Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon discussion thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really missed the opportunity to talk (hit?) some reason into that damn girl. Geralt and Triss did literally everything for her and she's still an annoying, spoilt brat that doesn't give a shit about anybody, especially not herself and her closed ones. But all I could do as Geralt in the game was being "soft" and "appeasing" and "supportive" to her, basically licking her ass all the time, no matter what. Even Yen had not a single reproach at all for her no matter how she behaves or what she does, which is totally out of character for Yen...

I have noticed 2 really big mistakes connected with Ciri. Not sure if someone wrote already about it, No time to read whole forum.

1. CDPR forgot that Emhyr married false Cirilla at the end of the last tome. So he couldnt call real Ciri "Cirilla Fiona.... Queen of Cintra....." cause that was official name and title of Emhyrs wife!
2. In books there were only 3 people who knew that Ciri is daughter of Emhyr: Vilgefortz (died), Emhyr and Geralt. And suddenly in the game it is known by others.

Last edited:
- You can just headcanon the she is angry and full of rage inside (maybe she even is, we haven't seen the scene, only read the lines) but just pretends to make Geralt happy
This is OOC for Cri.She never had a problem with expressing her opinion to Geralt.

-Physically she is not.
It's really difficult to discuss how a young women should behave. because 100 different 22 years old woman have 100 different personalities and act differently . I don't think she behaves like a child. She has her moments, but I wouldn't describe her personality as "childish"

-
In the games. In the books she WAS her mother...
We are talking about games ciri and I question the whole "mother" relation anyway. She spent barely a year with Yennefer, during a time when she was basically alone and wanted nothing more than a family. Feelings can change after such a long time.
But again, we had this discussion before and it led to nothing. I don't see the point in repeating it.

-- Why must I headcanon half the game?
You don't have to headcanon anything. That was just a proporsal for people that are unhappy with her behaviour. I certainly don't need to as I'm fine with the realtion between Yen and Ciri and wouldn't want any changes.

Last edited:
The problem with the other choices is that they seem bad choices. The choices you are given does not equal choosing right and I actually like to be Geralt the way I want him to be. But in this particular situation I cannot.
I can't fully understand you here. Which choice is the bad one? Choosing Triss? Probably, but it's going to be changed, as we can see, and changed so radically that Triss fans should be happy. Overjoyed.

I agree. But still I'd like the game to make sense always, no matter what option you pick..it can't be like : You pick Yen --> everything's fine, you pick Triss- ignoring the book lore etc
Game already ignores the book lore in many ways, because in the book Yen and Geralt love each other deeply... and they're both dead. It's an RPG game, so had CDPR decided to make it completely in line with the book, it wouldn't be an RPG anymore.

Some people like to play RPG games with different characters and pick different options, some like to play as themselves and never pick a different playstyle. Again, these are options. A good game has many options for the player to choose from. To build their own character and to write their own story. IMO, CDPR did a good job with Geralt because despite of him being already an established character players still have many ways to play the game.

It's really difficult to discuss how a young women should behave. because 100 different 22 years old woman have 100 different personalities and act differently . I don't think she behaves like a child. She has her moments, but I wouldn't describe her personality as "childish"

-
We are talking about games ciri and I question the whole "mother" relation anyway. She spent barely a year with Yennefer, during a time when she was basically alone and wanted nothing more than a family. Feelings can change after such a long time.
But again, we had this discussion before and it led to nothing. I don't see the point in repeating it.

You don't have to headcanon anything. That was just a proporsal for people that are unhappy with her behaviour. I certainly don't need to as I'm fine with the realtion between Yen and Ciri and wouldn't want any changes.

- True. And?

- Untrue. The games take the books as canon ( I sound like a broken record...).

- I already had to headcanon half the character interactions... please....

You being fine =/= me being fine.
Else I would be fine with how Triss is right now :)

-
She wanted to call herself Cirilla of Vengerberg,daughter of Yennefer,not Cirilla of Rivia,daughter of Geralt.And the whole "feelings can change" doesn't work,because Ciri's feelings for Vesemir didn't change,even though she haven't seen him for a much longer time.Ciri's relationship with Yen in the game is just a big hot mess(just like the whole act 3).

- Untrue. The games take the books as canon ( I sound like a broken record...).
How is that untrue? Can't Ciri's feelings towards Yennefer change after 6 years she didn't see her? Obviously CDP thought it's possible. I can agree that they should have explained it better and not only given indications that there are some trust issues.

Ciri is not a kid anymore, but it doesn't mean that she don't have any flaws, own opinions and feelings.

I don't care if Lambert, Eskel etc. are not very found of Yennefer, but I completely wasn't expected see that coldness from Ciri. If not she then who should support Yen?

If Geralt choose Triss is really that bad to say by Ciri something like: 'I understand your decision but I need time to accept'?

Last edited:
She wanted to call herself Cirilla of Vengerberg,daughter of Yennefer,not Cirilla of Rivia,daughter of Geralt.And the whole "feelings can change" doesn't work,because Ciri's feelings for Vesemir didn't change,even though she haven't seen him for a much longer time.Ciri's relationship with Yen in the game is just a big hot mess(just like the whole act 3).

I think feelings are a bit more complex and it doesn't work in the way that if the change towards one person they automatically have to change towards another person as well, Vesemir and Yennefer are not the same persons as far as I know and Ciri didn't have the same feelings towards them.

I think feelings are a bit more complex and it doesn't work in the way that if the change towards one person they automatically have to change towards another person as well, Vesemir and Yennefer are not the same persons as far as I know and Ciri didn't have the same feelings towards them.
Of course they were not the same.Her feelings for Yen were much stronger,than her feelings for Vesemir(in the books at least).

Vesemir and Yennefer are ot the same persons as far as I know and Ciri didn't have the same feelings towards them.

So her feelings towards her second most important person in life magically change but not for papa Vesemir (who was always far less important to her). How convinient..

We should stop pretending,making headcanons and other imaginations- and call it what it is - bad writing. Not the first time when it happens in TW3.

So her feelings towards her second most important person in life magically change but not for papa Vesemir (who was always far less important to her). How convinient..

We should stop pretending,making headcanons and other imaginations- and call it what it is - bad writing. Not the first time when it happens in TW3.

This. It's not like a "distance" between Ciri and Yen is generally unthinkable. It just lacks basic explanation and context and without that it's just complete bullshit.

Like I said many times before: either you just stick to the lore or you have to explain why you change it. Just changing it for reasons is nothing else than lazy and bad storytelling.

It's difficult to discuss if people insists a person can't change/grow. That the behaviour of a 12-16 years old girl has to be excatly the same as the behavior of a 22 years old woman.
She lashes out at Geralt if he refuses to visit Skjall's grave.She cares more about the person,she barely knew,than about her mother?

She lashes out at Geralt if he refuses to visit Skjall's grave.She cares more about the person,she barely knew,than about her mother?
They are saying that game Ciri doesn't think that Yennefer is her mother. You can't argue with this people.

Of course they were not the same.Her feelings for Yen were much stronger,than her feelings for Vesemir(in the books at least).
Yes and now in the games her feelings towards Vesemir are stronger. Maybe because she knows that Vesemir doesn't have any plans with her and doesn't push her towards a meeting with the emperor. Who knows.

How is that untrue? Can't Ciri's feelings towards Yennefer change after 6 years she didn't see her? Obviously CDP thought it's possible. I can agree that they should have explained it better and not only given indications that there are some trust issues.

It is illogical to have changed really. For all her "Make the player feel good" maturity...

Then why did they not change for Geralt? What CDP thinks possible is the actual point here... they are wrong....

Right.

But she hasn't seen Yennefer for years. She's on the run.

All of sudden she is aware of anything Yen did and distrusts her? People usually don't change without a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom