Christmas Art Contest 2010

+
fchopin said:
Congratulations to the winners, i wish there was a better quality image we can see without having to log in to websites.I am still trying to understand the meaning of the first price image but need a better quality.
OMG no please >.

Hmm I have had a deviantART account for a while now, I just lost the email that went with it, creating a new one was quite simple. Yeah, not waiting on help response over an account I'd had forever & rarely if ever, used from a lack of artistic inspiration for some time now... Maybe I should get back on some projects, it might cheer me up a bit, I still have some freehand combinations with a few great programs lingering around.I have to say the work on your original MorganMerrimar was quite impressive & I definitely caught the joke as a fan of the books myself, excellent talent for what certainly was freehand drawn. Really did make me chuckle a bit, we all need more smiles in life anyway, it's way too short & stressful taking things seriously too often.Must admit, all were nicely done (especially Soukyan's xmas still image screenshot enhancement work).I may have missed it somewhere Morgan but how long did that take you to draw overall?

MorganMerrimar said:
MorganMerrimar said:
Congratulations to the winners, i wish there was a better quality image we can see without having to log in to websites.I am still trying to understand the meaning of the first price image but need a better quality.
OMG no please >.

Thanks fchopin and Tracido :)I must apologize. I assumed everyone here had a DA account, when I'm the first who hasn't used her account for ages! (I'm used to draw subjects and content not allowed by DA and I've never thought to up my "passable" artowrks there, until now.)Anyway, now the artwork should be clear for everyone, deviantart or not. :)Details are clearest, but imperfections too. I'm not happy at all of Triss and Shani. 2 mummies would look more expressive! BUT, I promised my self I'll make a better drawing of them, as soon as I have some free time. Only Triss and Shani, together. ;)(and please, don't keep only for you any nice suggestion)As for the completion time, it's about 12-13 days. I would need more time to get a better work! I drew it, than I colored it (mainly with watercolor pencils) and I scanned it in 6 different parts (the original one is very big). Then I put together all pieces with photoshop (damn work!!!) and I added the scroll and the Geralt's sentence. Initially, the Geralt's sword was the steel one, but then, before the coloring, I thought: "Damn! It's wrong!! He would never defeat a drowner with a steel sword!! Oh my... I have to draw it, again! >.

Morgan you did a good job and took much efforts to create this work. I'm really impressed of all the details you hide in the picture... that's why I even didn't notice that Geralt fights a drowner with a steel sword :-DWe have two other artworks which were closed to the winners. One is from url=http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=280162]azaron[/URL] who invented a new kind of Christmas tree with papercraft trimmings. This was one of my favourits.The other one is from Mariokas12345 who created a special Christmas temptation.

PetraSilie said:
Morgan you did a good job and took much efforts to create this work. I'm really impressed of all the details you hide in the picture... that's why I even didn't notice that Geralt fights a drowner with a steel sword :-D
The steel sword was a distraction, but replace it was quite easy. The silver one is quite clear everywhere. The most "annoying" part was "renovating" the Echinopse's skeletons. Those few texture in TW weren't very detailed.And the Zoltan's armor, btw. With those...indefinite spots! I simply... reproduced them.
We have two other artworks which were closed to the winners. One is from url=http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=280162]azaron[/URL] who invented a new kind of Christmas tree with papercraft trimmings. This was one of my favourits.The other one is from Mariokas12345 who created a special Christmas temptation.
So all entries were 4. The Christmas chick is very nice, btw XDAnd that tree... LOL!!!!!!!!!!! XDDD Great idea!!!
PetraSilie said:
Just a small note: Today I sent the prizes to the winners ;-)
I'll write up here, when I get the prize :) Thank you, Petra

I really want to congratulate all the winners.Since I joined CDP team and started posting here you guys amaze me with your creativity. I know I'm a little late with my grats but as they say "better late then never" right?:)Also, I want to congratulate Petra Siilie for creating this event:)

Der deutsche Postdienst ist... wunderbar!!!Mh… I mean, I got the prize in less than 2 weeks! (right today) The german postal service is great!Thank you Petra for sharing your official TW stuff with the winners. The t-shirt is truly amazing!I cannot wear it, it’s a male size and it’s sooo large, but I love it very much! I’ll keep it as a little treasure in my collection of TW stuff. It’s… awesome! And it recalls me this nice, funny and quite unusual Christmas experience. @ MM360: you aren't late. Thank you, and... even if I'm quite new too here... welcome :)Thanks Petra for bringing light into this lovely community with such great initiatives! Thanks Cory and Szypek :)Thank you all, Witcher’s fans!

pssst.... don't shout too loud "Der deutsche Postdienst ist. wunderbar!" It's not always like that. But if you want to thank the postal service for quick delivery you should thank the Italian as well, part of the journey the care of Italy.Anyway, I'm glad to see you like your well deserved prize.I hope the 2nd prize reaches the destination in Lithuania as well.

Good news. By Soukyan's own words:yes! I did and I love it! Strange how after so many years there's still things I haven't seen (or know) about witcher XD (I will need a bigger shelve to keep the witchery-things in)

Top Bottom