Chris Priestly got hired by CDPR, when did that happen?

+
Welcome aboard @TheEvilChris ! Not the perfect introduction thread, but we got all the bad stuff out of the way, so we can finally relish the good things in front of us. Never had a problem with your work back on BSN and I think it's gonna be the same here. Hope you take an active part in our forums.

Don't be fooled by the smallish size of the community. When TW3 hits us finally in February this seemingly quiet forum will burst in flames! Be prepared.

Ha! This needs to be made official. If Chris agrees of course ::)

Welcome Chris !

If you ever need help with game development issues, feel free to ask me.
I'm creative, reckless and I have coffee in my bloodstream~

What Zorn forgot to mention is that he is constantly hyperactive, so you may not get a word of sense out of him at times! :evil:

Welcome to the madhouse @TheEvilChris!

Mr. Priestly's stance on paid DLC is a bit worrying as well, now I'm not sure if he's just outlining his employer's policy here or if they are his own personal views, I'd very much prefer if it were the former since such a stance is at odds with the values that CDPR espouses.
Worrying? That, has nothing to do with how CDPR handles content, so irrelevant. Chris isn't calling the shots on how DLCs are handled.

Worrying? That, has nothing to do with how CDPR handles content, so irrelevant. Chris isn't calling the shots on how DLCs are handled.
True, but he was banning people over at BSN for sharing information on how to unlock on-disk DLC, and that is what I was alluding to.

At BioWare there were rules that sharing information, websites, etc that discussed or promoted piracy were not to be discussed on the BioWare forums or BSN. It had nothing to do with my personal beliefs about DLC, pay or not, piracy, etc. There were site rules, people did not follow the site rules and after being warned, if they did not follow the rules, they were banned.

I always had the bad rep for banning people because it was my job to ban people. I had the hard role as the enforcer. It was never personal, it was always work. For a community manager, banning people is the last thing you want to do. You want MORE people to be part of your community, not less. People who are banned rarely give the whole story and usually put their slant on what happened "...I was totally innocent and this jerk came and banned me for nothing..." and word gets around that the manager or the community are jerks because they banned someone.

I will be ecstatically happy if I never ban anyone ever again. :)

Jupiter_on_Mars

I will be ecstatically happy if I never ban anyone ever again. :)

Apologies in advance.

Besides, it's us Blue guys who usually do all the banning here >_>

Blue... guys...now, that sounds strangely familiar...a fuzzy dream...coming back to me...wait...wait...

Yeah! I can ban people!

Gregski, deep down you're like a mouton, all fluffy and cuddly, you wouldn't harm a butterfly. It's Sid Vicious the evil bloke among you!

Last edited:
Didn't really know who Chris Priestly was until recently, and as regrettable as his behavior may have been at the Bioware forums it is clear that is Bioware's modus operandi. If a person works for a fascist government, oppressing and ridiculing people, can you fully blame the individual? Or is he just following orders regardless of his personal preferences?

I'll just ignore that bit of his past for now (like I ignore most gaming news anyway) and expect the best behavior from him now that he's left the dark. Who knows, he might just be a normal person after all :p

Thankfully CDPR doesn't pull off bullshit scams like overpriced, on-disc DLC so things like that are likely to not even happen in these parts. In all honesty, it's like he was playing the devil's attorney, defending Bioware.

Top Bottom