Chris Priestly got hired by CDPR, when did that happen?

+
Hey Chris.

I think twitter is the place you need to be very politically correct lol.

Can you can give us insight into what it was like working at Bioware. After the Mass Effect 3 fiasco I was mad at Bioware for years. But I also realize that the devs working on the game are passionate people and I feel sorry that they got so much hate considering the resources they got for the scope of the game were very limited.

How did you and the devs feel about the negative fan reaction?

Gossiping about a former employer is pretty much not on. Let's not pretend that trying to badger Chris into doing so is within the purpose of this forum.

Jupiter_on_Mars

If a person works for a fascist government, oppressing and ridiculing people, can you fully blame the individual? Or is he just following orders regardless of his personal preferences?

Hope you won't mind me saying I can't think of a worse analogy. What you describe is commonly known as the Nuremberg excuse. Quite infamous.

Anyway, on topic.
Canada, the so-called Switzerland of North America. That's harsh and unfair. Switzerland has great milk chocolate.:lol:

Last edited:
Well thats the first time i've had to visit Urban Dictionary in a while... brony eh... don't know whether to thank you or not...

probably not ;)
Surprising... the bronies I've met are pretty adamant on telling everyone about their love of the series as often as possible.

Hope you won't mind me saying I can't think of a worse analogy. What you describe is commonly known as the Nuremberg excuse. Quite infamous.

Well not everyone has the stamina to stand up for what they believe or even voice concern in the face of danger. But I couldn't judge that. I have never been in such a situation. But of course there is a difference between going along and making a career out of it. (Not referring to Chris here.)

I don't think you should condemn bronies. They are open about what they love. Why not let them? :) Of course sometimes some peoples interests can be a bit "anstrengend". (Hm, sometimes it is hard to find the right word, that carries the same emotion I want to.)

Last edited:
Didn't really know who Chris Priestly was until recently, and as regrettable as his behavior may have been at the Bioware forums it is clear that is Bioware's modus operandi. If a person works for a fascist government, oppressing and ridiculing people, can you fully blame the individual? Or is he just following orders regardless of his personal preferences?

Thought the same, it was quite shocking tbh.

Here's hoping Chris is a little less contemptuous in his dealings with this community than he was his last. Welcome.

Well, this community is about to swell a lot, and I bet that quite a few of newcomers won't be fit for an intelligent discussion. So we might need someone like Chris to deal with a possible flood of dickheads. We might get lucky, and this forum might remain as it is now, but, somehow, with all my experience with lots of other game forums, I won't put my hand on fire for it.

Well, this community is about to swell a lot, and I bet that quite a few of newcomers won't be fit for an intelligent discussion. So we might need someone like Chris to deal with a possible flood of dickheads. We might get lucky, and this forum might remain as it is now, but, somehow, with all my experience with lots of other game forums, I won't put my hand on fire for it.

That depends quite a lot on the games. In my experience, certain forums attract certain people. Some forums remain quite good even for new games.

I think I can see were all this is going. And I think I'm not the only one here. Anyway...

Attachments

• mlfw3006_medium.jpg
    mlfw3006_medium.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 39
Shame you had to be introduced in such a way, Mr Evil Chris, but I remember you from the BSN doing a stellar (and of course very evil) job at community management so I'm sure you'll be a great addition to the CDPR team. Having said that, this thread seems to have become about bronies (?) rather than welcoming you so I'll just leave this here on the off chance you haven't yet fled while you still could. I suppose after so many years of BSN you've seen all the craziness an internet forum has to offer so you're probably braver than me.
Anyway. Welcome!

On the Twitter, tweet, abomination website: I don't think it was sexist but rather bad judgement when you are famous or are known on the internet you have to walk a tightrope, not only because of fans but also your job/career.

On the BSN posts: The first example is a bit harsh. Coming off on that to a loyal yet economical consumer was a bit brash. But I don't know how bad things can get over there. The second example was just him following through with is job(the on disc dlc), I mean we all got to eat right?

A lot of people say things, I know I do, on here that that would result in instant perma bans elsewhere. The mods and The Momot are very cool people who give frequent warnings, deleted posts, and timed bans many times before a permanent banishing.

I will pick neither a side and see how it goes.

Welcome to the forums, Chris.

To be honest, community managers have to be devil's advocate for the companies they work for, regardless of how much shit they do.

The community managers on the witcher boards are outright terrible. Little to no engagement on the forums with people besides posting news and competitions. So I'm glad that Chris was hired.

Say what you will about Bioware, and anyone who knows me on this boards is well aware of how badly I view them as a company, one thing that they did which CDPR has rarely done is engage on the forums with their community.

Last edited:
But that's the devs doing that at Bioware, not so much the community managers. Marcin's online duties may be little more than news and announcements. At least we have the team posting here occasionally, whereas in the original forum that rarely happened. I can recall Gop chiming in a few times and that was it. Look at the Bethesda boards - they don't post at all.

Last edited:
That's false. Community managers and mods working for Bioware did in fact post quite a bit.

As did devs yes. As for Bethesda, fuck em.

I don't think manpower has been the problem. They simply haven't been allowed to give anything new. Maybe things are going to change now that the release date is getting closer.

At BioWare there were rules that sharing information, websites, etc that discussed or promoted piracy were not to be discussed on the BioWare forums or BSN. It had nothing to do with my personal beliefs about DLC, pay or not, piracy, etc. There were site rules, people did not follow the site rules and after being warned, if they did not follow the rules, they were banned.

That still doesn´t explain why enabling that prothean guy should even be considered as piracy. But I don´t want to start a discussion here just wanted to point it out.

Anyway, welcome to the forums!

Top Bottom