Ciri Fan Art Thread

+
Dude, yes!! You should start it! Your current WIP with Ciri and Geralt deserves to be first! :D

Sigh. I just came home to discover my last version of the file which had most of the work on it got corrupted.

I do have a save jpeg of it from the other day that I may have to salvage. Can't say I'm very happy right now, but at least not all is lost..

Sigh. I just came home to discover my last version of the file which had most of the work on it got corrupted.

I do have a save jpeg of it from the other day that I may have to salvage. Can't say I'm very happy right now, but at least not all is lost..

Oh wow! D: I'm so sorry! Please don't get too discouraged! We must see moar!!
But seriously, that sucks.... I hope if you do have to salvage it's not too difficult...

@shinobi2u Did that file have all the layers and such? If so, ouch. Even if you have that jpeg to work with, that still sounds like a lot to recover from. Good luck!

@Lyfia At this point, the only thing that kind of bothers me are those seemingly too pointy elbows, but for all I know, that's a stylistic decision on your part. Everything else looks good, so far :thumbup:.

Oh wow! D: I'm so sorry! Please don't get too discouraged! We must see moar!!
But seriously, that sucks.... I hope if you do have to salvage it's not too difficult...

@shinobi2u Did that file have all the layers and such? If so, ouch. Even if you have that jpeg to work with, that still sounds like a lot to recover from. Good luck!

Thank you both. Difficult...not too much, but it will still be a loss of a few hours work. I will continue on, just probably need to take a break from it tonight to recharge. But yes, it did have all my layers (probably around 30 or so). The jpeg at least is full resolution, so I just add on to it from there. I may or may not break it apart into some layers again. The main thing that sucks besides losing some progress (mainly in the legs) is that I'll have to redo the all the hair that went into the black background. Again, not hard, just......annoying.

C'est la vie.

EDIT: Nope, I lied. It was scaled down. FML. Sigh, at least it's still big enough to work with.

Last edited:
May I post my Ciri of The Lake here?

The japanese version? i always wondered how their book cover would be. Not surprised that they would give a big Moe picture of Ciri. Atleast Geralt isnt too animeish.

P.S. I wonder if it has more illustrations akin to other japanese light novels.

Last edited:
Yep, I knew it would happen, I flipped the image. *FACEPALM*

View attachment 5998

She started out like ^this^ I've been flipping the image to try to spot what looks so off about the picture. Now my siggy is backwards. : D
Thank you both, though.

Sorry but face still looks weird for me. its looked like that of a guy and although this latest sketch looks more feminine, it still needs work.

Gonna go ahead and do another Ciri update. This will be the last one before it gets finished and I was going to wait (then I'm going to put her with Geralt and add a background for the two of them to make a wallpaper for you all before I continue with more characters), but I am going to be out of town for a few days for a business trip, so I don't think I'm going to get any more time to work on it when I get home today. Need to still do some work on the legs/hips and lighting.

View attachment 6058

Attachments

• ciri_update2 copy.jpg
    ciri_update2 copy.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I was wondering what makes this Ciri different than almost everything else. I think it's her complexion. A little bit more exotic than expected.

I really love this version great job Shinobi.

:hatsoff:

Yeah, that happened without meaning to actually. It was more of trying to match lighting against the other characters and that just ended up being the end result. Sometimes I'll sit there and look at it and try to figure out if I like it that way or not. Might do a second version at some point, it just got harder when the old file got corrupted and the skin layer just blended into the rest of it, so I can't control it independently.

Not about to go into a serious desicussion of this, but that's a completely different (and proper) stance.

Anyway, very detailed fan art.
I know, wrong picture. If you remember, he laid his sword on shoulder while running in strong style.
@shinobi2u As I said earlier, I love your vision of Ciri more than CDPR's. Good work and I hope you wouldn't get any more troubles before finishing this masterpiece. ;)

To be fair, arms are not really all that necessary anymore. Not when you have magic. Then you can have phantom arms! *gasp!* =O SPOOKY
Wouldn't you need arms to cast the ghost arms spell though? I mean, sure, you could do it with your feet but that's hard mode.

Top Bottom