Chronicles Reveal Schedule!

+

On October 4th, GWENT will receive a new card drop named "Chronicles", bringing 4 new cards to each faction.

Our GWENT Partners created special reveals to be published every day 2:00-3:30 pm CEST, which we will gather right here!

🔵Monday: NR

2:00 pm: Erdem - Video

2:30 pm: sBsLeonidas - Video

3:00 pm: Fuchsia Briefs - Video

3:30 pm: Renan Alboy - Video

⚫️Tuesday: NG

LIVE: Eydok - Video

2:00 pm KG - Video

2:30 pm MCM5392 - Article

3:00 pm Xdxkai - Video

🟢Wednesday: ST

2:00 pm: Qupor - Video

2:30 pm: BearWoke - Article Link 1 - Link 2

3:00 pm: LORD2022 - Video

3:30 pm: Kungfoorabbit - Video

🟠Thursday: SY

2:00 pm: Qupor - Video

2:30 pm: BearWoke - Article Link 1 - Link 2

3:00 pm: LORD2022 - Video

3:30 pm: Kungfoorabbit - Video

🟣Friday: SK

2:00 pm: INAF - Video

2:30 pm: Axii96 - Video

3:00 pm: CheddarPaul - Video

3:30 pm: Qcento - Video

🔴OPEN weekend: MO

Last edited:
Hum let me guess for NG one of them will be
Deploy, make ur opponent pass his round ?
it a bronze card with 4 provision ?

Interesting.
The left image is definitely the Beauclair palace of the Duchy of Toussaint, I am unsure what exactly this will mean in terms of support ... maybe the Knight Errants of Toussaint, given that we already have Milton and Palmerin.
The right image is very likely to be Tir ná Lia, so Wild Hunt might get enough stuff to become an actual contender (hopefully this will also mean that Winter Queen will finally get the much needed buff that the devotion ability gets changed to allow her to come out from the graveyard as well).

On the NR reveals:
Bohold: Unsure if this will be good enough, however if uncontested this will be similar to Henselt (although strictly worse). Actually this card looks very good with Reaver (Hunters/Scouts), given that one will likely have 1+ Orders from them + the Order on Bohold himself, so he will be 6+ with 1 Armor + another Reaver and puts 2 threats on the board at the same time. In all-in Reaver Hunter decks this card is likely to be very good.

Kennet and Gar: I am not sure if the removal is worth that much effort (assuming it has to be on the board to count upwards), however with the Reaver Hunters this might be worth playing.

Reaver Hunters: This card looks very nice, having a floor of 4 for 5 and being a 2-point per turn engine that enables all of the other cards.

Reaver Scout: Definitely nice to have, this card + Reaver Hunters looks potentially very threatening.

it is definitely nice to finally have the Reaver Hunters and Scouts back. So next on the list should be Dagon (although there is not enough space in 4 cards and Tir ná Lia (?) would suggest Wild Hunt anyways.

Edit: Maybe this expansion will be the one where Mobilization will get a massive buff or rework (I will be honest, I completely forgot that ability even still existed).

Last edited:
Kennet and Gar: I am not sure if the removal is worth that much effort (assuming it has to be on the board to count upwards), however with the Reaver Hunters this might be worth playing.
I think it doesn't need to be on the board, it probably works like Gord.

I think it doesn't need to be on the board, it probably works like Gord.
Shinmiri states that he assumes the opposite and Gord specifically states "during this game", while other such cards specifically state that they work outside of the board.
So I would assume Kennet and Gar will be underwhelming.

I feel NR might get some reworks in order to support Spawn archetype. That's why these new cards look under power but when it combines with new rework leader and/or its combo then it can be a huge point slam turn.

These new NG cards look very interesting and hopefully come with significant buffs/reworks on Rainfarn, Milton and Palmerin, given how those fit thematically and the last time they saw serious play was multiple years ago.
A Cahir rework would also a good thing, given how he will be far less matchup dependent and practically is the definition of an "Answer or Lose" card.

Last edited:
How could it be that supportive or positive comments are less than criticizing or sarcastic ones!
Well you should be new here, but if you dig you Will see a lot of topics (And also posts) givving feedbacks, giving tips to devs.

And guess what? Nothing of that they read.

So players are just tired patch after patch with only pointslam and non sense things.

NR

Glad to see some NR soldier support. The whole archetype focuses on spawn.

Overall evaluation: 7,5 out of 10

Reaver Scout:

He is a 2 for 4 with one armour. If he survives the round is deploy can be very powerful. The main target might be typical NR engines like Tridam infantry, Temerian drummer and Redanian archer. Also I see potentials with Blue Strips Commando and Cintrian Royal guards. Another strong target can be the other new printed card Reavers Hunters. One has to keep in mind that you always need a target so you can suffer if drawing badly.

His spawning synergizing with the two new gold cards.

Evaluation: 6,5 out of 10. He has huge potential but can be very easily removed.

Reavers Hunter:

Again a 2 for 5 with 2 armour. It has huge engine potential (like old Alba Pikeman with spawning potential) as it deals 2 damage each round at least if bonded is met. A drawback is that it targets the highest power unit. NR does not benefit from dominance and there is low removal potentiality.

Evaluation: 6 out of 10. Huge engine potential but not quite sure how competitive he will be

Kennet and Gar

From my perspective the strongest card drop for NR. The limit will probably be increased also when you spawn a soldier and the card is in deck or hand. Heavily reminds me on Bjorn Stormursson. He can be a strong removal tool and round 3 finisher in a soldier spawning focused deck (leader of choice: Mobilization

Evaluation: 9 out of 10

Boholt

Honestly I consider him to be overpriced. His order is even worse (only spawn not spawn and play) than Reaver Scout. His passive ability can generate huge value combined with the two new bronzes and cards like Kerack Frigate. So you can trigger +2 multiple times each round. But this huge payoff appears to be very theoretically for me. There is a huge risk that he does not have enough soldier spawners to spawn him out of removal

Evaluation: 4 out of 10

NR

Reaver Scout:

He is a 2 for 4 with one armour. If he survives the round is deploy can be very powerful. The main target might be typical NR engines like Tridam infantry, Temerian drummer and Redanian archer. Also I see potentials with Blue Strips Commando and Cintrian Royal guards. Another strong target can be the other new printed card Reavers Hunters. One has to keep in mind that you always need a target so you can suffer if drawing badly.

Evaluation: 6,5 out of 10. He has huge potential but can be very easily removed.

Reavers Hunter:

Again a 2 for 5 with 2 armour. It has huge engine potential (like old Alba Pikeman with spawning potential) as it deals 2 damage each round at least if bonded is met. A drawback is that it targets the highest power unit. NR does not benefit from dominance and there is low removal potentiality.

Evaluation: 6 out of 10. Huge engine potential but not quite sure how competitive he will be

Kennet and Gar

From my perspective the strongest card drop for NR. The limit will probably be increased also when you spawn a soldier and the card is in deck or hand. Heavily reminds me on Bjorn Stormursson. He can be a strong removal tool and round 3 finisher in a soldier spawning focused deck (leader of choice: Mobilization

Boholt

Honestly I consider him to be overpriced. His order is even worse (only spawn not spawn and play) than Reaver Scout. His passive ability can generate huge value combined with the two new bronzes and cards like Kerack Frigate. So you can trigger +2 multiple times each round. But this huge payoff appears to be very theoretically for me. There is a huge risk that he does not have enough soldier spawners to spawn him out of removal

NR

Reaver Scout:

Reavers Hunter:

Kennet and Gar

Boholt

NG

This patch seems to focus on NG knights and benefit from boosting opponent units. Obviously, there are huge synergies with cards like Ivar Evil Eye and Cahir. Also expect some reworks of already existing NG knights.

Grace, however, was something I considered to be NR only. Let´s wait how it synergizes with NG

Overall evaluation 6 out of 10

Knight challenger

He is a 5 for 4 with limited vitality boost potential. If his grace is met he can be a huge Cahyr support. Additionally, he also synergizes greatly in NG swarm strategies

Evaluation: 7 out of 10.

Buhurt

A 6 for 4. His opponent boost can prepare cards like Ivar and Bauclair. His own unit boost can be grace enabler

Evaluation: 6 out of 10.

Guillame de Launfal

Honestly, he appears to be a very situational cards. He is a 6 for 8. His deploy can prepare cards like Ivar and Beauclair (and of course Cahir support). But his grace can only have value if you can steal positive statuses like Resilience or defender

Evaluation: 4 out 10

Beauclair

Again a very expensive legendary.
The deploy can only make sense if you have low powered own units and high powered targets. For its order you need a heavily boosted opponent unit. Nice idea, but way too expensive.

Evaluation: 5 out of 10

Last edited:
[...]

Kennet and Gar

[...]
The devs already confirmed that this is not the case. Kennet and Gar only increases the limit while it is on the board.

Thanks for the information. My source was the video. Then I would say he is just a 5 out of 10.
You are welcome.

Overall I would agree with the direction of your estimations of the 4 new NR cards, with the exception of Boholt.
In my opinion you severely underestimate this card.

In Reaver Hunter focused decks you will always have 1 or more of their spawn orders available during the turn he gets played and the fact that he only spawns, rather than spawns and plays, makes little difference for Reaver Hunters and Scouts.
So Boholt will boost for the 1 Order already available + his own Order, meaning he will start at 6 power with 1 Armor and given that he places 2 threats on the board at the same time I would say he can be quite threatening.

Also I am not sure that the Reaver Hunter deck will be all that bad, given that Mushy Truffle, Garrion, Adalia, Boholt, Amphibious Assault, Shani, Idarran, Reinforcements and Reaver Scouts can help field them.
Furthermore they have access to Ildiko, King Belohun and Idarran as additional significant threats, which demand an immediate response or which otherwise make answering the Reaver Hunters significantly more difficult.
If one uses Inspired Zeal for them one can also use Raffard's Vengence, which can put multiple threats on the board in one turn and benefits from their Soldier tags.
Inspired Zeal will also likely be the prefered leader ability, given that 1-2 leader charges on Reaver Hunters makes 1 copy (each Round) go through and immediately enables all subsequent Bonded abilities.

Edit: Also before I forget to mention it at all. I really like the direction of these artworks. As an example the fog in the artwork of Boholt makes the entire scene look amazing.

Last edited:
As I read it, boost all units means friendly and enemy — outside a swarm archetype, this power is not great — especially when ST, NR, and MO are likely to have swarm elements as well.
Post automatically merged:

So far, this card drop looks very restrained — something we really need for the game. We will see if this pattern persists as ST and SK are revealed.

Top Bottom