Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon discussion thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no mother/daughter relation between Ciri and Yen in the games. How much more evidence for a changed relationship do you want?
Lack of dialogue between two characters who aren't the main character nor directly involves him proves nothing besides needing more information. On the contrary, where is the dialogue that proves their relationship is the opposite so that I may change my game canon views?

I think you go much too far with interpretation. IMO there is no reason to think that relation between Yen and Ciri is different then in books. This relation is just not shown in the game. Mainly because we play Geralt and it is a game, not a book.

I agree that there could be more Yen Ciri interaction, but there are many things that could be added. Like Yen Triss quarrel, more romance scenes for Geralt with his chosen love, more changes in interactions with Triss and Yen (like, when you say Yen that you do not love her, then she do not kiss you at KM, while Triss do that) and so on, But all this makes game production longer, more expensive and more complicated. You need more dialogs, more cutscences, more coding and more voices made in many languages.

Last edited:
I think you go much too far with interpretation. IMO there is no reason to think that relation between Yen and Ciri is different then in books. It is just not shown in the game. Mainly because we play Geralt and it is a game, not a book.

I agree that there could be more Yen Ciri interaction, but there are many things that could be added. Like Yen Triss quarrel, more romance scenes for Geralt with his chosen love, more changes in interactions with Triss and Yen (like, when you say Yen that you do not love her, then she do not kiss you at KM, while Triss do that) and so on, But all this makes game production longer, more expensive and more complicated. You need more dialogs, more cutscences, more coding and more voices made in many languages.
legit explanation for me.

Santusak, may I ask about more eloquent reply? Currently Yen kisses Geralt there even if he is with Triss.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Yes and now in the games her feelings towards Vesemir are stronger. Maybe because she knows that Vesemir doesn't have any plans with her and doesn't push her towards a meeting with the emperor. Who knows.

Does Geralt also get silent treatment from Ciri if he suggest her to visit emperor?

Not magically, naturally. 6 years are a long time. it's possible that she even spent more time with Avallac'h between the ending of Lady of the Lake and the Witcher 3 vents than with Yennefer in the books. He also saved and protected her from the Wild Hunt and she trusts him. Why shouldn't she for instance have the same feelings towards him in Witcher 3, as to Yennefer in the books.?
Like mentioned before, it should have been explained better. But the situation itself doesn't seem unlikely imo.

Maybe because he hasn't act like a father but an interested Aen Elle elf about Ciri's powers. And because the supposed affection he could show for her is more about the Lara Dorren's clone he sees in Ciri's face (keeping in mind he, as all Aen Elle despise humans and make them their slaves). Maybe because those 6 years are those 6 but several less, if we keep in mind that CDPR makes Ciri's travelling for years from world to world, dimension to dimension, come back to rescue Geralt from the Red Riders and, then... maybe then she meets Avallac'h. Is so, the time both of them spent together are not superior to one year.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

He got non-silent treatment if he took money from emperor during their visit :dead:

p.s. if Geralt didn't take money - he got her respect.

I know that, its just this whole "Yennifer wants me to meet Emhyr -> she has plans for me" logic doesn't sound very convincing. Or are we to assume that Yen took emperor's money?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that, its just this whole "Yennifer wants me to meet Emhyr -> she has plans for me" logic doesn't sound too convicing. Or are wer to assume thet Yen took emperor's money?

No one, among players, exactly knows what happened. So we can only guess: what a real deal Emhyr and Yenn made.

Last edited:
She kisses him, because she's overjoyed he'd found Ciri and brought her to Kaer Morhen. It has nothing to do with romance.

Well, Yen kissing a man who told her that he do not love her, can be also considered against books lore and against her character... You just go into pointless offtopic in place which was not my point, but only demonstration of one of many places that could be changed taking into account Geralt choices.

Guest 3847602

No one, among players, exactly knows what happen. So we can only guess: what a real deal Emhyr and Yenn made.

Ok, I guess... It's just seems wierd to me that knowing Yennifer's feelings for her and knowing what she did for her in the past, she immediately distrusts her, but when Geralt tells her to meet Emhyr, she agrees to go without questioning him

Actually, what CDPR show us is an ecstatic happiness mother because the man who she still loves has achieve to rescue the daughter of both unharmed.

I am deeply sorry, but "ecstatic happines" and showing openly love toward a man who do not love her, do not suit Yen's personality from books :)

Asking again, cause I really don't know.

Ciri is cold to Yen since the first time they meet in game. On Kaer Morhen.

Geralt has been looking actively for Yennefer for months and didn't know she was in Nilfgaard.

Ciri is on the run, after returning, fleeing from Wild Hunt.

How exactly she knows that Yen is working with Duny? Why she believes Yen has plans for her with Nilfgaard if they haven't seen each other for years?

Why she distrusts her even without talking to her?

Unless I'm missing some fact I see no reason at all to believe Ciri could know if Yennefer was a prisoner or not in Nilfgaard... No reason to distrust.

Asking again, cause I really don't know.

Ciri is cold to Yen since the first time they meet in game. On Kaer Morhen.

Geralt has been looking actively for Yennefer for months and didn't know she was in Nilfgaard.

Ciri is on the run, after returning, fleeing from Wild Hunt.

How exactly she knows that Yen is working with Duny? Why she believes Yen has plans for her with Nilfgaard if they haven't seen each other for years?

Why she distrusts her even without talking to her?

Unless I'm missing some fact I see no reason at all to believe Ciri could know if Yennefer was a prisoner or not in Nilfgaard... No reason to distrust.
I think we need to use our imagination, CDPR doesn't provide any explanation at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom