Choices matters ?

+
I can agree most if not all choices don't matter in THIS version of the game,

Along with what others have posted on here, here my evidence...

During this mission when up against El César, once you defeat him you have the choice of taking the fight winnings along with his ride, alternatively you're also able to JUST take the fight winnings...

I chose this option...

A few game days/weeks later, El César texts me and shows me his new bundle of joy him and Micaela have brought into this world... then he proceeds to ask me this...

text messaging bug 4.png

Remember, I CHOSE to take ONLY the fight winnings and leave him his ride...

How tf am I supposed to know what his rides been up to and how it's holding up? I haven't touched it, let alone taken it for a test drive to see if "She still purrin?".

The only obvious choice of action was to tell him that it's been collecting dust in a garage... (Who's garage?? We don't own a damn garage, the apartments don't allow us to store any vehicles in a "garage"... [mind you this is playing as Street Kid V])

Then him showing he truly cares for his car... and to REALLY solidify that choices mean sweet fa in this game, proceeds to say:
At least I can sleep at night knowing my old ride's in good hands ;)
Keeping a car in an astral planed garage isn't exactly the best way to show that that car is "in good hands...".

Idek, my immersion's already lost on this not even half-baked game... It's like the recipe called for the game to be baked for 40 min's while CDPR management tried to find a workaround of about 7 minutes...

There's other instances of shit like this going on, where say, one or two missions where you save a store owner from being rob/killed/what have you, and they promise to give you some free shit.

NEVER HAPPENS, still have to pay and the items they stated would be able to "purchase/obtained" (for free) aren't in their inventory at all...

So yeah, most if not all choices don't actually mean a thing in Cyberpunk 2077

Last edited:
In general as someone who finished the main quest plus everyother side quest the choices don't matter. The only choice that impacts the game is what ending you pick nothing else. Everything what you do is pretty much linear and meaningless untill the very end. It has absolutely no impact on the surrounding world.
Do you recommend doing all side missions and gigs before the final mission?
Post automatically merged:

For me it's the ending that kills all replayability. This is a story i'm fine experiencing once, have no desire going through the same emotional rollercoasted just to be left in the deepest of lows.
Guys, friends, clearly we're all superfans here of th Witcher series and CP2077, but shouldn't all this come as no surprise since articles like this were made public long before the game released? It's all kind of making sense now to me.

Last edited:
No, you're not going to change the game so dramatically you branch off experiencing completely different content. There are some branching paths but for the most part your choices will impact missions down the road. For instance making certain life paths may allow you to waltz into a heavily guarded complex for example while saying the wrong thing to a pivotal NPC might lock you out of a ending or alternate way to finish the game.

People whining about lack of choice have unrealistic expectations and also misunderstand the way the game switches based on your actions. Which I find odd because many choices in Witcher are only felt much later after playing more of the main campaign. Well surprise! This game's much the same way.

Is it true that 98% of choices we made have absolutely no impact on the story and they only changes the next line of dialogue and that’s it ?
Same with the endings - are they entirely decided by one set of dialogues during the final mission ?

This is RPG ?

To be fair, choices do matter, but you won't get a whole different second act like in Witcher 2, depending on a single choice, and Witcher 3 is miles off from cyberpunk. You control V in one and Geralt in another. Two relatively established characters, but cyberpunk misses the way you explore the world through those secondary side quests picked while on the road, full of small flavor options and choices. Instead it's got camp clearing gigs/ncpd scans...
One could argue we can read shards for data on gigs we can do, but it's not the same as other kinds of interaction and it still keeps most gigs feeling as camp clearings.

Different dialogue options are essential for RPGs, even if the outcome doesn't change significantly. The problem with voiced over ones is that sometimes you feel like the character will say something and what comes out have a completely different connotation. Full dialogue lines would help.

Maybe story is good, but replayability value is 0.
This was done by the guys who made Witcher 3, where one small choice in the mid of the game could change so much later (The Whispering Hillock quest or Ciri visiting /not visiting Emhyr for example).

I don't get it.

hold one right there , it was made by the same company but not by exactly by the same team of tw3
this game feels inferior to the witcher 3 in quest design

hold one right there , it was made by the same company but not by exactly by the same team of tw3
this game feels inferior to the witcher 3 in quest design
Why they didn't had the same team making the new game is beyond understanding...

To be fair, choices do matter, but you won't get a whole different second act like in Witcher 2, depending on a single choice, and Witcher 3 is miles off from cyberpunk. You control V in one and Geralt in another. Two relatively established characters, but cyberpunk misses the way you explore the world through those secondary side quests picked while on the road, full of small flavor options and choices. Instead it's got camp clearing gigs/ncpd scans...
One could argue we can read shards for data on gigs we can do, but it's not the same as other kinds of interaction and it still keeps most gigs feeling as camp clearings.

Different dialogue options are essential for RPGs, even if the outcome doesn't change significantly. The problem with voiced over ones is that sometimes you feel like the character will say something and what comes out have a completely different connotation. Full dialogue lines would help.
Witcher 3 and 2 (maybe even the first one, would have to replay it) ate light years ahead of this game in terms of script writing and quest design.

It's a bit odd to me that the dialogue choices weren't given the same weight as most actions. There are whole quests that you can mess up by simply driving the wrong way, or leaving the quest halfway though. Meanwhile you could trash talk the npc and nothing happens. There's always that empty skill box that we can hope a dialogue skill can be put in.

In my first playthrough I was a total bitch towards Johny, I didn't bother to do his quests at all and as a result I only had the choise of Nomad or Arasaka endings.
Supposedly there's a secret ending where you get to play as Johny - doing the Arasaka raid all by himself, wich you need to do every correct conversation choises to unlock.
You can also miss out on some quests if you make the wrong decisions (very obvious ones where you just refuse to help NPCs)

what cracks me up the most is they built this super cool city in such a detail and added 0 replay value or end game content or content or anything procedual generated anything man something

In my first playthrough I was a total bitch towards Johny, I didn't bother to do his quests at all and as a result I only had the choise of Nomad or Arasaka endings.
Supposedly there's a secret ending where you get to play as Johny - doing the Arasaka raid all by himself, wich you need to do every correct conversation choises to unlock.
You can also miss out on some quests if you make the wrong decisions (very obvious ones where you just refuse to help NPCs)
Well you kinda wrong you can be mean to johnny and still unlock the secret ending all you have to do is pick the second choice dialog at johnny's grave and give him another chance literally 1 dialog option to unlock that ending how do i know? its all over the internet and i tested it multiple times
and the missing out on some side quests is veryyyyyyyyyy minimum like when u save the netrunner and u neverrrrrrrrrrrr hear from her again or Sandra dorsett lead to absolutely nowhere

Last edited:
Top Bottom