Chosing your deck

+
Chosing your deck

Hello :) I dont know how current system works but i think i can suggest something. When it comes to match makeing what do we got? Just two players against them. We should adopt system when players can choice their decks like enemy is chosing nilfgard so we can counter this by maybe monsters. I think about two options, the first one is that players choice decks till they are sure they are want to play A deck against B deck but better system is i think that the worst player by the rank or random player(by coin flip or smth) can choice first,then the enemy is recting and then is coming again to first player turn when he can coice his deck in counter.What do you think?
In my opinion is pretty random when you chocie for example monsters and enemy is choicing scoiattelle. Reacting on enemy move is the key of the good turn based strategy game

p.s. my english is pretty bad at 2 a.m. so if you dont understand just ask.

I think this throws up a lot of tough counter picking challenges that really don't need to be in the game.

If you think about Hearthstone for a moment. When you select a Deck you have no idea what opponent you'll get, you just build a Deck that's going to be good (Hopefully) and play with it.
Sometimes an opposing Deck counters yours and sometimes yours counter theirs. (At least in Hearthstone) But that's not because Mage ALWAYS counters Paladin for example, more like Control ALWAYS beats blah blah...

So in this game, You'll just have to build Decks and play against everyone. Which I think is best.
You don't want a situation where anytime you turn up as a monster player, the opponent always choose Northern Realms or something.

In tournaments, they use Deck Elimination, where each player builds 3 Decks and then they play 3 games each with and verse a different Deck. I like that for tournaments.

Being able to choose your deck after you've already entered a game brings up a lot of issues. What's to stop someone from picking a deck specifically to counter yours? Also, who picks first? It will end up with both people just sitting there waiting for the other one to pick a deck so they can pick whatever is best against that.
It's less than ideal.

Guest 3893205

This solution works only in many-vs-many PvP (as we probably all know from League of Legends). As stated above, nothing will stop you from choosing a deck countering the one that has already been chosen.

Doesn't make much sense for more casual play and as for competitive matches i.e. semi-pro/pro tournaments there is no need for such a feature since rules regarding decks will be established beforehand.

Last edited:
I play allot of mtg ( including events and comps) and picoing a deck each round seems wrong. If the balancing is done right there always gonna be cards and deckbuilds that you either destroy without contest or lose horribly to. You cant make a decl that takes on all comers. Its all up to the belancing and the amount of cards they make.

My suggestion to the deck choice is this: you find out what faction the opponent is going to be using. Then get to choose your deck that you've created for which faction. I find that I would have played a much different deck against the different factions - regardless of the fact that I would be using that one faction. I would love this :)

Well you already selected the faction you wanted to play before finding match. Once match is found you get to see their leader of choice, you should be able to tweak your deck or play an alternate deck of the faction you chose.

waraidako;n2749523 said:
Being able to choose your deck after you've already entered a game brings up a lot of issues. What's to stop someone from picking a deck specifically to counter yours? Also, who picks first? It will end up with both people just sitting there waiting for the other one to pick a deck so they can pick whatever is best against that.
It's less than ideal.

I suggested something similar a few weeks ago, but in my suggestion one person picked a deck and allows the other player to choose what they want to play. In return they get some kind of reward (maybe +5 scraps or automatically losing the coin toss so the other player has to go first)

That would solve the problem of who chooses first and make the game more interesting. You're basically saying "I'm playing Monsters, come at me bro!"

The idea was to have it as an alternative to casual. It would be a good way to test decks you're experimenting with by making sure you face decks that think they can counter yours.

Top Bottom