Choose Character Instead of/along with NG+

+
I think a cool addition to the game would be a character select screen, similar to the one in Skyrim. When you open the game and the intro menu shows up, you have the option "Load". From that option, you have the "Character Select" button. This would allow you to select saves from specific characters you have created, rather than having to wade through all of the saves mashed into one menu, trying to look for the specific character you want to play.

I realize not everybody will play this game more than once, but I know a lot of us on this forum will be creating multiple characters to do multiple playthroughs, but also will want to jump back to our highly leveled characters every once in a while. For me there is no greater feeling of accomplishment in an rpg than going back and playing a highly leveled character that you have been with since the beginning and dominating enemies.

Also, I say instead of because NG+ is somewhat of a similar idea, but I personally don't like NG+ because like i mentioned, you can't go back to being a highly leveled badass and destroying all of your enemies.

Just an idea, but I think it would be very cool if implemented.

NG+ and your idea aren't mutually exclusive. I'm a bit confused, though. How is a "choose character" screen different than just loading a character's save?

NG+ and your idea aren't mutually exclusive. I'm a bit confused, though. How is a "choose character" screen different than just loading a character's save?
It's not different in the way you load into the game, but rather before you load you can choose which character's saves you want to access. For example if you had two created two characters, and you want to play the first one you created, but you had saved a bunch of games with the second one, you would have to scroll all the way down and search for the last save you did with the first character. It would be a lot easier if you could just choose right off the bat which character's saves you wanted to access, so you didn't just have to choose from one big database of every save you've ever created, rather the saves specific to a certain character.

CDPR does a terrible NG+ in my opinion. The way 9 see it, NG+ should have your character be overleveled, and able to wade through the enemies, unless you set level scaling.

The game will most likely push you to follow some path with Johnny Silverhand (Hey, I can see Alt throught that black waaaallll ♥ > reason why you can't romance him...).
I guess either you help him break the Black Wall, either you destroy the chip, either you sell it etc...

Anyway, probably you'll be tooled up for the next game, but no more immortality chip...
Could, make the NG+ way harder (and would be good if they'd block or just change the color of the choices you already made, so you could take a new path)

Now, I guess the mecanics will be pretty common, so even if you made a solo build, nothing stops you to make a Netrunner or Techie build (you'd only need to puts more points in those skills, that's all), then... Just use your Net/Tech perks/skills as you want instead of the solo one.

It's not different in the way you load into the game, but rather before you load you can choose which character's saves you want to access. For example if you had two created two characters, and you want to play the first one you created, but you had saved a bunch of games with the second one, you would have to scroll all the way down and search for the last save you did with the first character. It would be a lot easier if you could just choose right off the bat which character's saves you wanted to access, so you didn't just have to choose from one big database of every save you've ever created, rather the saves specific to a certain character.
Absolutely agree! I think this and NG+ would be awesome, though of course NG+ 処すLDべおPとなL。

We definetely need something like dark souls series (couldn't find a better pic):

The only UI thingy that makes sense in from software games.

A classic load save like TW3 would be too messy with multiple characters.

Agreed that it would be good to have an easy way to distinguish between different Vs' (that sounds weird) saves.

I agree. Going through multiple play styles is different than when in the witcher, ie being one character. Not to mention it would just make it much easier to navigate saves and their locations fluently.

Hum..

I never use NG+ . I like to start over from scratch . Unlock everything all over again .

But I would like something to save that sexy character I can't remake a second time :p

as long as they start at Lvl 1 again .

CDPR does a terrible NG+ in my opinion. The way 9 see it, NG+ should have your character be overleveled, and able to wade through the enemies, unless you set level scaling.
What? NG+ in Witcher 3 is fine except that it doesnt stack which you can solve with a mod...Im sure they will do better in Cyberpunk 2077.

Top Bottom