 17.37.08.17.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.22 - 17.37.08.17.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 68
We failed the mission. Jackie wounded. And I want to somehow influence the situation. I'm calling Riper to tell hem about this! To get at least some help. Can somehow stop the blood or something.
And do you know what my options are?
1.How is your business?
2. See you.
WHAT?

Let me remind you that at Kojima, when you called on the Codec, the characters gave advice and answers depending on the context. Depending on the location, the moment in the plot or the thing you are looking at, optional, situational comments from other characters appeared in the game. And MGS IS NOT EVEN an RPG!

Yes, I still go through the mission with the hotel over and over again. Still trying to find something that was hidden there. At least some clues to save Jackie!
Yeah, Jackie dies. Non-mutable part of the plot

Yeah, Jackie dies. Non-mutable part of the plot
I know. But there are too many strange things in this mission.
Saburo Arasaki's army token is marked with a yellow badge like a quest item.
There is a laptop on the roof that is marked as a mission target, but it is not active.
In the garage where Delamaine meets you, there is a Jeep that is marked as an item that can be examined in scan mode.

There are too many oddities in this mission.

On the first playthrough, you may not notice, but on the second you can see how bad this game is.

At the beginning of the game, we save the girl from the ice bath. And for this Wakako thanks us and gives the implant.
And I thought - what if this mission fails?
First, I tried to kill the woman who is peeking out of her door in the hallway. And, of course, this cannot be done. Then I decided to go through the mission from the prologue completely quietly! After all, the game pushes for this. I slipped into the bath, unnoticed, pulled the girl out of it.
And then a timer appears and I need to quickly inject her with medicine or she will die. THIS IS MY CHANCE! I'm going to fail the mission now ... no.
Whatever you do, the character will ask Jackie for a syringe and give her an injection.

But that's not all. After that, Jackie says - it seems they left (scavengers), they were scared of Trauma Team. And at first it seemed to me that everything was ok, the enemies left the location. Well, because it was stealthy.
BUT NO! LOOOOOL! You underestimate how bad this game is! If you go back to the room where the enemies were, then they did not leave. No, they did not leave the location. THEY ALL LAY ON THE FLOOR AS SOMEONE STUNNED THEM! WHAT WAS THIS AT ALL? This is one of the first missions, one of the first missions that you showed in the presentations!
Is this serious? If so, they do really need to fix this... god damnit
Post automatically merged:

There is a laptop on the roof that is marked as a mission target, but it is not active.
In the garage where Delamaine meets you, there is a Jeep that is marked as an item that can be examined in scan mode.

The developers probably planned to have many different paths for the mission but the higher ups and leadership pushed it.

This game really needed almost every side and main mission to have different outcomes, even if the very ending is still the same. It's at least nice to see side missions with different small little endings of themselves trough the game.

Choices matter in a fair few points in the game but there is also situations where making a choice makes absolutely no difference. There is no way to not work with Dex, which in the story it implies you can... Playing it for the second time and you see how rail roaded it all is with some flavor dialog

Is this serious? If so, they do really need to fix this... god damnit
Post automatically merged:

The developers probably planned to have many different paths for the mission but the higher ups and leadership pushed it.

This game really needed almost every side and main mission to have different outcomes, even if the very ending is still the same. It's at least nice to see side missions with different small little endings of themselves trough the game.
I'm more or less convinced the whole (now) main story was "an option" at some point... before they blew up Silverhand's character with Hollywood star power.

Yeah, I noticed many things like that too. Golden marks, scannable items, different paths, (obvious) resolutions to problems,... There are many (dialogue) choices and main story events that I haven't found to have any effect, but maybe they do (somewhat, somewhere, somewhen,...)?
Maybe there's something more to morale, hidden karma stat, or how you interact with NPCs which eventually enables more options?

I kind of refuse to believe in all the bad stuff that happens through the whole game pretty much irregardless of what you choose to do :D

I literally did some side quest, I thought I picked the most helpful options and did all the best I could...and then the guy decided to commit suicide...I was like "wtf, he seemed to be getting much better just an hour ago"... D:

There just must be more to it.
The story does not match even half the options and outcomes from trailers and I refuse to believe that it's because of CDPRs resources or anything like that.
The first quests should have been among the first to be thought about quite thoroughly. Maybe there are some hidden mechanics or something not mentioned in the context, or quest descriptions that we are supposed to find and do on our own?

I just finished a mission (Can't remember off-hand what the name was) where I had to pick up some guy named Jose. The compound he was in had all kinds of militech equipment that was marked as scannable but had no purpose from what I could see. Almost looked like it was supposed to be either a different quest or a new quest opener that was probably scrapped. Like you go in the get this guy and find all this stolen equipment and it's like "Woah, we need to find out where they're getting all this and why" or perhaps it was supposed to be "Go in and find evidence they are stealing militech equipment"

Top Bottom