Chronicles Reveal Schedule!

+
1664454808580.png

Post automatically merged:

1664456606876.png

Post automatically merged:

1664458347118.png

Last edited:
Is it a 6 or 11? I'd say that's a big difference. Overall, though, and in comparison to what we've seen so far, these SY cards seem a bit busted.

SY

Focusing on the “SY harmony” is an awesome idea. The new cards appear to be very boosted and by far the strongest compared to NG, NR and SC.

Overall evaluation: 10 out of 10. Would heavily argue that especially Pulling the Strings will be nerfed soon.

Sigi Reuven: Mastermind

Really appreciate collusion support. A card I almost never see play.
The player will get collusion and one unique card from each gang to play. You should not forget that there is no need to play collusion (you can also play two other gang cards).
In order to analyze this card one has to analyze collusion:

• Blindeye: With effects probably row effects are meant. This synergizes so badly with SY that I hope that this will be reworked
  • Crownsplitter: + 4 boost
  • Cutups: + 4 damage
  • Firesworn: +4 body of zealots
  • Zealots: +4 coins
So in best cases Collusion can be a 16 for 10 which is kind of expensive taking into account its huge set up need (in deck and on board)

The Gang card can be manipulated to a certain extent by only having one card (you want to play) from a specific gang. This opens the door to crazy combos (e.g. Tunnel Drill + Crime cards)

You basically get a tutor which can thin your deck by 2 cards.

This card synergizes nicely with the other Sigi Card as both cards benefit from a deck consisting of many different gang members and also cards like King of Beggars (helping to afford the expensive tribute).

Evaluation: 9 out of 10 (If being lucky and/or played well he can even tutor two gold cards). Would be a 10 out of 10 if collusion also gets buffed.

Little bird

Her deploy can be a nice setup for Sigi Reuven Mastermind and collusion. Her Fee can be extremely strong transforming 2 coins to potentially huge boosts (at max 6 boosts for 2 coins). Only cooldown and removal of her or allied gang members can stop her. Combined with Bloody Good Friends she can translate boosts into damage and she can be useful to trigger scenarios.

Evaluation 9 out of 10. Can be extremely powerful if not stopped.

Pulling the Strings

That sounds very OP. From my perspective the limit of unique gang members is 6 (I know it because I already played 10 coins Sigi in Jackpot). In theory you can seize so a 6 body units for just 5 provisions without locking it. That´s a much cheaper Vigo´s Muzzle on steroids requiring set up. Do not forget that it’s a bronze card. So you can even play it twice and reshuffle twice with Alissa Henson.

Evaluation 10 out 10. Screams already for a nerf

Bart

11 for 8 is already strong. Compare him with Cupo (11 for 7 but 3 random self damage and no positive effect).
The above has to be corrected due to misleading screenshots. He is just a 6 for 8 with a strong passive.

His positive effect can be a powerful coin generating machine especially combined with Jackpot

One should keep in mind that he does not have any gang category which might be a bit counterintuitive when you play him.

Evaluation: 6,5 out of 10.

Last edited:
Well devs definetly need to change some warriors, because you dont have so many damage from it.

And i know, i know, People will quote me and say i am crazy, but look for warriors now and tell me if they have pings to do soft damage and get value for bloodthirst and ulula or they have damage to kill unitss.

For now i can see NR balistas with a better sinergy with those New SK cards than warriors

SK

Thematically, the whole patch plays within Clan Brokvar (Maybe poor Uldaryk also receives some buff this patch)

The overall idea of the new SK archetype appears to be supporting the warrior/bloodthirst archetype. Especially, the warriors are currently dominating in SK. So I am asking myself why the new cards are made for the already strongest archetype.
Probably, the developers think that currently Blaze of Glory plus Raid should be replaced by a more classical (comparable to SK after Master Mirror) warrior approach.

I am happy that at least the legendary and to a lesser extent the new raid card offers some beast support

Overall evaluation: 8,5 out of 10

Ulula

She can be the Holger Blackhand (a stable card in pirate decks) for warrior. She offers a lower guaranteed value (order instead of deploy for 2 damage) but much more upward potential as there are many multiple damage spenders within SK warriors (Hemdall(!!!), Herkja, An Craite Marauder).

On the 8 provision slot she is competing with Skjordal (auto include in Veteran focused decks) and Madman Lugos (considerable option in bloodthirst focused decks)

Evaluation: 8 out of 10 with low ceiling (6 for 8) but huge engine potential

Feral Bond

The one and only raid card which can not be used to target any opponent units (excluding protected by defender and immune ones).

If I got it right the following must hold:

• Combined with Highland warrior there is no Skellige Wolves on the other side (as the increased damage kills it immediately) but there is immediately a Skellige Wolves on the other side
  • After bloodthirst 3 only the instead holds. So there is no Skellige Wolves on the other side (and no potential to have +2 body on your side).
  • As the Skellige Wolves are immune you can only target them by random damage
If bloodthirst is not met, one can easily argue that one of the 3 cards offers huge value and you probably get +2 by random damage. And you have the potential to overflood the opponent board

If bloodthirst is met, you can play 6 provision warriors for 4 provisions. Until, now this is only An Craite Greatswords

Evaluation: 10 out of 10. Autoinclude in warrior focused decks. Should probably priced at 5 provisions.

Brokvar Warrior

The Falibor (7 body for 11 provisions) of SK (2 body for 4 provisions). The condition is that you must target damaged units (or do they have to be damaged before and (?) after Brokvar warrior´s damage). From my perspective this appears to be easier to achieve than Falibor´s deathblow.

In best cases it´s a 8 for 4, but SK benefits much more from the damage than NR does. Maybe the comparison also shows that poor Falibor deserves a huge buff.

Evaluation: 10 out of 10 (Completely OP shows the comparison to Falibor)

Sove

An 11 for 11 with huge upward potential and immunity. There is a risk that she stays a 11 for 11. D

Most interesting target might be the following:

Raging Bear (5 provisions for potentially 16 Sove boost)

The other ones either offer lower provision value and/or have strong abilities which you do not want to give up.

If you are lucky she can be a 27 for 11 This is especially powerful in a short round 3

If you are unlucky the following happens

• No suitable beast in deck(11 for 11)
  • Outnumbered in a long round
  • Run into tall punishers targeting immune units like Igni
Evaluation: 7 out of 10. Huge potential but also high bricking risk.

Last edited:
I really do not see Ulula ever making the cut in SK Warriors.
There are so many better Golds for Warriors and a couple good ones already have to be cut.
I see no reason why Ulula would ever be a serious consideration and since she only works with Warriors she might be the least playable card of the expansion (not in terms of strength, but the fact that one should really never run her).

Sove and Feral Bond look insane.
Brokvar Warrior might be worth it with War of Clans (although the 4p Warrior spots are stacked with good Warriors and Raids, so Brokvar Warrior might still see little play).
Nvm Brokvar Warrior is really good, I assumed the target needed to already be damaged.

Last edited:
I really do not see Ulula ever making the cut in SK Warriors.
There are so many better Golds for Warriors and a couple good ones already have to be cut.
I see no reason why Ulula would ever be a serious consideration and since she only works with Warriors she might be the least playable card of the expansion (not in terms of strength, but the fact that one should really never run her).

Imagine you play Ulala not stopped and have an allied Herkya (+ 1 damage from Ulala) . You can get additional value in the turn you play Ulala by cards like Drummond Berserker An Craite Raiders, Brolvar Hunter (+1 damage) and Uldaryk (+3 damage value).
You later play cards like Hemdall (multiple damage value) and An Craite Marauder (+3 damage value)

I really think that she can be a huge engine card which should not be underestimated.

Downsides of her are the following:
  • Her Passive ability can kill bloodthirst
  • If drawn badly the value of her passive ability is limited
  • If countered she is just a 6 for 8 and warrior decks usually do have strong deployers and no purify. So she might be a suitable target for removal and lock.

rrc

Forum veteran
Sove being 11 for 11 with Immunity. He doesn't even need the Order ability. 11 for 11 with Immunity itself is soooo damn good. ST has to pay 9P to get 8 body immunity. But this is nothing new. So, he can be 11 for for 11 unconditional and can go to 27 for 11 with immunity with a Bear being killed. Well done!

I wish Sesanthesis at the very least become a 9 for 9 or 8 for 8, but I have little to no hope for that to happen.

Sove being 11 for 11 with Immunity. He doesn't even need the Order ability. 11 for 11 with Immunity itself is soooo damn good. ST has to pay 9P to get 8 body immunity. But this is nothing new. So, he can be 11 for for 11 unconditional and can go to 27 for 11 with immunity with a Bear being killed. Well done!

I wish Sesanthesis at the very least become a 9 for 9 or 8 for 8, but I have little to no hope for that to happen.
How is he a "27 for 11" ?
If you give your opponent a Raging Bear and have to sink 8 damage into it to kill it he is a 19 for 12.
Even if you have Bloodthirst 8+ (for some reason), then he is still a 27 for 12 and not 11.

That being said I think he is overtuned by a couple of points and probably will eventually get nerfed by 2 points or provisions (or a combination).
And Sigdrifa's Rite on Sove also sounds dangerous.

Edit: Also the reason Saesenthesis is so expensive is because the card is really old (i.e. a relict of the past) and the result of degenerate no-unit decks.
If anything the reason Saesenthesis is as bad as she is is exclusively because of no-unit degeneracy.

How is he a "27 for 11" ?
If you give your opponent a Raging Bear and have to sink 8 damage into it to kill it he is a 19 for 12.
Even if you have Bloodthirst 8+ (for some reason), then he is still a 27 for 12 and not 11.

That being said I think he is overtuned by a couple of points and probably will eventually get nerfed by 2 points or provisions (or a combination).
And Sigdrifa's Rite on Sove also sounds dangerous.

Edit: Also the reason Saesenthesis is so expensive is because the card is really old (i.e. a relict of the past) and the result of degenerate no-unit decks.
If anything the reason Saesenthesis is as bad as she is is exclusively because of no-unit degeneracy.
Explain the 12 again? He's clearly 11/11 in the screenshot. Is the extra provision achieved by some arcane math of adding 1 for the summoned card?

EDIT, also with Patricide all you really need is 1 damaged enemy and Ulula on the board for the bear to instantly clear.

Explain the 12 again? He's clearly 11/11 in the screenshot. Is the extra provision achieved by some arcane math of adding 1 for the summoned card?

EDIT, also with Patricide all you really need is 1 damaged enemy and Ulula on the board for the bear to instantly clear.
You have to run a 5p card that is purely a brick.
That is 1 provision more than the bare minimum on a card that you plan on never playing itself (similar to how Eist + Jutta or Rience + Rico cost more than the provision of the unit you plan on playing). Sinking an upgrade provision into a card you never want to play is the same as spending the provision on the card that demands this to be the case.

Fair point on the Ulala + Patricidal Fury part, however running Patricidal Fury over Blaze of Glory means no Eist, which in itself is a hefty price to pay.

Thats why they create ulula, now it make sense

You have to run a 5p card that is purely a brick.
That is 1 provision more than the bare minimum on a card that you plan on never playing itself (similar to how Eist + Jutta or Rience + Rico cost more than the provision of the unit you plan on playing). Sinking an upgrade provision into a card you never want to play is the same as spending the provision on the card that demands this to be the case.

Fair point on the Ulala + Patricidal Fury part, however running Patricidal Fury over Blaze of Glory means no Eist, which in itself is a hefty price to pay.

Yeah, pretty much what I figured. I don't really subscribe to that way of calculating value, but that's also fair enough. Either way, in the scheme of things, the difference between 27 for 12 and 27 for 11 is minor. And the "but you can't cheese Eist-Jutta if you do this" is also not a "hefty price to pay." It should be perfectly reasonable to run a bloodthirst leader in a bloodthirst deck. If running Blaze is mandatory, I would say that's a problem.

Yeah, pretty much what I figured. I don't really subscribe to that way of calculating value, but that's also fair enough. Either way, in the scheme of things, the difference between 27 for 12 and 27 for 11 is minor. And the "but you can't cheese Eist-Jutta if you do this" is also not a "hefty price to pay." It should be perfectly reasonable to run a bloodthirst leader in a bloodthirst deck. If running Blaze is mandatory, I would say that's a problem.
True, but I am talking about a Warrior deck, not a Bloodthirst deck and running Patricidal Fury would almost be exclusively for Sove and nothing else in the deck.
If anything there is an overlap between Bloodthirst strategies and Warriors and I would say that going for the Bloodthirst route has too few payoffs (outside of Sove, which is admittedly better with that leader ability).

Come to think of it this reminds me of the fact that the literal Harmony leader is so bad that its own archetype would rather play a generic control leader than it, which is really a sign that the Harmony leader should see a significant buff or rework.

True, but I am talking about a Warrior deck, not a Bloodthirst deck and running Patricidal Fury would almost be exclusively for Sove and nothing else in the deck.
If anything there is an overlap between Bloodthirst strategies and Warriors and I would say that going for the Bloodthirst route has too few payoffs (outside of Sove, which is admittedly better with that leader ability).

Come to think of it this reminds me of the fact that the literal Harmony leader is so bad that its own archetype would rather play a generic control leader than it, which is really a sign that the Harmony leader should see a significant buff or rework.
But right now you run Blaze literally for Eist-Jutta and nothing else in the deck. There is no special synergy between Blaze and warriors. And in fact, you can actually play Eist with Patricide, which is probably how he was designed to be played, because the devs as usual did not foresee the cheese.

Top Bottom