Chronicles Reveal Schedule!

+
I really do not see Ulula ever making the cut in SK Warriors.
There are so many better Golds for Warriors and a couple good ones already have to be cut.
I see no reason why Ulula would ever be a serious consideration and since she only works with Warriors she might be the least playable card of the expansion (not in terms of strength, but the fact that one should really never run her).

Sove and Feral Bond look insane.
Brokvar Warrior might be worth it with War of Clans (although the 4p Warrior spots are stacked with good Warriors and Raids, so Brokvar Warrior might still see little play).
Nvm Brokvar Warrior is really good, I assumed the target needed to already be damaged.
ulula dose actually have good synergy with some cards such as Herkja and harald and some of the bronze cards.
this is my warrior deck. replace birna with ulula and an craite warriors with brokvar hunters.

Attachments

• Ivor.png
    Ivor.png
    652.5 KB · Views: 72
ulula dose actually have good synergy with some cards such as Herkja and harald and some of the bronze cards.
this is my warrior deck. replace birna with ulula and an craite warriors with brokvar hunters.
Why do you play Birna without the rest of the Discard package (Skirmishers, Coral, Morkvarg) and without the payoff Compass ?

So playing an unprotected Eist that can end up playing as a 6 for 12 is supposed to be a play one should actually consider ?
At that point cutting Sove entirely would already be the better decision.
u could run a defender too but anyway sove is a little bit weird to play with
Post automatically merged:

Why do you play Birna without the rest of the Discard package (Skirmishers, Coral, Morkvarg) and without the payoff Compass ?
i was playing around with birna trying to get the most value out of eist with his secend counter summoning a 8 point tuirseach invader on r3 which it actually worked well so far. most of people don't consider eist a threat anymore after using blaze so most of the times he survives

1664734099470.png

1664734256308.png

1664734321379.png

1664734461869.png

1664734573114.png

1664734662543.png

Collusion: Provision 10 -> 9

1664734889543.png

1664734943344.png

1664734977640.png

1664735054381.png

1664735107974.png

1664735228144.png

1664735336903.png

1664735434076.png

1664735577091.png

Last edited:
I see monsters got shafted again :O(
It might be too early to say but it does for sure look like Wild Hunt, the coolest MO archetype by far will FINALLY become viable, so not sure why you would think that. I will say the card art is quite disappointing though as none of these are clad in the iconic badass armor sets, new Caranthir especially is a joke when you compare him to old Caranthir.

This looks like a great update. The two most binary cards in Gwent history (Cahir and Sahil) both fixed in the same patch! And no new cards except for possibly Sove that obviously break the game. I am looking forward to this one,

Ok, Sahil is nerfed to oblivion — the payoff is too small even if there were no risk — but an unplayable card is better than one that auto wins against any matchup against a non-boost deck.

I see monsters got shafted again :O(
They just hate this faction and release cards that don't have any synergy with the existing cards.
For Example Tir Na Lia and King Auberon.... while other factions get cards that make sense with each other, they just release these weird senseless experiments. Boost just doesn't work on this game because with 4 provision cards you can just reset the power to an enemy unit...

rrc

Forum veteran
They just hate this faction and release cards that don't have any synergy with the existing cards.
For Example Tir Na Lia and King Auberon.... while other factions get cards that make sense with each other, they just release these weird senseless experiments. Boost just doesn't work on this game because with 4 provision cards you can just reset the power to an enemy unit...
How does Call Of Nature or Eithne work well with anything other than Symbiosis?

The four provision reset is a brick in at least half of all matches. Even if it resets a 10 power card to 4 power, it is only a 6 for 4.

And if it hits a Tin Na Lia target instead of a foglet, I’m happy.

Time will tell, but I think wild hunt just got some great support — especially with Aen Elle Slave traders and synergizing cards.

New changes are great, but all this enemy-boost archetype lies on the only one Cahir card (which leaves him as before a good target for tall removal, amount of which would increase imo especially with the introduction of Sove being released for SK). If not running massive reset as a finisher, these cards have mediocre value imo

Also Why did Arthorius Vigo got a provision nerf? Poor mushroom fella :(

New changes are great, but all this enemy-boost archetype lies on the only one Cahir card (which leaves him as before a good target for tall removal, amount of which would increase imo especially with the introduction of Sove being released for SK). If not running massive reset as a finisher, these cards have mediocre value imo
There’s always Letho:kingslayer — although the row lock makes playing around Yrden impossible. Alchemist might help distribute value. There’s also the option of floating the Usurper order — risky, but good payoff. And there’s Ivar. I don’t think the new archetype has a sufficiently balanced approach to point generation to become meta, but it’s far from hopeless.

Also Why did Arthorius Vigo got a provision nerf? Poor mushroom fella :(
Fallout from the newly introduced, OP NG bronzes — especially Slave Driver onto Seargent which not only pulls powerful cards, but procs Vigo 3 times.

So the Wild Hunt had to be humiliated again :)
Dominance didn't get reworked even though it's been something that the community has been asking for years.
Imlerith and Caranthir's abilities didn't get reworked to fit the WH archtype even though it's been requested for years.
Instead, we get 4 cards with Aen Elle artwork and mediocre effects. Except Caranthir: Golden Child. I have to admit, that one seems viable.
Last time when you guys released the Aen Elle Conqueror you got feedback from the community saying that they prefer the armored ghostly WH over the Aen Elle artwork.
There have been a few users pointing that out to you but i didn't see a single post saying they prefer Aen Elle over the other ones. And what did you guys do this patch? Release more Aen Elle WH units and not a single one of the ones that the community told you they want. At this point this has to be just a move to antagonize the fans of the WH.

I love gwent. I have spent over 500$ on this free to play game on cosmetics that i rarely even use just to support the game and my only requests on this forums over the years have been to make the WH a tier 0 deck with the WH artwork and the devs spat in my face.
I know you guys read the forums and you saw those requests. Yet you pulled this stuff, again, to piss off the fans.

You guys are bleeding off players left and right. Each moth you see another 1 or 2 or 3 players on the forums saying they quit the game for any number of reasons. If you check the steam charts, you can barely hold 1k-1.3k players consistently and out of those, a very small minority actually pay money to support your game. In other words, your game is dying. And now your strategy is to antagonize your paying customers?

I will say this publicly on this forum for the devs to see it. If the next time there's an WH update the artwork will again be Aen Elle over the WH that the fans are requesting and the abilities will be mediocre at best like in this patch, at that point it will be obvious (For me at least) that it's been done simply to go against what the fans want because the devs got the "We know better" mentality, i will take that as a personal insult, and i will stop spending a single cent on this game.
I know that losing just 1 customer won't be a problem for a company like CDPR but i encourage all WH fans that spent money on this game so far to do the same. It's not ok to support a company that intentionally tries to piss of it's fanbase.

As a massive WH fan myself (my favourite archetype, hands down) I do agree with you on the terms of the artwork side, as previously stated. However, when it comes to the actual abilities, at least what I can see right now, it's going to be really good, not half-arsed like the previous times.

You mentioned new Caranthir yourself, but I think the most powerful card here will be the slave traders. At the end of the day WH wants to be a control deck, but it is often laughed at by greedier decks because it's devotion and can't answer a lot of things outside of the one wrath (which previously depended on Imlerith sticking to be an actual good card until recent change). These slaver traders, especially when boosted can outright delete tall units or big threats on your opponent's board, this is something that is usually only done by high provision golds, at the same time it's not some dumb cheese as your opponent does have a chance to answer it. Personally I love this card, my only real question to the devs is why the hell isn't it a big guy in a skull helmet cracking a whip menacingly?

How powerful WH will actually be remains to be seen tomorrow, it's hard to predict exactly how it will be without taking the new meta surrounding it into consideration, but I am optimistic, and hoping not to be proven wrong.

Nothing I've seen will do anything to stop NG soldier dominance. Locks and pointslam will destroy every card I've seen so far. No new powerful veil cards, so lock-control decks win.

Dominance didn't get reworked even though it's been something that the community has been asking for years.
I don't recall requests for dominance to be reworked since white frost was changed to damage tall units -- and I see no need for such a re-work. Players who complain about going tall need to realize that stereotypical monsters are big, powerful, and brutish. If you don't want to go tall, don't expect to play this type of monster. As it is, dominance is a unique mechanism with interesting strategy to maintain.
Imlerith and Caranthir's abilities didn't get reworked to fit the WH archtype even though it's been requested for years.
Imlerith does fit the WH archetype as it helps achieve dominance. Caranthir does not need to be re-worked, rather a wild hunt unit worth copying by Caranthir needs to be created. The big problem is the most of the strong wild hunt units (e.g. Auberon, Eredin, Imlerith) have important deploy abilities. Allowing some cards to work effectively across archetypes increases the variety of possible decks which I believe is good for the game -- provided they also work well with their intended archetype.
Instead, we get 4 cards with ... mediocre effects. Except Caranthir: Golden Child. I have to admit, that one seems viable.
I think MO got cards better than most factions. And I am happy that this release did not add a bunch more OP, dominating cards. I think you underestimate both Slave Trader and Tir Na Lia. I think both are better (certainly more consistent) than Golden Child. I don't think any faction got a card that renders previous cards obsolete. These cards are certainly playable. Time will tell if they are sufficient to make wild hunt high tier. Like you, I doubt they are, but I could easily misjudge.
Last time when you guys released the Aen Elle Conqueror you got feedback from the community saying that they prefer the armored ghostly WH over the Aen Elle artwork.
There have been a few users pointing that out to you but i didn't see a single post saying they prefer Aen Elle over the other ones. And what did you guys do this patch? Release more Aen Elle WH units and not a single one of the ones that the community told you they want. At this point this has to be just a move to antagonize the fans of the WH.
I have not previously seen this discussed on the forums. I, for one, much prefer the Aen Elle art style to ominous, non-human appearing armor (like with the original Caranthir). I find both more to take in with more human-like characters and the Aen Elle art style to be truer to the novels on which the game is based. Making assumptions about what "the community" wants based on a few posts from vocal Reddit users is dangerous. Here, I only speak for myself -- art has subjective elements and I could only speak toward what "the community" prefers if I have and objective, scientific poll of that community.
I love gwent. I have spent over 500$ on this free to play game on cosmetics that i rarely even use just to support the game and my only requests on this forums over the years have been to make the WH a tier 0 deck with the WH artwork and the devs spat in my face.
This may be semantics, but the definition of a tier 0 deck I have always heard is a deck that dominates all other decks. With that definition, I hope to never see a tier 0 deck for any archetype. It is the epitome of unbalanced. If you are hoping for a balanced
but top tier white frost deck (tier 1), I respect and second that.

Regarding the artwork, since the wild hunt is dominated and led by Aen Elle elves, to me, Aen Elle artwork IS wildhunt artwork.

Finally, I would encourage you not to take developer actions personally. It is fine to dislike decisions they make; it is fine to point out where they appear not to respect the wishes of the community. Do not assume that they are intentionally offending you.

Top Bottom