Ciri Nova Rework

+
I was staring on this unit too recently and was thinking of maybe some fancy spell and artefact heavy Monster deck with Phoenix, Ruehin, Dettlaf, Xavier lemmens ect?
Monster has many unit banishing like oozrel, ghoul ect and you could use consume on the eternal units again and again or field them with weaves incantation. There are also some options to recycle units from your grave like necromancy so you could destroy the unneeded copies and reeastablish the summon conditions. Maybe a skellige deck could work too?
Oh and maybe doomed units could fix the rest, like shupe?
Overall ciri decks are probably for late game collectors when they dont know what to do with all their cards and need some inspiration and not some flexible tech unit I could put in any deck as addition to imporve my decks as newbie.

PS; can you use korathi heatwave on your graveyard?

Guest 4368268

Many factors make her unplayable. Including the fact Heatwave and Yennefer Invo. are meta due to defenders now. I just hope they do something unique with her, maybe something to do with the amount of Witchers in your deck or 'whenever an adjacent unit dies boost/damage by so and so' Could immediately work in NR because people often kill their stuff, work in Monsters because of consume, work in Skellige because of self wounding.

Yarpen Zigrin is pretty much in the same place Ciri Nova is. The deck building design went into a direction where both of these cards have become completely obsolete even as meme cards.

I really likek the idea of beta ciri nova , gave it a good taste make a deck aroud her like shupe

There's been several threads about it.
Someone once told that Ciri's not being reworked, because in Beta she was too op and overplayed, so now has to lay out a while. (it was Strengthen Ciri no?).

(11 provision)
/not doomed herself;/ I was thinking strengthen self, and also all other Ciris, when going to graveyard. So if you kill her by yourself the round you play her, with no other units in graveyard, she'll pop out with 6str so at least Muzzle and Ardal won't instantly steal her, unless they have 1 dmg :(
Idea was to make any kind of Sieze immunity, but still I guess most handy would be just "Sieze immunity" written on card...
View attachment 11017004

threads with general card suggestions...
+older thread
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/gwent-cards-generators-design-your-own-card.10996288
general thread about unplayed cards, with some rework suggestions too
... and maybe even more Ciri Nova suggestions could be found here:

But to be honest, I'd prefer if CDPR added more cards (with an ability the reworked one would have) instead of reworking old cards, and make the old ones just more useful, while keeping their UNIQUE ability, because if they change all great cards to "boost/damage", the game will be so much dumbed down it will be an intellectual pain to even look at it...

Last edited:
Depends on what theme CDPR wants to go with, personally i like when all Ciri cards share the same theme, in beta, prior to Nova, Ciri and Ciri: Dash had this return mechanic, to hand or to deck. Now it seems to be more about card advantage, Ciri remained unchanged but fulfills both functions, Ciri: Dash is strictly card advantage.
It would be cool to have Nova somewhere along these lines, granted you can look at it as Ciri performing this dual role, of returning to fight again and granting card advantage, and each of these roles are represented by the other 2 Ciri cards separately.

Without considering the theme, personally i'd make Ciri similar to the old King of Beggers.
The art and flavor of the card represents Ciri's unstable power so:

Ciri: Nova - 5 power
Deploy: Boost self enough to tie the round.
If this unit has 11 or more boost, destroy self. (or reset self, depending how far you want to push the risk/reward factor).

Does anyone know whether her skill would recognize a second copy of herself in graveyard? Or would it only recognize alien cards so you could multiply her?

Top Bottom