Ciri as the 'Next Geralt': Yay or Nay?

+
Agreed. But even in terms of normal gameplay she is already way overpowered. She butchers through the Wild Hunt warriors in seconds during the final boss encounter with Eredin. Geralt is nothing against that.

Dunno, Geralt beat a Rock (!) Troll in a fist fight, so there's that.

Nay for me. It's not that I don't like Ciri, but a Witcher game without Geralt as the protagonist is sacrilege in my opinion.

I'd personally rather have no new Witcher game at all than to replace Geralt with someone else, Ciri included.

Nay. Don't mind the likes of Tomb Raider, but don't like the idea of running around a +100 hour rpg with some dainty female protagonist.

"Some dainty female protagonist."

I'm sure she'd kick your ass, bro. The Wild Hunt and The Crones of Crookbag Bog didn't pose a problem to her.

And my answer is yay, I would like to see Ciri as the protagonist in the fourth game.

I'm sure she'd kick your ass, bro. The Wild Hunt and The Crones of Crookbag Bog didn't pose a problem to her.

And my answer is yay, I would like to see Ciri as the protagonist in the fourth game.

You know what i mean. I'm sure if she was butch in any sort of way, this discussion wouldn't even be up for debate. Add to that, she's waaay OP. How would they balance the game - strip her of her powers? Like she wakes up one day and finds she can only swing a sword and the rest of the game is dedicated to her finding out why she lost her powers, whilst miraculously gaining said powers as she progressed through the game? People who have completed the game know where things stand with her and just how OP she is.

The only thing that would be semi interesting about having Ciri as the main protagonist would be how well the game would actually do. Merely because no major Western RPG has led with a female without there being a male option. Don't see a smallish dev house such as RED taking that risk. It would be akin to a major RPG having the main protagonist as elf, dwarf etc and nothing else.

She only kicked their ass because CDPR way overpowered her story wise this game. She went from being good with a sword (but still not exactly a match for Bonhart) with some teleportation powers to what seems like DBZ tiers of power ups. Besides, the Crones were the most disappointing fight in the game. All that build up just to ultimately fall flat, the fight isn't consistent with the lore they established around them of being out of Geralt's league (and Ciri's, to be honest. They came across as almost god like). And it's not like The Wild Hunt was even that big of a deal power wise, just being elves. Ciri beat Eredin in a sword fight when she was like 15... no powers even. If Ciri kicked Vilgefortz's ass by herself then that would be praise worthy.

In any case, her ability to make antagonists like the Crones look like complete jokes doesn't really make me want her any more than before. I prefer having antagonists that are a threat

You know what i mean. I'm sure if she was butch in any sort of way, this discussion wouldn't even be up for debate. Add to that, she's waaay OP. How would they balance the game - strip her of her powers? Like she wakes up one day and finds she can only swing a sword and the rest of the game is dedicated to her finding out why she lost her powers, whilst miraculously gaining said powers as she progressed through the game? People who have completed the game know where things stand with her and just how OP she is.

The only thing that would be semi interesting about having Ciri as the main protagonist would be how well the game would actually do. Merely because no major Western RPG has led with a female without there being a male option. Don't see a smallish dev house such as RED taking that risk. It would be akin to a major RPG having the main protagonist as elf, dwarf etc and nothing else.

I completed the game and know what you mean by Ciri being over-powered. That being said, I've raised this issue with other people on the forum, and from what I understand, Ciri's powers in the books are confined to traveling between worlds, i.e. her flashing sword, etc. is more of a game mechanic. Not sure if I am entirely correct about that, so feel free to correct me if I am wrong. In any case, I am sure CDPR could come up with something ... they found a way to magically resurrect Geralt and co. after their supposed deaths at the end of the Witcher Saga.

I wouldn't classify CDPR as a "smallish dev" anymore. That would have been accurate in 2007 when the released the first game, maybe even back with Witcher 2, but not anymore. Wild Hunt sold 4 million units in its first two weeks. Compare that with Dragon Age Inquisition's 1 million units in its first week - a game which had a considerably higher budget and a behemoth publisher behind it. Adam Kicinski (the CEO) even said as much:

“We broke into the mainstream. It is such a moment in our firm’s history that after some years people will look differently at CD Projekt before and after this release. ”

They have studios in Warsaw, Krakow, and Venice Beach, and over 200 employees ... and CDP owns GoG, so they have their own lucrative source of income and are self-publishing. I'm a dude, and I don't have a problem playing a female protagonist. We'll see. At any rate, it would be years down the line before a new Witcher game appeared, so no sense arguing about it.

She only got away by outsmarting him. That's not exactly what "beating" implies...
I forgot the specifics of it, but didn't she wound him? I remember her outsmarting him. But regardless, I'm not saying that she completely dominated him or anything. Just that when they fought... he didn't really show himself to be that impressive, though I'm sure he's not exactly a push over. In terms of fighting ability, Bonhart seemed to be above him, so he doesn't really seem to be a good benchmark. But then again, it's hard to judge considering how little we see of him in the books, and even less so in the game.

Last edited:
Because A) she's hot and B) she's an interesting character I'd like to see her in some capacity. But it would be a very different game - no potions, no signs, God like powers. Could be interesting.

Because A) she's hot and B) she's an interesting character I'd like to see her in some capacity. But it would be a very different game - no potions, no signs, God like powers. Could be interesting.

Sorcerers can do potions so we could still have those, oils, and amulets.

Even if Ciri can't do magic anymore.

They don't have Witcher potions. Something like Swallow would fry Ciri's brain.

See Blood of Elves where Triss talks about how her skin was mostly fried off before they regrew it with amulets and it would have worked BETTER if she had potions.

They may be different but they work identical.

See Blood of Elves where Triss talks about how her skin was mostly fried off before they regrew it with amulets and it would have worked BETTER if she had potions.

They may be different but they work identical.

Are you sure they work identically? Witcher potions seem to be a lot stronger and more immediate, probably owing to their resistance to the toxicity. I'm not saying that sorcerers don't have access to potions or use alchemy, just that they probably can't use the hardcore witcher potions. Or at least, they can't chug an entire vial of them, perhaps using it as more of a long-term medicine.

Last edited:
Are you sure they work identically? Witcher potions seem to be a lot stronger and more immediate, probably owing to their resistance to the toxicity. I'm not saying that sorcerers don't have access to potions or use alchemy, just that they probably can't use the hardcore witcher potions. Or at least, they can't chug an entire vial of them, perhaps using it as more of a long-term medicine.

Perhaps. It's also possible Witcher potions aren't magical while Sorcerer ones are. Tough to say.

Nay ! (under the same title)
Yay ! (if different title)

The Witcher, I see fit was about the Simulation of monster slayer for hire. Ciri basically ruin all of that. Ciri however have her own interesting story if she given her own adventure of traveling between dimension.
The Witcher 4 can tell the tales of another Witcher, we can see it on many occasion that the story of another witcher's school or the past legendary witcher from kaer Morhen. There's many witchers on the past and CDPR can exploit for a new witcher title series.

BUT A F*CK NO if CDPR make it an MMO-sh*t.

Just thinking out loud here. Now that Geralt's story in this universe has come to an end, eyes are on Ciri as the next potential star of the show. Regardless of the outcome of The Witcher 3's conclusion, what would you guys say to Ciri becoming the new protagonist of the series from now onwards?

Suppose after Cyperpunk CDPR releases a Witcher game that takes place after TW3 and features Ciri as the protagonist. Would that be fine with you? Why or why not?

Discuss. I know I would love that, personally. Ciri was amazing in the game.

It sounds like a possibility. CDPR did say that Geralt's story ends in TW3 though. Ciri is a little too overpowered to play with (At least after TW3 events).

Can't have it released before Cyberpunk. Zireael is the Lady of Time and Space. She could jump to the year 2077 and we'd spoil Cyberpunk events before even playing it.

After Cyberpunk 2077. I'd say maybe there is a possibility. But we won't be seeing that anytime soon.

Top Bottom