Ciri and Create

+
Ciri and Create

Ciri:Nova
This is the dumbest, laziest card design i have ever seen! Calling this card over powerd would be serious understatement! She will be either unplayable or completly broken! Only counter play is scourge! It’s just huge 100% reliable gold with basicly no downsides!
Suggestion:
Complete rework! Cards like this shoudn’t exist!
Ciri:Nova – 8 power – Spawn „Uncontrolable magic“ boon/hazard on a row.
Uncontrolable magic – Hazard – Units on this row can’t be buffed, strenthened or healed.
-Boon - Units on this row can’t be damaged or locked.

Create
When i first saw this i thought: „It’s fine. It won’t be viable in constructed and it might be fun in draft.“ But after playing this patch for few days i realized: „This is the worst thing they've ever done!“
RNG based mechanics are always unfair to someone! I was the lucky one and i was on the receiving end as well. After 1 week of playing with create and against it, i’m sooooo sick of this mechanic, it’s Hearthstone bull shit all over again! For me Gwent was always THE game with no RNG and this mechanic single-handedly killed this game for me.
Suggestion:
No RNG!
Create -in deck builder -select 3 cards (NO DUPLICATES! You can’t select cards from your initial deck)
-in game -spawn one of the preselected cards.
It doesn’t give you chances it gives you options. If i wanted some random nonsense i would play Hearthstone – HS haves more content and better balance!
Some RNG cards suggestins:
Usurper -only NG leaders
-no boost

Porticulus, Hym, Slave Driver -These are ok. Maybe just don’t give me duplicates (Slave Driver – 2 copies of the same card = only 2 cards to pick from)

Avalach: Sage -Why spawn random? Why not create?

Skjall, Pavko Gale, First Light -Let me pick 1 out of 2 random omg, like Emissary.

I don’t know if someone from CDPR will actually read this and i don’t even care anymore. Just wanted to share my opinion on the latest patch. I wanted to like this game and i really tried to acept all those dumb changes they made, but i’ve had enough! Next patch is the last chance i’m willing to give this game.

Ciri : Nova is completely fine. Keep in mind that you have to build your deck around her. You can only add two copies of a bronze card and you will have to have 26 cards in your deck. She is also easily counterable with scorch and Igni, which are very common cards right now.

On *Create*, I think it's a fun thing and a good thing. It's not like everything is RNG now, most of those new *create* cards won't be competitive anyways. It's for an upcoming mode they said, which is probably draft. If you are a competitive player you can just stick to the reliable cards, but it doesn't mean that they can't also add RNG based cards for people who enjoy that sort of thing.

Just my opinion, let me know what you think.

aoba69641;n10120512 said:
Ciri:Nova This is the dumbest, laziest card design i have ever seen! Calling this card over powerd would be serious understatement! She will be either unplayable or completly broken! Only counter play is scourge! It’s just huge 100% reliable gold with basicly no downsides!

Take any Ciri Deck you can make and I ll bet you an Oren that I can win against you without playing her too:). And I ll do so without Scorch or Igni if you wish.

But let's put fun and salt aside and examine the card a bit first shall we?
A card that forces you to run everything in duplicates by definition has a downside. It makes your deck both less powerful and less consistent and that it a big downside.
Furthermore the card itself is 25 points and alone crosses the Gigni line making a Card advantage a must.
That being said yes it is a really strong card. OP? I don't think so.

p.s. they really should fix the reconnaissance bug in regards to Ciri.

The only thing that sucks about Create is that is can spawn a silver spy. Otherwise it's a fun mechanic. Remember, you don't have to use those cards.

Skjall and Pavko have random effects because they are silver cards. If I remember correctly, Hym plays a Cursed unit from your deck. Use him instead. The reason First Light has a random effect is because it clears Hazards as well. Use Reconnaissance instead, it pulls two bronzes and lets you play one. Why would anyone play Usurper if he only created NG leaders lol? Come on.

nemirni;n10124512 said:
A card that forces you to run everything in duplicates by definition has a downside. It makes your deck both less powerful and less consistent and that it a big downside.
Furthermore the card itself is 25 points and alone crosses the Gigni line making a Card advantage a must.

You're missing my point.
1.) Ciri: Nova makes Gigni or Scourge must have in every single deck just by existing and beeing playable. That is NOT OK!
2.) 2 duplicate restriction is nothing, you can easily build legit competitive deck with 2 duplicates even without Ciri. That makes her 25 gold with no downsides and almost no counter-play. She would be ok if there was NO deck that could run 2 duplicates of every bronze and get away with it. Problem isn't her deck building condition, but the fact that it is her only downside, which in some cases becomes irrelevant, because you can just replace those 3rd copies with something equally powerful without impacting synergy between cards.

TheNotoriousThree;n10124392 said:
On *Create*, I think it's a fun thing and a good thing.

Create is fun, i can't argue with that, but i belive it's not a good thing. I want to beat my opponent in battle of skill, not in shitstorm of luck. If create always spawned only some mediocre cards, that aren't amazing or useless, it would be great addition into the game. What i have problem with are those unlikely scenarios, when create can win or loose the match.

Example:
I played Emhyr spotter deck (Nilfgardian knight - Mandrake - Emhyr - Bonhart - spotter+ointment+wyvern shield), my opponent played some Scoia'Tael deck. I had revealed 18 power knight in hand. He played Uma's curse into Isengrim: Outlaw into Portticulis into Vreemde into Venendal Elite!!!!

Chain of 4 RNG cards and he got the most powerful card he could! I know that Uma is not a competitive card, but as long as cards like this exist in the game and players are ok with it, CDPR will keep adding more RNG cards and mechanics - because it's "fun", people "like" it and most importantly it's easy to "balance", this is just easy way out for them, it lets them release tons of new cards while keeping the game seemingli "balanced".
I'm just afraid that if they get away with this patch, Gwent will become second Hearthstone. RNG nonsense is the one and only reason why i stopped playing HS and main reason why i liked Gwent since closed beta.

i am not missing your point. I am just not agreeing with it.
1)as i said in my post, i run a deck with no igni or scorch and don't have much trouble with it. So no gigni and such are not a must.

2) if you really think that two copies of each card is not a downside then i really haven't got a reply for you. At least not one that might not sound patronizing.

aoba69641 said:
Create is fun, i can't argue with that, but i belive it's not a good thing. I want to beat my opponent in battle of skill, not in shitstorm of luck.

I think you somewhat missunderstood what I meant with "good thing". What I meant was that the fact that it exists in the game is ok, because people that want to climb won't be using those cards anyway, because they are not reliable. RNG won't get you to the top of the ladder, skill and a reliable deck will. You won't ever have to use RNG cards only, because those cards are for a specific mode and for specific kinds of players.

I completely understand your concerns about CDPR being lazy and only adding "create" cards in the future, but I'm certain that won't be the case. They will always add reliable cards for competitive players/modes I think the only reason they added so many RNG cards this patch is because of the upcoming mode.

i played Gwent from the first day and it was the best card game on the market for me, since it involved more than any other to think. I changed my decks with all updates and card changes that were made and always found a good solution. But now everything is broken. In 2 of three matches the last card my enemy uses is Ciri: Nova. If you intended to make decks more variable with her you completly failed. Everyone is playing the same broken card. And you cant counter it if its the last on after you passed. People use even one gold card less to have the one that searches her. Thats also the only reason why i lose suddenly 2 of 3 matches. It became so frustrating, that i uninstalled the game. I dont want to play this card, i like to have my Dancing Elves.
Maybe one day i will come back, but not before this card is nerfed.

Top Bottom