Ciri in Blood and Wine for those who romanced Triss/Yen

+
Ciri in Blood and Wine for those who romanced Triss/Yen

Can we please have Ciri also show at the end of Blood and Wine for those that successfully romanced Triss or Yennefer?

I don't see why these players should miss out. Why people who failed the romances get rewarded with a scene other players (who also had Ciri survive) will never see. There is no reason why, just because you romanced Triss or Yen, Ciri wouldn't visit Geralt. It seems totally arbitrary.

If you successfully romanced and Triss or Yennefer, and successfully kept Ciri alive, you should be rewarded with both. Not one, and have the other denied.

Well, when you left alone as witcher without romancing anyone. It doesn't mean that you did it intentionally (triss+yen+geralt scene ;) ). Ofcourse you can replay or just load early save to change your choices but if you dicided to stay as solo wolf it doesn't mean that it is super great. So imagine if you ended alone and sad while others got their beloved with them and then bump - at the most ending of Geralt journey he meeting Ciri - most closest person to him, and both of you are loners - Geralt choosed it while Ciri currently loner in any choice - as witcher or empress on travelling. It causing really nice emotions and making even this choice in Geralt life not just some loose-end decision. So i understand why Ciri only in alone ending. Literally, you don't have bad end choice now.
And another thing regarding Ciri I really would like to be added. If you have Ciri-withcer she coming to Geralt and talk about potions like true witcher, but she don't have witcher medallion on her neck. So either CDPR forgot to add it while it imprtant part of witcher profession (there is still Crown and Vesemir's medallion), or story about Geralt and Ciri retrieving his medallion and killing last Crown will be published as some additional art like new comic where they have contract to kill striga mentioned in the Ciri-witcher ending.(In the same comic Ciri still don't have medallion) profession

Well, when you left alone as witcher without romancing anyone. It doesn't mean that you did it intentionally (triss+yen+geralt scene ;) ). Ofcourse you can replay or just load early save to change your choices but if you dicided to stay as solo wolf it doesn't mean that it is super great. So imagine if you ended alone and sad while others got their beloved with them and then bump - at the most ending of Geralt journey he meeting Ciri - most closest person to him, and both of you are loners - Geralt choosed it while Ciri currently loner in any choice - as witcher or empress on travelling. It causing really nice emotions and making even this choice in Geralt life not just some loose-end decision. So i understand why Ciri only in alone ending. Literally, you don't have bad end choice now.
And another thing regarding Ciri I really would like to be added. If you have Ciri-withcer she coming to Geralt and talk about potions like true witcher, but she don't have witcher medallion on her neck. So either CDPR forgot to add it while it imprtant part of witcher profession (there is still Crown and Vesemir's medallion), or story about Geralt and Ciri retrieving his medallion and killing last Crown will be published as some additional art like new comic where they have contract to kill striga mentioned in the Ciri-witcher ending.(In the same comic Ciri still don't have medallion) profession

I didn't say the scene shouldn't be taken away from people who didn't romance Yen or Triss. I just said there's no reason why Ciri wouldn't visit Geralt if he is with one of those two. If you romanced one of them, and kept Ciri alive, you've met the requirements for both scenes and should be rewarded with both. A player, and a Geralt, who romanced Triss or Yen wants to see Ciri just as much as one that didn't.

It should be:

Romanced Triss/Yen? Get: Triss/Yen and Ciri
Not romanced Triss/Yen? Get: Ciri only
Not romanced Triss/Yen and Ciri's dead? Get: Dandelion

I would like to get Ciri cutscene in addition to my Yen scene too, even to trade Yean for Ciri. But as I said before - game theme is "choose your path" and loner path wasn't looking too shiny before BaW. But after BaW this 3rd path is not looking that uninspiring. You romanced with Yen - here is Yen, romanced with Triss - here she is, and now even if you choose path of witcher - there is reminder concept that you are not alone, that most closest to Geralt female char that can't be romanced, Ciri - is here. It was nice surprise to those who chose this path.
There is nice part of witcher game - you could make other choices and enlighten with consequences.
So, even if I agree with you, I also understand the reason behind cdpr made such decision.

I would like to get Ciri cutscene in addition to my Yen scene too, even to trade Yean for Ciri. But as I said before - game theme is "choose your path" and loner path wasn't looking too shiny before BaW. But after BaW this 3rd path is not looking that uninspiring. You romanced with Yen - here is Yen, romanced with Triss - here she is, and now even if you choose path of witcher - there is reminder concept that you are not alone, that most closest to Geralt female char that can't be romanced, Ciri - is here. It was nice surprise to those who chose this path.
There is nice part of witcher game - you could make other choices and enlighten with consequences.
So, even if I agree with you, I also understand the reason behind cdpr made such decision.

It's not meant to be "shiny". All things aren't created equal. You can also choose to kill your friends Thaler, Roche and Ves to help Dijkstra. Should that be made as "shiny" as sticking by them? Should pushing Ciri towards a life she doesn't want in Nilfgaard be as "shiny" as the opposite, letting her live her own life? The game allows you to make your choices, bad ones included.

I understand that someone shouldn't get Emperor Ciri or Witcher Ciri if they didn't choose the appropriate choices. I get why Triss/Yen shouldn't show up if you didn't romance them. But there is no reason why Ciri would not visit a Geralt who romanced Triss/Yen. It's just an arbitrary decision. It punishes people who had Geralt fall in love for no reason, even if they may have cared more for Ciri than someone else, and it rewards another group of people who did nothing to warrant it, that the other group of players didn't also do. Both groups have Ciri alive. There is no logical reason she wouldn't visit both.

It's just an arbitrary choice on the devs part.

And I don't see why a Geralt who fell in love also getting to see his beloved daughter takes anything away from the 'loner' players, who also get to see her. Is it some selfish desire to be special? Just being spiteful to others? We also love Ciri.

Alright. So we get...

1.) no romance + Ciri Gone = Dandelion reacts to "fairytale ending"
2.) no romance + Ciri Gone = Dandelion reacts to "Anarietta is dead"
3.) no romance + Ciri Gone = Dandelion reacts to "jailtime ending"
4.) no romance + Ciri Gone = Dandelion reacts to "jailtime + Dettlaff dead ending" (?)
5.) no romance + Ciri Witcheress
6.) no romance + Ciri Empress
7.) Yen romance + Ciri Gone
8.) Yen romance + Ciri Witcheress
9.) Yen romance + Ciri Empress
10.) Triss romance + Ciri Gone
11.) Triss romance + Ciri Witcheress
12.) Triss romance + Ciri Empress

scenarios. Nice.

And of course there must be unique dialogues for all of them, lest there will be even more complaining how much CDPR hates their fans, right?

How about we have all of these scenarios react in extended dialogues about each of the major plot decisions the player has made during the course of vanilla+HoS+BaW? It's important, after all, to learn what Triss and the Empress think of the Johnny and Sarah's adventures in the swamp. Or just of Johnny's adventures.

I smell exponentially increasing production costs, somehow. Costs far beyond the "this seems reasonable"-point.

Last edited:
@killingyouguy7 Because loner ending is not "bad", don't understand how it possible to compare killing people with decision to stay alone. Many people see loneliness as something that correspond to them, but unlike other choices it stated in main campaign ending as something not-that-promising (psychological model: "what happened if.." mostly hinting on wrond decision; in game where theme is "choose any road, you won't be judged for it by others" this is not most acceptable thing). And in BaW CDPR showed that this is not something like "omg, your choice is so wrong, you failed all your life". And that maybe the reason why Ciri only in loner ending, it is better than have Dandelion (who is also Geralt's best friend btw).
Ofcourse even if you romanced, history won't change and logically you will meet Ciri with same curcumstances, but game just not showing, you must "imagine" it. To get it, game encouraging to play again and again with different choices and enlighten yourself with results: like, would you know that only Vesemir was willing to gave Ciri piggyback ride back at Kaer Morhen or her childish memories about pendulum, Kaer Morhen and how Geralt was inspired her or that it will take "work hard" to make Ciri as proper witcheress? No, if we got Ciri-witcher ending we wouldn't know those emotional things without getting/watching Ciri-empress ending. It doesn't mean that all those things did not happened in witcher ending or won't happen, but watching on smiling Ciri in tavern we imagine and accept such things subconsciously.

Alright. So we get...

1.) no romance + Ciri Gone = Dandelion reacts to "fairytale ending"
2.) no romance + Ciri Gone = Dandelion reacts to "Anarietta is dead"
3.) no romance + Ciri Gone = Dandelion reacts to "jailtime ending"
4.) no romance + Ciri Gone = Dandelion reacts to "jailtime + Dettlaff dead ending" (?)
5.) no romance + Ciri Witcheress
6.) no romance + Ciri Empress
7.) Yen romance + Ciri Gone
8.) Yen romance + Ciri Witcheress
9.) Yen romance + Ciri Empress
10.) Triss romance + Ciri Gone
11.) Triss romance + Ciri Witcheress
12.) Triss romance + Ciri Empress

scenarios. Nice.

And of course there must be unique dialogues for all of them, lest there will be even more complaining how much CDPR hates their fans, right?

How about we have all of these scenarios react in extended dialogues about each of the major plot decisions the player has made during the course of vanilla+HoS+BaW? It's important, after all, to learn what Triss and the Empress think of the Johnny and Sarah's adventures in the swamp. Or just of Johnny's adventures.

I smell exponentially increasing production costs, somehow. Costs far beyond the "this seems reasonable"-point.

If that's what you want. I never suggested such a thing.

I just suggested people who romanced Triss/Yen get to see the Ciri scene as well, which is already on the disc (and, like someone said, a mod was able to allow). There is no extra cost in allowing both scenes (already on the disc) to play. I didn't suggest variations. There is nothing in Ciri's dialogue that says Geralt is a loner or would be doesn't fit with a Geralt who is with Triss/Yen, they're perfectly compatible. All you would need to is create another line of dialogue with the majordomo saying someone is in the house. You play see one scene (say Ciri)), then head back down and he says another person is in there (say Triss/Yen), and then the other scene plays. One tiny line of dialogue allowing both scenes (already on the disc) to play, unaltered.

But, if you wish to sarcastically demand all that, or overreact and misrepresent, go ahead.

---------- Updated at 08:56 PM ----------

@killingyouguy7 Because loner ending is not "bad"... And in BaW CDPR showed that this is not something like "omg, your choice is so wrong, you failed all your life". And that maybe the reason why Ciri only in loner ending, it is better than have Dandelion (who is also Geralt's best friend btw).

I don't play the game differently to see different content. For me, Geralt has a certain personality and morals he's developed over the games, a certain character - that's Geralt. I'm not going to play against that, have him do stuff I don't think he'd do, like be a bad parent, just to see certain cutscenes. I am happy not to see the Empress stuff, or Yen stuff, or whatever. I didn't push things in those directions, so why should I see them. There is a reason for being denied that content.

But there's no reason you shouldn't get the Ciri scene if Geralt fell in love. There is no reason why Ciri wouldn't visit him. There is a reason why I don't see a sad dialogue about her becoming Empress, and there is a reason why you don't see her happy in the inn if you did push her to become Empress. But there is no reason she wouldn't visit a Geralt who is with Triss or Yen. It's just an arbitrary decision. There is nothing in the scene that says Geralt is a 'loner', it's perfectly compatible with a Geralt that is with Triss/Yen.

You sound like you want it to be special to 'loners', which seems selfish to me, and not everyone got that because they 'chose' it. Others get it because they just wanted to bang both Triss and Yen, which speaks volumes to their roleplaying. They probably don't even care about seeing Ciri. Yet there are people who do care about her, who roleplay hard, and who, just because Geralt fell in love with someone, get denied seeing Ciri as well. Them getting to see it as well denies you nothing. You still get your scene, your 'reward' for being a 'loner'. Why you don't want others who care for her, who fought for her just as hard for her, to have it as well, mystifies me.

Last edited:
Yes, I apologize. That previous posting was sarcastic.

The 12 scenarios aside, though...

Technical reasons.
- when would the cutscene with Ciri be triggered? Right after the chat with the lover is done? What if the player actually wanted to stand around a bit next to the lover and enjoy the sight, first?
- Ciri cutscene being set to both as a potential only cutscene (no romance), and thus, at an earlier stage of Be it ever so humble; and at a later stage probably causes havoc in the quest flags
- every visitor litters Corvo Bianco with their luggage, and AFAIK, that luggage pile is never cleaned up. Ciri luggage would clip into the lover's luggage. Some people would whine if Ciri luggage just replaced precious lover's luggage pile.

In short: Too much effort by far, 12 scenarios aside.

You argue that those players who get Ciri as visitor are inferior roleplayers than others, that they were "not really interested in her anyway", so they should not get "rewarded". Well... that argument can be turned around. You could also say that if someone adamantly refuses to not romance someone in one playthrough is also "not really interested in Ciri, apparently - he just wants to bang that redhead in all playthroughs. So Triss is apparently more important to that one."

And, last point. Even if all 12 scenarios were implemented, even if all 12 scenarios would react with extended dialogues to everything, even if Ciri and lover would have carefully crafted daily routines, go shopping in Beauclair regularly and accompany Geralt on adventures (what adventures, though? There's no ?-mark and no sidequest left...) - there would still be fans who'd complain that this is not enough and that CDPR did it all wrong.

No. IMHO, CDPR did cut the line at the right time, and what we've got is plenty, sufficient and lovely.

Last edited:
Yes, I apologize. That previous posting was sarcastic.

The 12 scenarios aside, though...

Technical reasons.
- when would the cutscene with Ciri be triggered? Right after the chat with the lover is done? What if the player actually wanted to stand around a bit next to the lover and enjoy the sight, first?
- Ciri cutscene being set to both as a potential only cutscene (no romance), and thus, at an earlier stage of Be it ever so humble; and at a later stage probably causes havoc in the quest flags
- every visitor litters Corvo Bianco with their luggage, and AFAIK, that luggage pile is never cleaned up. Ciri luggage would clip into the lover's luggage. Some people would whine if Ciri luggage just replaced precious lover's luggage pile.

In short: Too much effort by far, 12 scenarios aside.

Just extend the quest by adding a new marker on the majordomo after the first scene. You see the first scene, can talk to them as much as you like, even go off and do other stuff. But then, whenever you go back, the majordomo could say another person has intruded; I could imagine him saying something humorous about the sudden intrusions. And then the the other scene plays like it did before (unaltered). All you need to is add an extra quest marker sending you back to the majordomo, who has one short line, and then the scene (that's already there) plays. Are you kidding me on the "too much" work, considering the effort CDPR go to give people content like Letho, Sile, and other stuff... to add one little trigger for content that's already there is nothing. It's a tiny amount of work that would add a lot for a lot of people.

I have no idea what you mean by quest flags. I think you're being overly dramatic and contradictory. Same with the luggage, it wouldn't take much to move one set of luggage to another spot in the house.

You argue that those players who get Ciri as visitor are inferior roleplayers than others, that they were "not really interested in her anyway", so they should not get "rewarded". Well... that argument can be turned around. You could also say that if someone adamantly refuses to not romance someone in one playthrough is also "not really interested in Ciri, apparently - he just wants to bang that redhead in all playthroughs. So Triss is apparently more important to that one."

You misquote and misinterpret me again. I made the example that some people who got the 'loner' ending only got it because they wanted to bang both Triss and Yen, and those people, playing in that style, who care so little about the characters, still get rewarded with a scene that they likely don't care about. I wasn't talking about people who chose to not romance anyone.

But even those people, the one's who don't really 'care', I didn't say they shouldn't be 'rewarded'. I didn't say they shouldn't get the scene. I merely said other people should get to experience it as well. There are people who do care about Ciri who don't get it, for no reason. There is nothing in her scene that contradicts the other (romance-centric) scene. Geralt is not shown as a 'loner' in his scene with Ciri. There is nothing about him and Ciri being two 'loners'. The scene is just as compatible with Geralts who romanced Triss/Yen as it is 'loner' Geralts, and all Geralt's have the same relationship with Ciri, yet only one type of Geralt gets to see her again.

And, last point. Even if all 12 scenarios were implemented, even if all 12 scenarios would react with extended dialogues to everything, even if Ciri and lover would have carefully crafted daily routines, go shopping in Beauclair regularly and accompany Geralt on adventures (what adventures, though? There's no ?-mark and no sidequest left...) - there would still be fans who'd complain that this is not enough and that CDPR did it all wrong.

No. IMHO, CDPR did cut the line at the right time, and what we've got is plenty, sufficient and lovely.

What has this got to do with this thread? No one in here, certainly not myself, has asked for this. If you want to rant about 'what ifs' and 'fandom' concerns, start your own thread. All I suggested is making it so two cutscenes play for people who did the things to deserve them. Very light work for so much reward for a lot of people. Because there is no reason, neither in the content of the scenes nor in the personalities of the characters, that both shouldn't occur. It's just an arbitrary decision.

I get why someone who didn't romance (or failed it) doesn't get the Triss/Yen scenes. There is a reason there; they don't have the same relationships with those characters. There is no reason why someone who did romance someone doesn't get to see Ciri. Their Geralt has the exact same relationship with Ciri. There is no difference.

Last edited:
I get why someone who didn't romance (or failed it) doesn't get the Triss/Yen scenes. There is a reason there; they don't have the same relationships with those characters. There is no reason why someone who did romance someone doesn't get to see Ciri. Their Geralt has the exact same relationship with Ciri. There is no difference.

I agree. I was sad when I found that you can have Ciri in Corvo Bianco but only if you not romanced anybody like WTF? I don't understand why she cannot see Geralt at the same time as Geralt see Yennefer or Triss. I would like if they both Yennefer/Triss and Ciri can appear at our vineyard but I have little faith that they gonna change that. Many things and requested on this forum they ignore.

I agree. I was sad when I found that you can have Ciri in Corvo Bianco but only if you not romanced anybody like WTF? I don't understand why she cannot see Geralt at the same time as Geralt see Yennefer or Triss. I would like if they both Yennefer/Triss and Ciri can appear at our vineyard but I have little faith that they gonna change that. Many things and requested on this forum they ignore.

Remember that Ciri supposedly now hates Yennefer if the Empress ending is anything to go by. PLANS ARE EVIL!

Ciri didn't have much to say about Yennefer as they were going into Avalochs lab, and the look on Yennefers face when she lied to Ciri when questioned her about being involved in genetic research. But anyhoo it would be nice to see a mod with Ciri hanging out at Corvo with miscellaneous idles during the day and using the guest room. Maybe venturing into town.

Let's not have this get off track. This thread isn't about discussing, or critiquing, the content of the endings. You can do that in the appropriate forum, or via private messages.

There's a simple mod for this,worked well for me. I got Yen and Ciri there.Yen was the first cutscene,then went upstairs and found Ciri asleep on guest bed and did hers!

Top Bottom