Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon discussion thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that you are assuming up to you to decide which behavior is ooc. 100 readers of a book will interpret certain aspects in 100 different ways. What makes you interpretation better than any other? The 10 Yen fans, who agree with you on this forum? That's hardly convincing.
I think Ciri's behaviour is perfectly understandable and explained why in my post.
I think you should also dismiss the thought that they will change existing dialogues in the game just because a handful of people here demand it. They will maybe add content to explain it better but I would be highly surprised of any of the dialogue I quoted will be changed. Someone form CDP wrote it, someone from CDP thought it fits the character and story. This is how Yennefer and Ciri are portrayed ion the game. It won't disappear just because it's in your highly subjective opinion wrong. If the very unlikely case happens and they change it then we can discuss the new version. Until then this is what we have to work with. Otherwise any discussion is utterly pointless.

Agree completely. I find ciri's behaviour understandable too, that may not match someone else subjective view of how an older version of the book character should act but that doesn't make it ooc. They may be adding to ciri/yen/triss but they went out of their way to say they wouldn't be removing stuff, so yeah doubt they will change existing dialogue for those who don't like their interpretation of the character.

Unless you can discuss Ciri without personal attachment, it's doomed to fail in creating a constructive discussion.

Compromise must be achieved in order for both book and game canons to coexist.

It's a fact Ciri is not a finished character, underdeveloped is the term. And it's a fact her relationship with Yen is underdeveloped, which in turn leads us to Yen's relationship with Emhyr being underdeveloped.

Please leave your personal head canons out of the discussion and stick to what we do know, from the game and books.

I have no idea who wrote that, but I highly doubt it's one persons responsibility. I don't how games development works, but my guess would be that the whole content was checked by several people. We won't know until a RED answers. If you consider it mediocre writing that's fine. I disagree. I consider Geralt's behavior towards Yennefer mediocre writing, especially the lack of roleplay options and in regards to the games ooc acting whenever he interacts with her. (though this is the wrong place to dicuss it).
Just out of curiosity. Is there any recent example in which a game developer changed! (not just added) story content just because a very small group of people (you know the 10-15 people in this forum out of 4+ million , who either don't have a problem with it or just don't care) demanded it?

Lack of RP options with Triss and Djiikstra for example is much worse :)

Generally, I do not play many new games. And am mostly a Strategy/STALKER elitist. However recently Divinity Original Sin changed a part of its fan made writings due to the (very strange) anger of a very small part of its community.
WarGaming included "Сталинец! " back as an inscription due to the pressure from the Russian community.

Guest 3847602

He get's something much worse than just silence. He get's to see a devastated Ciri in the empress ending, which is a consequence of him taking Ciri to the emperor. Why do you think is Ciri so unhappy? Not because she has to say good bye to Geralt. She is the lady of time and space. She can teleport to him whenever she want's, especially now with the Wild Hunt gone. She will have dozens of mages, who can teleport her to Geralt or Geralt to her. No, she is sad, because she doesn't want to become empress. Like mentioned above, she wan't Geralt to take her away. She wan't freedom. She want's to travel and do witcher stuff without having any responsibility. Geralt choice to visit the emperor with her lead to her "new life".
The a bit cold behavior towards Yen is nothing compared to this.

Oh, I agree with you on your view on emperess ending to the last word, but here's the thing: Her becoming the emperess depends on outcome of the war too, so she still becomes the witheress if Nilfgaard lose the war. Geralt can even take Emhyr's money right in front of her, and if you make 3 out of 4 other Ciri's choices right and avoid taking part in assassinaton plot you'll get the happy witheress ending. What I am trying to say is that their relation doesn't change at all whatever you decide to do about Emhyr or his money after you leave Vizima.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom