Ciri and the Elves and Geralds "friends" [Spoilers]

+
I don't really know how Ciri's power is supposed to stop it, though. Sapkowski is rather vague, deliberately I suppose, regarding the White Frost and Ithlinne's prophecy.
The thing with the White Frost, the Wild Hunt ect. hasn't resolved in the books as well. It was supposed to be open, unclear. Which is probably the reason why the games exist in the way they do (trying to continue the story), since the books ends somewhat prematurely. SO I think there is no explicit answer, only interpretions.

The thing with the White Frost, the Wild Hunt ect. hasn't resolved in the books as well. It was supposed to be open, unclear. Which is probably the reason why the games exist in the way they do (trying to continue the story), since the books ends somewhat prematurely. SO I think there is no explicit answer, only interpretions.

Exactly.

I think they are capable of holding the White Frost back for a time, but not infinitely, that is why they need Ciri.And as Avallac'h says in the book spoiler above, they want to use Ciri or Ciri's child to open a portal so they can leave their doomed world. And that is also what Eredin seems to want to do in TW3, although he would likely bring chaos to those worlds. But, Avallac'h seems to want to stop it altogether in TW3. I don't really know how Ciri's power is supposed to stop it, though. Sapkowski is rather vague, deliberately I suppose, regarding the White Frost and Ithlinne's prophecy. Either, people believe it will happen or that it is just "elven hogwash".
Well I guess in the game the white frost definitely isn't "As a result of the changes to the angle of the sun, the earth will shift the boundaries of eternal ice far to the south." It looks like just a thing that radiating frost and it can spread between worlds. Ciri can't change angle of the sun but can close connections that allow the white frost to spread. I guess in the end we see her in a homeland of the white frost and she trying to destroy it/ cut the connections

Top Bottom