Ciri in Cyberpunk

+
Ciri can appear in any dimension through a portal, since the non-magical scifi world she describes in TW3 (99% Night city)
She described a stereotypical sci fi world.

Why do you have to cut off people ilusions? You speak as your word were the truth. Let us dream.
Why do you keep trying to shove Ciri into Cyberpunk when she doesn't belong? And why is my dream of a pure Cyberpunk world that doesn't have Ciri in it unimportant? Why does your dream trump mine?

Besides the fact I keep giving alternatives via game boxes in a store or even game posters that could be in a room or store.

Dear all,
I'm sure all of you remember our beloved Ciri talking about "flying cars" and other wonders with Geralt by the fireside. A user smarter than me noticed, some years ago, that she could be referencing to the Cyberpunk world and era. So, the obvious hope is: why not having a Ciri cameo somehow, somewhere? I'm sure the CD Projekt RED guys would think about it - they, in the first place, made Ciri pronounce those sentences. What would do you think about that? Well, I'd love it!

There is one thing that I really, really, really want to see in Cyberpunk 2077 and one sure as hell is having Ciri in the game. Either mentioned/referenced or in person. Of course I would prefer the latter because, well who doesn't like seeing her? I don't think in such a vast and big game such an Easteregg would be an issue. It's not like she should appear in a main quest and teleport herself with a sword slicing enemies to Sushi but if you could run into her at in a coincidence or see her just for a very short moment somewhere, wow that would be gold and really an amazing easteregg/cameo.

Sorry guys, I didn't see this discussion before and opened a new useless thread. As you can see, my message has been merged, but it's pointless at this point of the discussion.
I'd like to say what I think of the whole "no magic in CP world" thing: it's a fallacious argument. Before the Conjunction of the Spheres, Ciri's world was also a no-magic world. This didn't prevent the Conjunction from happening, magical beings entering that world and bringing all their magic in it. If you accept the fact that many worlds are part of the same multiverse and that beings from one world can jump into another, bringing their own features and peculiarities in the destination world, then Ciri can jump into CP world. Also, she described a "flying cars" world where technology took the place of the magic, a no-magic futuristic world, but still: Ciri could jump there. And of course she brought some magic in there, otherwise how could she even leave, then? How could she open a portal to get back? I think the only reasonable objection could be that those are the rules of "The Witcher" world/multiverse. The Witcher world is set in a multiverse where magical beings jump around between worlds, even no-magic ones. Cyberpunk could be simply set in another multiverse or a standalone universe. So...

I think the point is - it's a video game. And I don't mean it in the sense of "hey you can do everything with it" but that it's controlled. A cameo or easteregg could very well be part of the canon but you have Pondsmith and CDPR for it to be meaningless. It's not as with Star Wars sometimes where someone can do whatever they want and suddenly your canon is fucked up with stupid stuff, it's more like what Lucasfilm does with Eastereggs like:

Raider of the Lost Ark - R2D2 and C3PO as symbols on an egyptian stela and Club Obi Wan
Solo A Star Wars Movie - fertility idol from Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark

There is never a deeper meaning, there is no Force in Indiana Jones, no one is using a lightsaber or force choking someone and the other way around it's the same, Indiana Jones merely inspired a character named Darth Aphra who fits very much into the universe (and is way darker too). If Ciri appears or a sign of her is visible, it would mean nothing. Someone who finds her or a note merely chuckles that "Ciri happened to be in this world" but it won't have any deeper meaning, there aren't monsters appearing in the city, no wild hunt is riding through the streets, nothing.

@SethSteiner I agree. In the end, as long as an appearence doesn't mess everything up, it's okay. And, speaking of the many ways she could be in Cyberpunk world without messing everything up, I'd like the deepest interaction possible. Even having her dressed as a standard Cyberpunk guy pretending to act "cool" and to be part of that world. I don't know, maybe dropping some hints that, actually, she's not "from there". I'd like to team up with her, seeing her slicing people sword-in-hand because - in the words of another character - "she's old-style". Yeah, I think I need Ciri in this game :-D

I think I wouldn't want to see her even as an NPC. But I would definitely like to hear some random NPC discussion about her, or her picture in a newspaper (or whatever they are reading in there), or in a poster. Accompanied with few words that hints back to that scene in Witcher 3. That would be great :)

Is it crazy that i want more than just a few lines? How about a bigger Quest? Just helping this obviously crazy girl that talkes about portals and other worlds?

How can anyone NOT want that?

Love how people try to protect one imaginary world from other.
99.9% Ciri will be in CP77.

The Ciri's talk in witcher was a nice tease, anyway, no hard fact it was indeed Cyberpunk's world.
Also, Ciri's cameo is kinda the last thing I'd ask CDPR, I mean that game's gonna be so huge, I don't see the point in cross-franchise fan-service, I'd rather have to met Alt on the Cyberspace, or an old Johnny Silverhand.

@Maelcom404 no doubts you'll get them! They are part of this world, which is rich on its own and you will - of course - get these kinds of cameos. Also, I don't want to go off-topic here but... what about cameos from *similar* franchises? Like the little girl talking about "her needle" or the Tyrion-like character in The Witcher 3, I'd really like to see people from the Neuromancer trilogy walking around. Molly, Case, Yanaka, Mona Lisa... whoever!

Why so humble about Ciri in CP2077?

Only a camo, pfff please, full interaction + a litte questline + a relationship option
over the course of the (6 months it was?) full timecourse ^^

aye?
:p

I hope she's one of the one night stand options
"That was fun, but I really have to get going" *poof*

I don't think it's a good idea to give her a more prominent role in the game. Something brief and maybe funny.

well define "prominent" ....

Why shy away from a more extented interactions with here.
Eredin couldn t find her in the CP world (so she says in TW3)

and she guessed maybe half a year.... so plenty of time for quite
some fanservice aye? ^^

Up to CDPR, of course, but they better spend time on developing Cyberpunk world, not fan service.

Also, why didn't she take anything with her from Cyberpunk world to fight the Hunt? I'm sure there are guns that are better than any magic in The Witcher world. Considering that she spent considerable amount of time there.

Up to CDPR, of course, but they better spend time on developing Cyberpunk world, not fan service.

Also, why didn't she take anything with her from Cyberpunk world to fight the Hunt? I'm sure there are guns that are better than any magic in The Witcher world. Considering that she spent considerable amount of time there.
I'm not familiar with how the dimension hopping thing works. Maybe she can't bring stuff from other dimensions with her?

Top Bottom