Ciri nova the queen of Gwent

+

• Total voters

Just trying to post a poll about Ciri nova the new queen of gwent. Every match I played tonight ended in ciri nova. I saw her a lot initially but she had a break now she's back. this was a first for every match. Even the usual dwarf decks had her added to the finish.. I originally thought she would lead to different deck building and strategy but she's everyones finisher without really any negatives to your deck...

just for fun at whatever level you are currently at, what percent of your games tonight ended in ciri?

Mancoon1980;n10296072 said:
Even the usual dwarf decks had her added to the finish..

A Ciri: Nova variant of a Dwarf deck is probably the most broken thing in the meta right now. I'm using a Dragoon+Farseer deck that uses Agitators, Skirmishers and ALL the Dwarf silvers with Ciri: Nova on top, I must say it feels particularly scummy if I win the coin flip with a Dragoon and Farseer in hand. Swapped Eithne out for Franesca so I could mulligan away Ciri without much worry, while using Fran to bleed alongside Yaevinn and Wardancers.

Only thing that stopped me climbing today was a run of NG using Sweers on my Skirmishers, bricking my Agitators (probably wasn't even intentional), and two Radovid locking my Farseer and Dragoon. Beyond that, smooth sailing.

I think she's a completely disgusting card, especially in Bear Skellige. You can make a pretty consistent deck with her, she should have more limitations or go down to at least 20 points. But then Igni doesn't kill her smh... so frustrating.

Mancoon1980;n10296072 said:
I saw her a lot initially but she had a break now she's back. this was a first for every match.

It's kinda weird how the meta goes. When she was first released, a lot of players were trying her out. Then she dropped of the radar and now everyone is playing her again. All this when there hasn't even been any balance change to explain the meta shift.

I only played five or so games yesterday (didn't get around to it until after 22:30), of which one ended in a Nova.

Was playing casual, because my daily quest didn't require ranked matches and I just wanted to have fun. :p

Today i have seen Two Ciri Nova card was on the board. He played Ciri and it goes up to 25 then 26 after i drained ciri to half with vampire elder. And then he played another Ciri Nova again he was using elves deck. And i have no clue how did he do that anyone knows how ? i googled how to make same gold card on deck with spawn or create any of it has worked. please enlighten me (i dont have ciri nova on deck i am monsters)

for johhnny ( i didnt have Ciri Nova in my deck ) i havent seen uma on the deck. if its johnny please enlighten me if its a glitch or a bug or is there a way to use johhnny to bring out two Ciri Nova at same time because its so overpowered :D

Raunbjorn

The reason why I think Ciri Nova is a super boring card is because it's your win con. If you win the coinflip you know it won't get scorched or igni'd and if you lose you just have to hope your opponent doesn't have scorch or igni in hand and vice versa. If you didn't draw Nova you know you're screwed.
Unlike Hearthstone, Reno isn't your win con. In HS you have more ways to draw cards than in Gwent making it more reliable. When you have to build your deck around a certain card is interesting, but it shouldn't be your win condition because of how draws work in Gwent.

Don't like the card, but in its defense she's not seeing a lot of high level play. It's lows and mid-3000s where she's everywhere. I'll never get behind powerful neutral finisher cards, though.

Afairju;n10297682 said:
for johhnny ( i didnt have Ciri Nova in my deck ) i havent seen uma on the deck. if its johnny please enlighten me if its a glitch or a bug or is there a way to use johhnny to bring out two Ciri Nova at same time because its so overpowered :D

It's not Johnny, in your case, because you aren't using Ciri: Nova yourself. I just mentioned Johnny to give all possibilities to get duplicate gold cards. Actually, I should have also mentioned Blue Dream, which can copy a gold unit from the opponent's graveyard, as well as Avallac'h: The Sage that copies a random silver or gold from your opponent's deck.

That bloody card... partly why I put Gwent down for a while, but played 4 games today as I was testing out some stuff with some ST cards that shouldn't really work together but kind of do but need more tweaking, all of which ended with Nova.

I'm not particularly concerned though; I won't be playing Gwent 6 days out of 7 so IDGAF.

Karfuss;n10296112 said:
A Ciri: Nova variant of a Dwarf deck is probably the most broken thing in the meta right now. I'm using a Dragoon+Farseer deck that uses Agitators, Skirmishers and ALL the Dwarf silvers with Ciri: Nova on top, I must say it feels particularly scummy if I win the coin flip with a Dragoon and Farseer in hand. Swapped Eithne out for Franesca so I could mulligan away Ciri without much worry, while using Fran to bleed alongside Yaevinn and Wardancers.

Only thing that stopped me climbing today was a run of NG using Sweers on my Skirmishers, bricking my Agitators (probably wasn't even intentional), and two Radovid locking my Farseer and Dragoon. Beyond that, smooth sailing.

Perhaps they make the mechanic behind her so that when you play her to the board you send a random card from the board to the graveyard or that the opponent draws a card freely.

Half my games have ended with Ciri in the last 24 hours. If i see Ciri or dorfs, i'm not even gg-ing anymore. I wish i could take stuff away from them. I do really hate the current meta, and cdpr's ability to do any balancing. The last meta before midwinter was stale, but the last patch and hotfix were atrocious. New cards are fine, but the state the patch was put out, and the lack of hotfixing and balancing in the last month and the half put the game into it's worst state it has been in since closed beta.

I don't know where to say that a card need fix, but i'll tell here.
I was playing against a scoia'tael deck w/ my reveal niilfigardian deck, in the 3rd round after we played all cards the opponent had a Ciri: Nova (which strenghened self by 25) and I played Peter Gwynleve to reset her strengh and reduce it by 3.
It should have changed her strengh back to 1 and then -3 and thrown at the graveyard, but instead it just took out 3 points of her...
It make no sense since Ciri: Nova is strenghned by 25 and Peter Gwynleve resets the power of the card.
:mad: So much frustating!
I would've won that match :(

greyhand5

Post moved to a better thread.

As for your issue, it was working as intended. Ciri: Nova gains 25 Base strength, but Peter only resets Boosted strength (and then reduces Base strength by 3).

Such a lazily designed card. The 2 bronzes in deck drawback is virtually irelevant. She's power creep embodied.

greyhand5;n10315192 said:
I don't know where to say that a card need fix, but i'll tell here.
I was playing against a scoia'tael deck w/ my reveal niilfigardian deck, in the 3rd round after we played all cards the opponent had a Ciri: Nova (which strenghened self by 25) and I played Peter Gwynleve to reset her strengh and reduce it by 3.
It should have changed her strengh back to 1 and then -3 and thrown at the graveyard, but instead it just took out 3 points of her...
It make no sense since Ciri: Nova is strenghned by 25 and Peter Gwynleve resets the power of the card.
:mad: So much frustating!
I would've won that match :(

Seriously you can't Peter her? That really sucks, I've wanted to try that but haven't had the opportunity yet. That seems broken considering the text on the card. I wonder if the card was boosted in hand which caused it to behave that way, Cira: Nova seems to act weird when it's hand boosted, such as not displaying the correct power when it's played.

RidiculousName My bad, I didn't see your reply clarifying this.

Last edited:
Reset means that a card is set to its base power. Because she strengthens to 25, 25 is her new base power and that's why Peter sets her strength to 22.

Top Bottom