Ciri as the 'Next Geralt': Yay or Nay?

+
I wouldn't mind it, but would prefer to play another male Witcher. If it was Ciri they would have to improve her walk and run animations.

yay!

I believe if there is a Witcher 4 in the future then it will 100% be with Ciri as Protagonist.

Why? i dont think CDPR had no thought behind calling the Epilogue " Something Ends, something begins"
(i know thats the books epilogue aswell, but i still think there is reasoning behind this little detail)

Something Ends= Geralts tale
Something Begins= Ciris tale

The Epilogue was basically about the future of Ciri.
The Witcher ending is likely the Canon they choose (IMO) because its what she wants (Book Ciri would never ever consider becoming Empress and i dont think this point is invalid because game ciri changed blabla...we know very little about how ciri changed over the years, almost nothing tbh)
The Empress Ending never says she is crowned, so thats open aswell.
the "bad" ending never says she is dead, she just doesnt come back to Geralt.

The Overpowered Argument is something i cant understand. They made her overpowered because her flashbacks are just story, nothing else. you can't just start the fight again and craft oils, new armor, potions etc. playing as Ciri. The teleporting thing could be limited by some sort of combo points or sometihng else.

It's not like Geralt was not overpowered
I think this is a good way of looking at it. I agree with everything you said.

If they don't fuck her game up completely, she would easily be on top of all those lists.

Yeah because CDP's goal with Witcher 4 should be to land on some top whatever lists of pseudo feminists. ":facepalm:
I sympathize with Ciri as the next protagonist if they don't reconsider another game with Geralt, because she is a great character would be the only logical choice. But not because she has tits.

Last edited:
why not a prequel instead?
I've never really been a fan of prequels. I feel that they limit the story you can tell by too much. I don't really mind what they end up choosing as a way to move the franchise forward. But I do think they need to move forward.

Ciri has transcended normal witcher boundaries by the end of TW3. I would prefer a witcher from another school, in another part of the world. Zerrikania sounds like fun.

Last edited:
Ciri's definitely my preference if they were to do a sequel.
If there was a pre-quel from the early days of the universe when Witchers were first created, that might be interesting to play as a different witcher. Don't see much point in playing a different witcher in a sequel compared to all that Ciri has to offer.

I would prefer a game about Ciri's travels, which includes her saving Geralt from the WH and delivering him to Kaer Morhen area. This would close a gap in the story about what happened to her after the end of the books, and beginning of TW1, when WH started to pursue her. She won't be so OP, and the devs won't have to choose which ending of TW3 is canonical. We all know by now it is better this way.

She won't be so OP, and the devs won't have to choose which ending of TW3 is canonical. We all know by now it is better this way.
I'm very doubtful that CDPR will even bother with save imports for whatever comes after the Geralt trilogy. Way too many factors and variables to account for. It's possible they could have all three Ciri endings converge into one, but then you've got stuff like Emhyr alive or dead, Djikstra, Radovid, etc. Honestly we should all prepare ourselves for the idea that CDPR will just pick a canon ending. Imports have never been meaningful anyway, I don't see the point in bothering with them further.

I'm very doubtful that CDPR will even bother with save imports for whatever comes after the Geralt trilogy. Way too many factors and variables to account for. It's possible they could have all three Ciri endings converge into one, but then you've got stuff like Emhyr alive or dead, Djikstra, Radovid, etc. Honestly we should all prepare ourselves for the idea that CDPR will just pick a canon ending. Imports have never been meaningful anyway, I don't see the point in bothering with them further.

I would like them to make an effort to reflect a handful of key decisions, alongside converging various elements such as Ciri's endings and the ruler of Nilfgaard etc.

Wouldn't surprise me if they ended up picking their own canon ending eventually. Wouldn't be the first time a developer has canonized a certain version of their story.

I would like them to make an effort to reflect a handful of key decisions, alongside converging various elements such as Ciri's endings and the ruler of Nilfgaard etc.
I'm thinking MAYBE who Geralt ended up with, Triss, Yen, or Lone Wolf. If Ciri is getting a game next then I expect them to canonize an ending which would also mean canonizing who rules what. If Ciri isn't getting a game, maybe we'll get some imports, depending in where the next game is set.

No Ciri as main character, if we can have recurring characters then just have Geralt come out of retirement. If not him then a blank state witcher or sorceress.

Yay!!!! It would be fun to have Ciri as the next character of The Witcher game not only she is the Child of the Elder Blood but also she is so charming and it will give her a chance to have her romance in her own game :)

I would definitely give my positive vote for Ciri as a main character where we could also see Geralt, Yen, Iorveth and the rest of our beloved witcher characters doing their own things :D

If they make it cannon that Nilfgaard wins ima cry.
So did you get Djikstra or Radovid winning? I chose Djikstra, even though I felt depressed about leaving Broche and co to die. I feel like he's the best ruler for the North and he'll be more fair with mages than Emhyr will.

Top Bottom