Ciri's Double

+
Ciri's Double

I'm sorry, if there is already is such a thread. if yes: Please delete it.
(in advance... I'm not perfect in english ;) )

I have a question and was not sure if I ask it, cause I really love the witcher series very much. Besides to very few point the adaption of the story of the novels in the games is amazing.
But why is the story about Ciri's double / doppelganger / look-alike / fake completely erased from the story?
This was a major point in the novels, and it would affected the main quest in a great way, if this part of the novels wasn't take away from the game.

So, maybe it is a question directly to CDPR: Why is the story with Ciri's double not part of the game?

Last edited:
So, maybe it is a question directly to CDPR: Why is the story with Ciri's double not part of the game?
This has been asked before, however, I don't think it was ever thoroughly explained. Beyond this, I don't have any more helpful information. Sorry.

Apparently it was originally planned that "fake Ciri" plays the role that Cerys plays in the game.
There are some information about it in this thread:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...14-leaks-(copied-from-Reddit)?highlight=cerys

There is an early concept art of the "Queen Cerys" ending, in which she pretty much looks like Ciri.

Last edited:
Thank you, Scryar. Could be a reason why Cerys come "out of nowhere" (don't get this wrong I like her) but only Hjalmar was mentioned in the novels.
Have to check this thread. Thank you :)

But nevertheless, it would took some changes in the main story, if fake Ciri wasn't cut out off the game. Dunno if the DCPR people read every post. But I really want to know why.

We all do. :) I love Cerys's character, but perhaps they could have had both.

Maybe one day they'll tell us, when they decide to talk about a certain elf from the previous game as well. ;)

God ol' Iorweth, right? Yeah, this is a intersting fact, too. Maybe after B&W is over, and Witcher 3 too, they tell us more.

Top Bottom