Ciri and card advantage

+
Ciri and card advantage

I'm curious about stratagems to deal with Ciri, specifically vs monsters (since she procs before monster innate,) and the card advantage gained through her.

So far winning a round against her has more often put me at equal footing or sometimes even at a disadvantage to the loser. Not as bad as skipping out vs NR early, but by round 3 she can easily decide victory or defeat.

Generally if I draw Ciri, i'm looking to play aggressive Round 1, and win. Then drop her on round 2 (When the opponent NEEDS to win)

Against her, it's debatable, she automatically puts you in a bad position. Most of the time you don't want to lose a round, but you don't particually want to win and have your opponent keep a 8 strength gold

If you can make it work mathematically, my favorite thing to do when a person plays Ciri and then passes in round one with a few point advantage on you is to play for a draw in round 1. If you tie, you get credit for the round (but so do they) and they don't keep Ciri. You have to win round two, but it's IMO the best strategy.

Top Bottom