Ciri in Cyberpunk

+
Those kinds of smaller (text only) easter eggs are likely in CP2077, too, what is doubtful is Ciri appearing as an actual NPC in the game world.

I do not recall the year 2077 being mentioned in TW3. Actually, it could just as well have been 2076, so we might find some note or other small bit of information to suggest (but not confirm) that Ciri was there. And it is also a possibility that it was only a world similar to Cyberpunk.

watched the clip, she described the world minimally, but not the year. The most likely way she could be in the game is by acknowledgement of others. If people met her and interacted with her and gave memories, you could overhear others mentioning her by description. Overall, it is really a slip of an easter egg.

I'd prefer developers to spend their time on filling the world with related stuff, rather than tickling fanboy's feelings. It's not like CDPR never had easter eggs in their games. It's not only Ciri's story, but that body of Assassin's Creed dude in the La Valette castle, among other things. First fanboys ask for Ciri to be present in CP77. Then they will ask for her to be in all other games, because technically she can. Spare us. If the developer wants here to be there for whatever reason, she will. If not, then they shouldn't bend under demands.

As said, this is not about 1 definitive kind of appearance, it's about something. No one I read or heard on Youtube or in the Forum demanded that there needed to be a Ciri storyline or something like that, there are just ideas thrown in that have a pretty huge range, basically starting by a line of dialouge between pedestrians to a text that is linked to her like in a note over her character model appearing somewhere which you only see if you know where to look at to a full blown quest.

I prefer developers make something enjoyable. People would enjoy having Ciri in the game, no matter how it is done and they will be disappointed if the game is absolutely void of it. And for what is that good for? The people who dislike having her in the game won't see the difference anyway, considering the vast range of possibilities of a cameo/easteregg and most stuff doesn't require the developers to "get lost" and "don't have ressources for the game". I mean let's be serious here, the idea of a cross-reference, of hidden messages and references to other works is pretty old and usually doesn't hinder anything in a work i.e. developer photos hidden behind walls in rooms usually unreachable in games.

This might be greedy but, given how lengthy the dialogue tease was in TW3, I'm hoping we get a full sidequest with Ciri. A written reference or background NPC would be fun and all, but a quick quest with some real interaction and character moments would be amazing.

Not at all . Nope nope nope. Not a cross over universe. Cpunk is our world, plus. Witcher is total fantasy world. You add Witcher to Cyberpunk and you make it a fantasy world and spoil the "This could actually - be- our world someday!" feel.

Game director agrees, fortunately.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/20/17484072/cyberpunk-2077-the-witcher-crossover

"But, as it turns out, Badowski would rather that goof hadn’t gone so far.

“We are not Kingdom Hearts,” he told me. “We are not joining universes, and I know that there are a lot of fans on the team and they would like to have Ciri in the game. But I am totally against it, still.”

“Maybe you will change your mind,” said Iwiński, putting his hand on Badowski’s shoulder, before turning to me. “There is a little hope there.”"

So there is a little hope, but the Game Director himself is very firmly against it. As am I. Don't want to see Ciri in it (because she travels dimensions!) or Doctor Strange (HE'S the Sorceror Supreme - he can go ANYwhere) or the Justice League/Avengers/Fantastic Four (What? They do this stuff all the time with devices and portals and..) or Gordon Freeman or anyone from here: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Dimensional_Travel

At all. Oh look a Kingdom Hearts mention in there.

Because yes, there is precedent for Ciri having been to a science fiction setting of some kind ( Star Wars also works for her description!) but there is precedent for LOTS of fictional characters to cross-over because DIMENSIONAL POWERS.

And that would not make the story of Cyberpunk any better and would, I think, weaken the world setting by doing so. As well as bothering people like me who prefer an INTACT, COMPLETE story world and not some confused tapestry.

Not just a little eensy weensy easter egg?

And that would not make the story of Cyberpunk any better and would, I think, weaken the world setting by doing so. As well as bothering people like me who prefer an INTACT, COMPLETE story world and not some confused tapestry.

How does it weaken the world setting though? As already pointed out, cross-referencing exist for ages, does that mean that all these franchises and world AREN'T intact? They are "incomplete"? I mean we are talking mainly about an easteregg, I have a hard time understanding this fanatical "this can't and should not happen or else the world will go down in flames and the game and world is completely destroyed!"-stance.

The idea of an "easter egg" is that it's a clever allusion to something else that still blends seamlessly into the world. (For example, maybe there's a fashionable hairstyle that requires the hair to be bleached ashen-white, and the game would refer to it as the "Cirilla"). Or maybe an article in a tabloid on some newsstand that headlines Do Dimensional Travelers Exist!? And the picture is an artist's rendering of a white-haired woman and a robed figure stepping out of a portal.

If it's something plainly out-of-place, directly breaking the 4th wall, it's usually hidden in such an obscure corner that virtually no one will ever see it, or it's so subtle that it flows seamlessly with the energy of that universe and its themes. It's really hard to pull off. I think a prime example of how to do this well is the following scene from Thor: Ragnarok:

Will players actually meet with Ciri in CP2077 as "Ciri, from the Witcher universe"? I would certainly hope not.

Exactly. Finding her location as a reward for diligently exploring the city, or hearing mention of her from the right NPC at the right time, yes (That white-haired woman we apprehended for no ID- Yes, the one no mods. We lost her. Fuck. I know. Our security was tight. She just simply vanished). Having her Stan Lee a scene, no.

Last edited:
I think an easter egg would be fun. Something along the lines of interacting with a someone, you notice a rose tattoo (that matches Ciri's) giving us the opportunity to ask about it. They could respond with something along the lines of them getting it with an ash coloured hair girl, who just up and disappeared on them one day.

It's not outright saying it's Ciri but it's enough of a nod if people payed attention to her tattoo in TW3.

Anyway, that's just the kind of scenario I'd like, if they don't want to go more in-depth with putting Ciri in the game.

- - - - -
Edited to add: Depending on your choice in TW3, Ciri did comment about getting it with/for someone special. So, it could fit...

Nevermind, just re-watched the scene about the tattoo, it wouldn't work. Oh well. But something small like a reference in some way would be nice.

Last edited:
The moment they put in an easter egg, like someone that sounds like her is mentioned, then the W3 fans will then demand she be put in the game as a full DLC since there is an easter egg. No, she simply does not belong in cyberpunk.

People can demand all they want, only CDPR will decide if they are going to or not.

Heck, they could have a group of cosplayers walking down the street, with one wearing her "costume" - no ashen hair - it'd still be a nice easter egg. No one has to remark or focus on it but it's still a nice nod. If people demand more, well, they're doing that already, so what's the big deal.

There's nothing wrong with wanting an easter egg between very popular games from the same publisher. It can be done without ruining one's immersion.

The moment they put in an easter egg, like someone that sounds like her is mentioned, then the W3 fans will then demand she be put in the game as a full DLC since there is an easter egg. No, she simply does not belong in cyberpunk.
Sorry, but that's a not a good argument. Your premise is weak and doesn't have any correlation to your conclusion.

A) it's not certain that the fans will, B) even if they do CDPR is under no obligation to bow to their demands, and C) what has that actually got to do with the simple question as whether she would fit within the universe of 2077?

[edit] Let me be crystal clear here. I'm not attacking you, nor am I necessarily disagreeing with your stance. All I am saying is that to hold that position you'll need to develop a stronger argument than that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom