Ciri in Cyberpunk

+
I always tought Ciri would appear at some point in Cyberpunk 2077 because while she was trying to escape the wild hunt with Avallac'h he opened a portal to the dimesion where Cyberpunk is set. Or have I got it wrong?
When she describe its inhabitants to have metal in their bodies I just tought "wow, it's Cyberpunk world she was hiding in, I got the reference CD Projekt!". I had no doubt until now that we would have seen her in a small quest.
Well, not a big issue if she wont be there, the game is still going blow everything up ^^

This wont happen. I want to be able to 100% the game without breaking immersion.

Just have Ciri stay in the Witcher universe. Why does she need to be in cyberpunk?

How would you like it if characters from cyberpunk appeared in the next witcher game? It doesnt make sense.

Immersion is probably the most misunderstood, twisted to whatever point you're trying to make term in gaming. If a game keeps you mentally involved, it's immersive. Tetris can be immersive. Nothing about a fun and fleeting cameo is going to mentally disengage you from your 2077 adventure, unless you're not overly into it in the first place. You're talking about realism, which hardly applies to any game ever made.

As for a Cyberpunk character cameo in a Witcher 4, that'd be awesome. So long as they can fiction together a reason for him/her to be there, and tie it into a fun sidequest that doesn't impact the main story in any significant way. Witcher 3 introduced some degree of interdimensional travel. This is CDPR's world. The possibilities are endless.

Sidequests are for fun, out of the norm ideas. Roach talked in Blood and Wine. That didn't wreck my "immersion." Ciri doesn't ruin your game, and she'd be a pleasant surprise for others. It's by no means a must, but there's really no harm in it.

I think modders should just make a Ciri adventure in CP. I bet it's coming. CDPR shouldn't bother. Just not to fuel this "cinematic universe" fever some fans have.

I always tought Ciri would appear at some point in Cyberpunk 2077 because while she was trying to escape the wild hunt with Avallac'h he opened a portal to the dimesion where Cyberpunk is set. Or have I got it wrong?
When she describe its inhabitants to have metal in their bodies I just tought "wow, it's Cyberpunk world she was hiding in, I got the reference CD Projekt!". I had no doubt until now that we would have seen her in a small quest.
Well, not a big issue if she wont be there, the game is still going blow everything up ^^

You do know what easter eggs are in games right? It was an off handed comment hinting at CDPR's development of CP2077 at the time. It doesn't mean the two universes are suddenly linked together. I guarantee this game will have easter eggs hinting at the Witcher universe as well.

Immersion is probably the most misunderstood, twisted to whatever point you're trying to make term in gaming. If a game keeps you mentally involved, it's immersive. Tetris can be immersive. Nothing about a fun and fleeting cameo is going to mentally disengage you from your 2077 adventure, unless you're not overly into it in the first place. You're talking about realism, which hardly applies to any game ever made.

As for a Cyberpunk character cameo in a Witcher 4, that'd be awesome. So long as they can fiction together a reason for him/her to be there, and tie it into a fun sidequest that doesn't impact the main story in any significant way. Witcher 3 introduced some degree of interdimensional travel. This is CDPR's world. The possibilities are endless.

Sidequests are for fun, out of the norm ideas. Roach talked in Blood and Wine. That didn't wreck my "immersion." Ciri doesn't ruin your game, and she'd be a pleasant surprise for others. It's by no means a must, but there's really no harm in it.

Immersion is the suspension of disbelief in a world. If the world is based in near-future technology, the introduction of magic (Ciri) shatters that suspension of disbelief.

No. There'd be no reason for the character to be there. Mich like theres no reason for Ciri to be in CP77. Her description was so vague, it could be a reference to our world. She didnt say anything thats exclusive to Cyberpunk.

Roach talking doesnt break immersion because Geralt took a magical potion that caused him to hallucinate or whatever. Thats in line with the Witcher universe.

No. There'd be no reason for the character to be there. Mich like theres no reason for Ciri to be in CP77. Her description was so vague, it could be a reference to our world. She didnt say anything thats exclusive to Cyberpunk.

I've never seen a community dive so deep into an easter egg before. They think what Ciri said is some sort of proof she will be in the game forgetting that all it was was just an off handed comment referring to CDPR's development of CP77. It's like the Skyrim easter egg in DOOM 2016. It does not suddenly mean the Elder Scrolls and DOOM universes are interlinked.

HAHHAHAHHAHA it wasn t me THIS time @Snowflakez @Sardukhar ahhahahaahah
My lower back the ppl are over this :p and yes i have to say it.

I am all for Ciri in CP77 in an extented manner :p. Yes i have to say this one too :D

*It is INEVITABLE!!*:shrug: you know it is *smirk*

Well, yeah, no.

It's an incredible stupid idea and the devs know that fortunately.

You think so? I already gave a simple solution, make it optional like one of the
DLCs in W3 and everything is fine. Also regarding being a "stupid" idea...

i still think as a company it would be stupid NOT to "exploit" this fangirling.
But that is not the reason why i say it is INEVITABLE, it is inevitable for other
reasons, which comes back to me wanting CDPR handling this rather than modders.

;)

You think so? I already gave a simple solution, make it optional like one of the
DLCs in W3 and everything is fine. Also regarding being a "stupid" idea...

i still think as a company it would be stupid NOT to "exploit" this fangirling.
But that is not the reason why i say it is INEVITABLE, it is inevitable for other
reasons, which comes back to me wanting CDPR handling this rather than modders.

;)
Just because they can does not mean that they should. What do CDPR have to gain from doing this? Ciri is not the reason that this game is so highly anticipated.

HAHHAHAHHAHA it wasn t me THIS time @Snowflakez @Sardukhar ahhahahaahah
My lower back the ppl are over this :p and yes i have to say it.

I am all for Ciri in CP77 in an extented manner :p. Yes i have to say this one too :D

*It is INEVITABLE!!*:shrug: you know it is *smirk*

I don't remember what I said to you in the past on this topic, but by now, I've honestly stopped caring.

Have Ciri, don't have Ciri, it makes no difference to me, and I have no reason to restrict other people's fun for petty reasons. All I'd ask is that it's done in a way they fits the world and doesn't significantly mess with lore or consistency, but beyond that... Have at it.

True enough, i am also quite sure that CP2077 will be an awesome game.
Ciri or not, doesn t matter i think, since we re already in for great game here.
What i said what just cuz the thread got kinda necroed ^^

Adam Badowski every time he sees this thread at the top of the Cyberpunk forum:

Immersion is the suspension of disbelief in a world. If the world is based in near-future technology, the introduction of magic (Ciri) shatters that suspension of disbelief.

Roach talking doesnt break immersion because Geralt took a magical potion that caused him to hallucinate or whatever. Thats in line with the Witcher universe.

Her description included skyscrapers and flying vehicles. Sure, that could be New York and planes or even generic sci-fi. But given that these are both CDPR properties, and the devs were well aware of their next project, it's much more likely that this is a Cyberpunk reference. It's a little stubborn to hear this description and assume CDPR isn't referencing themselves. Regardless of your stance on a Ciri cameo, that's just plugging your ears and ignoring a clear hint.

The narrative reason for Roach talking isn't any more or less ridiculous and immersion-breaking than Ciri transcending different realities, which is already established on the Witcher side. On the Cyberpunk side, yes it's closer to new ground. But the creative borders you're putting on a work of fiction are only because you personally would rather not see a certain reference. What if V takes a drug for some sidequest that culminates in a fleeting glimpse of a portal, and a conversation with a mysteriously dressed woman? There's your "magical potion" for this scenario. People terrified for their immersion can dismiss it as a hallucination. It doesn't take some unprecedented amount of creativity to work these things into a sidequest. Now if CDPR doesn't want to include her, because they just don't have the right idea for it, that's fine. This is their game, and I'm buying it either way. But the idea that they can't because of your imagined rules is laughably shortsighted.

I understand you don't even want her in some small piece of the game, and many don't. There are also many who do. It's pretty difficult to justify the "absolutely do not include this" position when all I've said is I'd enjoy the side quest, and that it wouldn't ruin your playthrough.

Her description included skyscrapers and flying vehicles. Sure, that could be New York and planes or even generic sci-fi. But given that these are both CDPR properties, and the devs were well aware of their next project, it's much more likely that this is a Cyberpunk reference. It's a little stubborn to hear this description and assume CDPR isn't referencing themselves. Regardless of your stance on a Ciri cameo, that's just plugging your ears and ignoring a clear hint.

It's a very vague and a very short "reference" with no specifics given. I think what annoys me most about this whole Ciri thing is that there were, what, 2 lines of dialogue in the Witcher 3 that is in possible reference to Cyberpunk 2077 and now you people think that justifies a full blown cameo or side quest featuring Ciri. That's asinine.

The narrative reason for Roach talking isn't any more or less ridiculous and immersion-breaking than Ciri transcending different realities, which is already established on the Witcher side.

I mean... you said it yourself. Portals and Ciri transcending realities aren't immersion breaking in the Witcher because its been established in the lore. As for Roach talking, I feel that was a fan service to in-game actions of Roach. Bad handling, appearing wherever, etc. It was self-contained in the Witcher universe. There was no out-of-universe hand waving.

On the Cyberpunk side, yes it's closer to new ground. But the creative borders you're putting on a work of fiction are only because you personally would rather not see a certain reference.

"Creative borders", really? Fuck canon, I guess, right? Works of fiction have laws and principles in place, when those are broken, the creative work loses integrity. Ciri would 100% break Cyberpunk's laws and principles.

What if V takes a drug for some sidequest that culminates in a fleeting glimpse of a portal, and a conversation with a mysteriously dressed woman? There's your "magical potion" for this scenario.

Hallucinations are distorted imagery that our mind conjures up. It can't create images that it's never seen before. Since V has never seen a portal, or Ciri, V couldn't imagine them in a hallucination. It's hard for me to imagine there being a side quest where V needs to get high off of a hallucinogenic drug to do his job.

It doesn't take some unprecedented amount of creativity to work these things into a sidequest.
I'd rather CDPR use their resources to make a Cyberpunk sidequest, rather than use those resources to make a ridiculous fan-service sidequest, for an unrelated IP.

Now if CDPR doesn't want to include her, because they just don't have the right idea for it, that's fine. This is their game, and I'm buying it either way. But the idea that they can't because of your imagined rules is laughably shortsighted.

Adam Badowski, you know, the director of Cyberpunk 2077, already said he's totally against the idea of a Ciri appearance in any way, shape, or form. But you Ciri fans are so rabid and hell-bent on her being in the game, you just ignore his statement:
“We are not Kingdom Hearts,” said Badowski “We are not joining universes, and I know that there are a lot of fans on the team and they would like to have Ciri in the game. But I am totally against it, still.”

I understand you don't even want her in some small piece of the game, and many don't. There are also many who do. It's pretty difficult to justify the "absolutely do not include this" position when all I've said is I'd enjoy the side quest, and that it wouldn't ruin your playthrough.

It's not difficult at all. She doesn't belong in this game, so she shouldn't make an appearance at all. While a cameo wouldn't ruin my playthrough, it would significantly lessen my experience, and as I've said before, break the established laws and principles of the Cyberpunk 2077 universe.

It's a very vague and a very short "reference" with no specifics given. I think what annoys me most about this whole Ciri thing is that there were, what, 2 lines of dialogue in the Witcher 3 that is in possible reference to Cyberpunk 2077 and now you people think that justifies a full blown cameo or side quest featuring Ciri. That's asinine.

I mean... you said it yourself. Portals and Ciri transcending realities aren't immersion breaking in the Witcher because its been established in the lore. As for Roach talking, I feel that was a fan service to in-game actions of Roach. Bad handling, appearing wherever, etc. It was self-contained in the Witcher universe. There was no out-of-universe hand waving.

"Creative borders", really? Fuck canon, I guess, right? Works of fiction have laws and principles in place, when those are broken, the creative work loses integrity. Ciri would 100% break Cyberpunk's laws and principles.

Hallucinations are distorted imagery that our mind conjures up. It can't create images that it's never seen before. Since V has never seen a portal, or Ciri, V couldn't imagine them in a hallucination. It's hard for me to imagine there being a side quest where V needs to get high off of a hallucinogenic drug to do his job.

I'd rather CDPR use their resources to make a Cyberpunk sidequest, rather than use those resources to make a ridiculous fan-service sidequest, for an unrelated IP.

Adam Badowski, you know, the director of Cyberpunk 2077, already said he's totally against the idea of a Ciri appearance in any way, shape, or form. But you Ciri fans are so rabid and hell-bent on her being in the game, you just ignore his statement:
“We are not Kingdom Hearts,” said Badowski “We are not joining universes, and I know that there are a lot of fans on the team and they would like to have Ciri in the game. But I am totally against it, still.”

It's not difficult at all. She doesn't belong in this game, so she shouldn't make an appearance at all. While a cameo wouldn't ruin my playthrough, it would significantly lessen my experience, and as I've said before, break the established laws and principles of the Cyberpunk 2077 universe.

"You people...you Ciri fans." I love checking the internet to find out which rabid subgroups I apparently belong to because I think something would be cool in a videogame. This isn't some longstanding demand that has me flying to Poland in protest. This is a little idea many fans discussed and, since I first saw it mentioned, I felt it would be an exciting moment.

Gaming is a unique medium in its ability to speak to the audience more directly. Deadpools aside, movies can't get away with this in the same way. The idea of in-game universes having rules can of course be a make-or-break for actual plot elements, but this is entirely different territory. I'm not exactly asking for Geralt to come out with a leather jacket and an eye patch telling V "we're putting a team together" after the game's credits. Easter eggs don't wreck your universe, and anyone who's that stingy about them should think twice before calling someone else asinine.

A percentage of 2077's fans have this automatic loyalty to CDPR because of their last major release. There's nothing wrong with something that says "Welcome back, guys. We see you." I probably buy this game either way but my preorder, my hype, or my involvement with these fun discussions/forums owe themselves to my enthusiasm for, as you said, a different IP. That hardly means I require Witcher content in every breath of CDPR creativity. Of course I don't. This is a new game and I appreciate that it's new. I just think she'd be a cool moment which, until very recently, wasn't a controversial thought.

I see that the sanctity of your Cyberpunk canon is a very sacred thing, and I guess I didn't realize how my "oh hey, I know her," moment wielded such a power over your experience. You're putting a tremendous weight on one scene in an 80+ hour game that, I maintain, isn't harmed by taking a moment to indulge in a cameo.

I can admit that, to your point about Badowski, there's clearly a profound pain among "you people" (while we're generalizing one another) whenever this idea comes up. I don't imagine you've been asked the Ciri question quite as many times, so I can better understand his frustration than yours. At the end of the day, if a fun easter egg for some is a creative aneurysm for others, I guess CDPR has been wise to steer clear of ruining the Cyberpunk universe for you.

"You people...you Ciri fans." I love checking the internet to find out which rabid subgroups I apparently belong to because I think something would be cool in a videogame. This isn't some longstanding demand that has me flying to Poland in protest. This is a little idea many fans discussed and, since I first saw it mentioned, I felt it would be an exciting moment.

People have been thrown in groups since the dawn of humanity. It allows a person to quickly identify how someone thinks. I honestly don't care if you're offended by it. It's just something you'll need to deal with.
Many fans have discussed it. Many fans have disagreed with it. Many fans, including myself, think it would be detrimental to the Cyberpunk universe. It takes time away from Cyberpunk content, and it makes the world of Cyberpunk lessened. By that I mean instead of being it's own place, it becomes 'just another place Ciri has gone.' No thanks.

Gaming is a unique medium in its ability to speak to the audience more directly. Deadpools aside, movies can't get away with this in the same way. The idea of in-game universes having rules can of course be a make-or-break for actual plot elements, but this is entirely different territory. I'm not exactly asking for Geralt to come out with a leather jacket and an eye patch telling V "we're putting a team together" after the game's credits. Easter eggs don't wreck your universe, and anyone who's that stingy about them should think twice before calling someone else asinine.

No, easter eggs don't wreck immersion. Straight up cameo's and side-quests of a character that doesn't belong does diminish the immersion. Actually, I wouldn't mind an easter egg like that. Beat the game on the hardest difficulty, watch the credits through their entirety, and then you get a little scene like that post-credits. Because the story is over. It wouldn't do anything if you skipped the scene. It wouldn't count against a 100% playthrough.

A percentage of 2077's fans have this automatic loyalty to CDPR because of their last major release. There's nothing wrong with something that says "Welcome back, guys. We see you." I probably buy this game either way but my preorder, my hype, or my involvement with these fun discussions/forums owe themselves to my enthusiasm for, as you said, a different IP. That hardly means I require Witcher content in every breath of CDPR creativity. Of course I don't. This is a new game and I appreciate that it's new. I just think she'd be a cool moment which, until very recently, wasn't a controversial thought.

People are loyal to CDPR because of their work ethic. They actually care about gamers, and aren't trying to screw us over at every turn. It was controversial the moment people started wanting her appearance in Cyberpunk 2077. If you don't want Witcher content in every CDPR game, why are you pushing so hard for her to be in Cyberpunk? The next Witcher game will be out soon enough. Have her make a cameo in that.

I see that the sanctity of your Cyberpunk canon is a very sacred thing, and I guess I didn't realize how my "oh hey, I know her," moment wielded such a power over your experience. You're putting a tremendous weight on one scene in an 80+ hour game that, I maintain, isn't harmed by taking a moment to indulge in a cameo.

Canon is very important in a role-playing game. I'm baffled at how you don't see that. Again, resources to a cameo or sidequest for Ciri is detrimental to the Cyberpunk universe.
1) Because she doesn't belong in the Cyberpunk universe
and
2) It takes away development from actual Cyberpunk content.

I can admit that, to your point about Badowski, there's clearly a profound pain among "you people" (while we're generalizing one another) whenever this idea comes up. I don't imagine you've been asked the Ciri question quite as many times, so I can better understand his frustration than yours. At the end of the day, if a fun easter egg for some is a creative aneurysm for others, I guess CDPR has been wise to steer clear of ruining the Cyberpunk universe for you.

It's frustrating that people want to shoe-horn in a character that clearly doesn't belong. And as I've said previously, it won't ruin the game. It'll diminish and cheapen the experience.

I wouldn't even mind a dialogue between two main characters akin to that in the Witcher 3:
Character: Man we almost died in the mission we took.
V: What happened?
C: You wouldn't believe me if I told you.
V: Try me.
C: Well I didn't get a good look, but some chick with a sword came in and saved us. Dressed like a medieval warrior.
V: You're right. I don't believe you.

There. There's what the cameo should be if Ciri makes an appearance. Just as vague as what was in the Witcher. Not really clear if it was actually Ciri or not.

Keep it to an easter egg or something vague at best. A drunk tells a story how he saw a white-haired chick coming from a ball of light. Most likely it was delirium tremens. Maybe it was Ciri, maybe it wasn't. No definitive answer. Or maybe a poster that has a girl that looks like Ciri, but it's not her. Or a similarly looking medieval sword that maybe or maybe not belongs to her. In other words, there shouldn't be definitive proof that Ciri was in Cyberpunk. Just like her words in Witcher 3 point at a sci-fi world, but not necessary Cyberpunk.

Full blown presence of Ciri in Cyberpunk, no matter how small, fuck no.

Keep it to an easter egg or something vague at best. A drunk tells a story how he saw a white-haired chick coming from a ball of light. Most likely it was delirium tremens. Maybe it was Ciri, maybe it wasn't.
This is all I ever asked for.

Wow, 10 page and counting, who could've imagined Ciri becomes this big of a matter, seems to me its the time to bring Porn Model.

Top Bottom