Ciri Nova first impression

+
I rly don't udersand why it got changed at all it was a rly fun card to use and one of the last ones that made me play this game. I think it's rly sad what is happening to this game it used to be so fun back in open beta with for example queensguards where I was able to get up to 74 points in 1 move etc so many ways to get redicilous points on the board but also ways to do crazy point swings I think they tryed to make the game rly compeditive but by doing so they runied it for me it's just not rly fun anymore if u have to tryhard every game. if I want to do that I go and play chess. let's be for real it a card game after all so why is it not ok if a noob wins becouse of good rng? I think it's just sad how such a fun game gets ruined for me. Anyways I hope someone reads this let me know if u feel the same.

1. Sure, it's not a 100% chance you'll hit her, but there are ways to thin and to tutor, even with the 'popular' options being omitted.

2. Vincent is a part of the supposed 'worst' faction atm. You don't see it a lot anymore, and not all the decks play him. There is also the thing that they would have to hold him back for her, given she's usually the last card played in a round. It's also hard to detect if you're playing Nova because there's no real incentive to make a "Nova deck" because of the drawbacks you mention. That kinda makes it playable.

At least it's playable. It's not the bomb card it was in the beta, but at least it's not the piece of garbage it was at release. I feel this is a fine middle ground: plenty of removal gets rid of her. Will not be OP in the current pool.

I like the idea, and it seems good to me that there is a provision limitation tied to the card. If Nova survives into the next round, you're looking at a total point value of 18 for her (8 in the previous round, 8 more in the next). The shield nullifies one-shot, damage-based removal, leaving you only with purify or banish (alternatively Yen) as single-play alternatives--one obviously better than the other, but much more limited in availability. It actually really frustrates me to come up against it, but I've felt for a while now that effects which create card advantage should be removed from the game entirely...

The most important weakness is lack of artefact removal in Nova based deck due to 9 prov. restriction; it's an auto lose to any scenario (unless you got perfect r1 hand, win r1 then luckily push out scenario and also play Ciri in timing before r3, too much conditions). So until she got second ability to remove artefact / CDPR print 9 prov. artefact removal, Nova is literally unplayable meme.

Top Bottom