Chronicles Reveal Schedule!

+
1664366824797.png

1664366872194.png

You are welcome.

Overall I would agree with the direction of your estimations of the 4 new NR cards, with the exception of Boholt.
In my opinion you severely underestimate this card.

In Reaver Hunter focused decks you will always have 1 or more of their spawn orders available during the turn he gets played and the fact that he only spawns, rather than spawns and plays, makes little difference for Reaver Hunters and Scouts.
So Boholt will boost for the 1 Order already available + his own Order, meaning he will start at 6 power with 1 Armor and given that he places 2 threats on the board at the same time I would say he can be quite threatening.

Also I am not sure that the Reaver Hunter deck will be all that bad, given that Mushy Truffle, Garrion, Adalia, Boholt, Amphibious Assault, Shani, Idarran, Reinforcements and Reaver Scouts can help field them.
Furthermore they have access to Ildiko, King Belohun and Idarran as additional significant threats, which demand an immediate response or which otherwise make answering the Reaver Hunters significantly more difficult.
If one uses Inspired Zeal for them one can also use Raffard's Vengence, which can put multiple threats on the board in one turn and benefits from their Soldier tags.
Inspired Zeal will also likely be the prefered leader ability, given that 1-2 leader charges on Reaver Hunters makes 1 copy (each Round) go through and immediately enables all subsequent Bonded abilities.

Edit: Also before I forget to mention it at all. I really like the direction of these artworks. As an example the fog in the artwork of Boholt makes the entire scene look amazing.
Of course Boholt can go very tall if you have a lot of soldier spawner, but he can also be very little if you have not. I just see many situations where he fails
  1. short round 3
  2. Bad draws (no soldier spawners allied)
  3. Playing against a control heavy deck

So I am asking myself whether he is worth 12 provisions. There can be situations where he is just a 3 for 12 (non allied soldiers and played on Range). He somehow reminds on Yaga (can be huge if lucky).

The Mating Season looks like a lot of points potentially, but convoluted and spamming 1-point garbage on the board which is already potentially crowded with treants? Possibly decent for a short aggressive round 2 push?

Naiad Pondkeeper seems like a GREAT card, though.

Nauad pondkeeper its a garbage Card.

Its always 6 for 5 and/or a 5 for 5 with symbiosis.

Frog season with prism pendant its huge

Nauad pondkeeper its a garbage Card.

Its always 6 for 5 and/or a 5 for 5 with symbiosis.

Frog season with prism pendant its huge
I don't think "great" and "garbage" mean the same things to me as they do to you.

"Plop a card down, win the f*cking round" card is not a "great" card to me. Instead, THAT's "garbage."

But a flexible, strategic card that can be either used as an engine or as an emergency removal in a deck that has very little removal is great, even if it's "always 6 for 5"

I don't think "great" and "garbage" mean the same things to me as they do to you.

"Plop a card down, win the f*cking round" card is not a "great" card to me. Instead, THAT's "garbage."

But a flexible, strategic card that can be either used as an engine or as an emergency removal in a deck that has very little removal is great, even if it's "always 6 for 5"
Ok, i didnt quote you because i was not "correcting you" or something like that.

I just put my opinion about the card, as you put your opinion.

Buut, answering you, for me a 6 for 5, considering the other factions bronze cards (special NG and SK) its bad, even if has a potential remove thing.

In other hand, its me or the frog its smoking a cigarette?

he has the eyes of a boss and he is smoking a cigarette, for me its my favorite card already

on deploy, without any card on board its always 8 for 13 with Nature Gift leader.

has big potencial giving vitalitty to treants to be even more powerfull. Considering the vitallity and the symbiosis tag she is almost a symbiosis 2

Also, infusing nature on naiads its a big carryover.

I really like the card, the downside its you need/want to play it on round 1

Of course Boholt can go very tall if you have a lot of soldier spawner, but he can also be very little if you have not. I just see many situations where he fails
  1. short round 3
  2. Bad draws (no soldier spawners allied)
  3. Playing against a control heavy deck

So I am asking myself whether he is worth 12 provisions. There can be situations where he is just a 3 for 12 (non allied soldiers and played on Range). He somehow reminds on Yaga (can be huge if lucky).
I was specifically talking about Reaver Hunters focused decks, which will run > 50% ways to access or clone that card.

1. In that case the entire deck falls flat, not just Boholt.

2. That is statistically speaking almost impossible.

3. That is the literal worst matchup anyways. If you cannot get any Reaver Hunters to stick you lose the round almost no matter how many points Boholt generates.

As I read it, boost all units means friendly and enemy — outside a swarm archetype, this power is not great — especially when ST, NR, and MO are likely to have swarm elements as well.
Post automatically merged:

So far, this card drop looks very restrained — something we really need for the game. We will see if this pattern persists as ST and SK are revealed.
Maybe, we will see
The thing is NG is really hard to beat right now
No chance to beat cultists if senario reached chapter 1
Nauzicaa Sergeant
Spotter and Imperial Practitioner should be 6 provisions
NG isn't supposed to have all those super boost cards bc it was focused on controls with locks and poison
If u add this to NG then add bronze locks cards to the others factions too

SC

Until now, the patch appears to use existing mechanics to buff underperforming archetypes (NR soldiers, NG knight/opponent buffing). From my perspective symbiosis was already kind of competitive. Nevertheless, CDPR tries to buff it.

Currently I see 4 different symbiosis strategies:

• Symbiosis + cards benefitting from full rows (e.g. Gezras and Great Oak)
  • Symbiosis + Spellatel cards (Simlas, Sorceress, Seer, Bountiful Harvest and to a lesser extent Whisperer)
  • Symbiosis + new naiad cards
  • Hybrid stategies
The success of an Symbiosis + Naiad strategy probably depends on whether you can play Aucwen in round 1 (and in best cases get some value out of her passive ability). Hybrid strategies might be limited with the new naiad cards as playing Aucwen and the four 5 provision naiad cards already costs 33 provisions.

Evaluation: 6,5 out of 10

Naiad pondkeeper:

Honestly, I also see limited usecases for that´s cards deploy ability. Using its Melee is a 6 for 5 with removal potential. You must be lucky to have tall enough treants when you need to remove a powerful opponent card. It´s ranged is just a worse Duen Canell Guardian or Hamadryad.

Most, of the value comes from the Naiad tag allowing this card to be infused with nature and making this card to be an additional symbiosis benefitter.

Evaluation: 6,5 out of 10. Can fit into all in symbiosis strategies

Naiad fledgling

Comparing to the existing symbiosis cards this card appears to be interesting. It can be translated into symbiosis 2. Why? She gives vitality (2) to the left unit when symbiosis is triggered. This vitality can have additional benefits for Hamadryad and Freixenet. One time in the game she can translate not used vitality into own boost. This can make her vulnerable to tall removal

Of course additional value comes from the naiad tag.

Evaluation: 9 out of 10 being both a vitality giver and a vitality benefitter she can be a strong tool in all-in symbiosis decks

Frog Mating Season

On paper this is just a 12 (2 x 4 vitality and 2 frogs) for 9 nature card. I am not quite sure what vitality triggering means. Is all of the vitality translated into boost or is just vitality triggered twice. The frogs can have devasting effects on cards like Freixenet and Hamadryad. Furthermore, there is a huge risk of overflooding your board (Something Symbiosis is already struggling with).

Depending on the definition of vitality triggering this card synergizing nicely with Prism Pendant

Evaluation: 5 out of 10.

Aucwen

You probably want to play her in round to get 4 additional nature cards via her deploy. Her passive ability´s value is difficult to judge. Maybe combined with the frogs on the right of the board she can boost the treants fastly but getting huge value out of her passive appears to be challenging (as it was for the NG and NR legendary). Also she has with a body of 5 huge removal risk.

Evaluation: 7 out of 10

Last edited:
Overall, they seem fair and controlled cards, especially because you know what you are getting.
And, if one of them is overtuned, it's gonna be pretty easy to fix.

I'm still hoping for a golden nekker/renfri rework. They are Gwent's nightmare.

These new ST cards are certainly interesting.
Aucwenn definitely has to be one of the more interesting Gold cards in the game and the best Legendary revealed thus far.
It makes one wonder if we will get more Nayads down the line, given how much of a buff even a single additional (playable) Nayad is for Aucwenn.

Frog Mating Season

On paper this is just a 12 (2 x 4 vitality and 2 frogs) for 9 nature card. I am not quite sure what vitality triggering means. Is all of the vitality translated into boost or is just vitality triggered twice. The frogs can have devasting effects on cards like Freixenet and Hamadryad. Furthermore, there is a huge risk of overflooding your board (Something Symbiosis is already struggling with).

Depending on the definition of vitality triggering this card synergizing nicely with Prism Pendant

Evaluation: 5 out of 10.
Triggering vitality means you make it tick one extra time per turn, imo, so basically what you have here is 4 frogs triggering 8 vitality in 1 turn, aka 12 "on deploy" and then double proccing any future vitalities on adjacent units. So, 12 on deploy, and although no extra points generated, the frogs will be speeding vitality up into boost, which is nice. Overcrowding is a real issue, though, so, again, this is a short round card, probably.

I believe that other than these new card drops, CDPR will also rework some old cards too. I can't wait to see developer's patch video.

Top Bottom