Ciriously

+
AserPik said:
Saw the title on the general discussion part of the forum, immediately 'Emperorzorn' came to mind :p/>

Same here, I couldn't quite remember his username, but I thought "I bet it's that guy with Ciri in his avatar and signature." Now that I've got Blood of Elves and Times of Contempt under my belt, I'm starting to understand the addiction. :D

KnightofPhoenix said:
While of course it's not pedophilia, having a romance between Geralt and Ciri would feel incestious and I really hope they don't go down that road.

I'd much rather have a father - daughter dynamic between them, it's rarer and more in character.
And this should have been obvious to everyone from the start. I dunno who ever got the idea of a possible Ciri romance option but ciriously.

Shame on you, you sick, twisted bastard(s).

None of her fans have any interest in a geralt/ciri romance. its disgusting. what we want is a father/daughter; master/student interaction.

Personally what ive found appealing of Ciri/Geralt is that she brought a different side to geralt. He wasnt just this dark and edgy anti-hero. she gave him some humanity.

Sirnaq said:
Remember that not only father-daughter but also master-apprentice relation is going on. Geralt is largely responsible for what Ciri have become. Ciri isn't just some sweet girl, she is killing machine. When she was 16 years old she killed one of the best swordmasters known to witcher world, witcher-slayer Leo Bonhart. God only knows how she developed over these 4 years. Not to mention teleporting, time and dimension traveling. If i had to describe her in 2 words then Mary Sue would be appropriate.

Strongly disagree with you. A Mary Sue is a character who has no flaws, not one who is overpowered.

Ciri might have a lot of BS powers, but she also has many flaws.

Uuh, maybe we can stop with the expressions of disgust about things which HAVEN'T been suggested in this thread?

I know what was said in the earlier thread, but it hasn't been repeated here, so there's no need to bring it up, and DEFINITELY no need to start accusing anyone.

arkblazer said:
Ciri might have a lot of BS powers, but she also has many flaws.

Well, then name some of those flaws, because i really can't think of any. Ciri had horrible life but it only made her stronger.

Senteria said:
I love you, Emperorzorn.
Had a good laugh. :)

You are all welcome, my friends !

I'm glad my fanatic nonsense put a smile on your faces. :p

And HumanHonor put a grin on mine with this:

Excellent work !

I love Geralt's expression on it, it's like: "What the... ?"

Sirnaq said:
Well, then name some of those flaws, because i really can't think of any. Ciri had horrible life but it only made her stronger.

She was arrogant, cowardly, haughty, vengeful, short tempered, hard headed, stubborn. Actually she even has more flaws than Geralt.

I know i've said it before, but since you seem to be an anime fan. if there is a type of character that she reminds me of is a tsundere. Especially she always reminded me of Asuka from Evangelion. Yeah sure she is beautiful, talented and smart. But she still has alot of character flaws.

@: Zom

D'at cirial edit was hilarious, bro.

arkblazer said:
She was arrogant, cowardly, haughty, vengeful, short tempered, hard headed, stubborn. Actually she even has more flaws than Geralt.

Wouldn't call that big flaws. You named some of her characteristics not necesairly faults. Also she was braver then most in her situation.

emperorzorn said:
And HumanHonor put a grin on mine with this:

Excellent work !

I love Geralt's expression on it, it's like: "What the... ?"

Maybe its just geralt getting his memory back?

Ohh and these cirials are awesome,cant wait to see what the next crazy thing you post :p/>

Sirnaq said:
Wouldn't call that big flaws. You named some of her characteristics not necesairly faults. Also she was braver then most in her situation.

Disagree They are still flaws, a mary sue doesn' t have any. Honestly, i think you just have a bias against her, but fine what are to you " Big flaws"? and while you are at it what are those big flaws that characters like Geralt and Triss have? and in what way those that i named "arrogant, cowardly, haughty, vengeful, short tempered, hard headed, stubborn" not flaws?

She still had moments of cowardice wich made her look human. in blood of the elves when the scoiatel attacked even though she had combat training she froze which was the natural human response. in how many stories some rookie kid starts kicking ass from the get go?

In most of the novels even though she had some combat training and powers she still spent most of her time running away.

When she was a bandit she became bitter and abusive.

Geralt isn't dimetiontraveling timelord on top of being best swordsman on the world. Triss isn't that either. Ciri is just broken. And yes it is part of witcher books that i consider bad writing.She is the closest thing to mary sue in witcher world.

dragonbird said:
Uuh, maybe we can stop with the expressions of disgust about things which HAVEN'T been suggested in this thread?

I know what was said in the earlier thread, but it hasn't been repeated here, so there's no need to bring it up, and DEFINITELY no need to start accusing anyone.
You missed several prime occasions of adding a "ciriously" or two into your reproach :(

Sirnaq said:
Geralt isn't dimetiontraveling timelord on top of being best swordsman on the world. Triss isn't that either. Ciri is just broken. And yes it is part of witcher books that i consider bad writing.She is the closest thing to mary sue in witcher world.

Again, an overpowered, broken character is not the same as a mary sue.

Is Superman a Mary Sue? Is Goku?

HumanHonor said:
"- Ves, bring us food and drink.
- Ciriously, shame you didn't think of that earlier."

The only thing that came to my mind when I saw this picture was: "Why does Roche eats cereal with sausages?" I mean, I can understand wine, as a replacement for a milk, but that's just bizarre.

To the extent that "Mary Sue" is used not as a proper character description but as a putdown, it's quite meaningless. Used properly, you can see that even elevated literature is full of Mary Sues. Dickens and Victor Hugo specialized in them, and their works endure on the strength of heroines (and heroes) who are too good to be true.

It's only when an author's blindness to his runaway idealization of a character gets in the way that it becomes a problem. Ciri is so far from being blindly idealized that the "Mary Sue" putdown just doesn't stick.

Sirnaq said:
I don't agree with your definition of mary sue. Mary sue is annoying, usually self-insert of an author that is nearly perfect at everything they do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_sue

http://www.urbandict...p?term=mary+sue

Nothing about flawless characters.

So she is a mary sue because you find her annoying? so if i dont find her annoying she is not a mary sue? isnt it just subjective then?

a self insert of the author? so you think the author, an old man, self inserted himself into a teenage princess?

who is he? kenny from south park? :p

in all honestly i think geralt would be closer to an author self-insert, even his relation of yennefer smell of self insertion.

and nearly perfect at what they do? Ciri was never perfect at what she did, she spent most of the novels screwing up.

on the other hand geralt has been nearly perfect at what he does as a witcher.

Top Bottom