Chort decoction

+

iCake

Forum veteran
Chort decoction

Hello everyone.

Does anyone know what the chort decoction actually does? The description says that it makes you immune to stagger or reduces a knockdown effect to stagger.

The thing is I seem to be vulnerable to stagger while being under the effect of the decoction and big enemies like fiends still knock me down. So is it bugged or I don't understand the description correctly?

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Hello everyone.

Does anyone know what the chort decoction actually does? The description says that it makes you immune to stagger or reduces a knockdown effect to stagger.

The thing is I seem to be vulnerable to stagger while being under the effect of the decoction and big enemies like fiends still knock me down. So is it bugged or I don't understand the description correctly?

Decoctions were fixed in patch 1.10, if you're still experiencing problems please contact our tech support to report the problem: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

Hello everyone.

I've noticed similar issue and I am pretty sure I have 1.10.

I also noticed another decoctation doesn't work: Reliever's decoctation. I tried to use it but when I checked Geralt's statistics resistance remains at the same level as before using decoctation. Also, I haven't noticed any big change in resistance in real combat. Can someone confirm that this item actually works and there is only a glitch in Geralt's stats or this decoctation doesn't work at all?

Edit: OK, I will submit request to support as Burza46 suggested.

iCake

Forum veteran
I've noticed similar issue and I am pretty sure I have 1.10.

I also noticed another decoctation doesn't work: Reliever's decoctation. I tried to use it but when I checked Geralt's statistics resistance remains at the same level as before using decoctation. Also, I haven't noticed any big change in resistance in real combat. Can someone confirm that this item actually works and there is only a glitch in Geralt's stats or this decoctation doesn't work at all?

Edit: OK, I will submit request to support as Burza46 suggested.

I'm pretty sure it is only supposed to work against wraiths.

Ancient Leshen decoction also doesn't show any change in the stats screen during combat. Not sure if it is not being displayed, or it's not actually working.

And yes, I can confirm that Chort decoction doesn't work. I still get knocked down when using the decoction.

iCake

Forum veteran
Ancient Leshen decoction also doesn't show any change in the stats screen during combat. Not sure if it is not being displayed, or it's not actually working.

On 1.08 I used to rely on the ancient leshen decoction, but I eventually gave it up, because it was too inconsistent. Sometimes my stamina regen did go up and sometimes it just didn't.

When I was fighting that level 48 archgriffin I managed to get my stamina regen to 75 a second and it actually showed on the stats board.

I'm pretty sure it is only supposed to work against wraiths.
Maybe you are right, but then description should be changed. It is a bit misleading:

I don't remember seeing any wraith which inflicted elemental or bludgeoning damage.

Attachments

• reliever.png
    reliever.png
    340 KB · Views: 197

iCake

Forum veteran
@mj12

Prior to 1.10 all you had for the description was "increases damage dealt and decreases damage taken against wraiths". I don't think this is misleading, in fact it's crystal clear.

The problem is they decided to add stats to the decoctions in 1.10. Now this is misleading, I agree with you. All they had to do is combine the resistance lines into something like this: "Damage resistance vs wraiths 15%".

Nevertheless, the decoction does work against wraiths exclusively. You can test it out yourself by noting damage dealt and taken with and without this decoction while fighting wraiths.

As for wraiths dealing elemental or bludgeoning damage, there might be ones in the new expansion. In fact I believe there is one dealing bludgeoning damage in HoS already.

Maybe you are right, but then description should be changed. It is a bit misleading:

I don't remember seeing any wraith which inflicted elemental or bludgeoning damage.

Wraiths always did do elemental damage. Not sure if any of the new ones do additional types, but this was standard in the base game (and made them extremely dangerous, as elemental damage has no armour value applied to it, and most armours have no resistance).

Top Bottom