Ciri Fan Art Thread

+
We had this cover of "Pani Jeziora". It's quite alright, I think.

And here is the others.

Last edited:
Of course we would get some weird trans slash pregnancy version:wat:

The game cannot come soon enough

Well it's a vintage art style, common in the 80s\early 90s mostly, american graphic novels. Not quite easy to understand nowadays, especially after anime\manga invaded the world of media and art. That's my opinion of course. Those books where published somewhen like what? 15 years ago?

Dis almost neu even if not one of my faves. It's a fairy version of Ciri that doesn't fit to the character imo :/ Anyway, judge it by yourself :p

Author=LadyAnaila http://ladyanaila.deviantart.com/art/Lion-Cub-of-Cintra-430832411

Yeah but 15 yeas ago was already 1999. anime was already starting to make splash. hell, sapowsky himself has said that he has read some manga and can even see some japanese influence in the novels. especially the most recent one that had a monster that was based on japanese folklore.

that said, i dont hate that artwork. ive seen much worse in other low fantasy novels.

Well it's a vintage art style, common in the 80s\early 90s mostly, american graphic novels.

Oh man, I miss that art style. I used to spend entire days reading The Savage Sword of Conan comics as a kid. The art was much better than manga/anime, in my opinion.

Yeah but 15 yeas ago was already 1999. anime was already starting to make splash.
I just said that the old polish cover art style resembles to me american graphic novels art style of the 80s. Guy N'wah nicely pointed that the art style started even before the 80s, the "bodice ripper" trend. It just means that the publisher chose to ignore the new trend and wanted that art style in the cover. Maybe because western considers japanese manga art style to be childish or lolitic. Actually, western publishers still resist to introduce a manga\anime cover in the book market. See the last 3D art covers.

hell, sapowsky himself has said that he has read some manga and can even see some japanese influence in the novels[.
I doubt that he meant that he took inspiration from something like NGE, Battle Angel Alita, Ghost in the Shell, Hokuto No Ken and Sailor Moon. Or City Hunter. I think he meant he took inspiration from japanese folklore and literature. However I don't see any of them in the novels.

If he started to insert some japanese monster in the new book, well good for him. But actually, he took many things from worldwide folklore: celtic, ancient latin, norwish... it doesn't surprise me that he decided to go east this time. Eventually, it would be boring to make Geralt fight another drowner, zeugl, manticora, leshy and so on.

Top Bottom