Civilization VI Officially announced!

+
Civilization VI Officially announced!

I've just seen the announcment on YT with the video! Sounds great! Looking forward to hear more!

Way too great news! I hope it will endure the test of time like previous ones (except Civ BE).

Big names are piling up between late 2016 - early 2017, deus ex, battlefield 1, mass effect 4, dawn of war III, now Civ VI, there were 2 or 3 more releases as well which i cant remember now.

What Civs would everyone like to be introduced this time?

I was really happy to play as some of the native american and african civilizations in Civ 5, I hope they don't get rid of them.

My fave Civ to play as in 5 was China though. It'll be interesting to see which Civs get which bonuses this time around.

What Civs would everyone like to be introduced this time?

I was really happy to play as some of the native american and african civilizations in Civ 5, I hope they don't get rid of them.

My fave Civ to play as in 5 was China though. It'll be interesting to see which Civs get which bonuses this time around.

My absolute favourite was violent Cultural victories - Assyria and the Aztecs. I also liked Venice, France, The Mayans, Russia, Arabia... hmmm. It would probably be faster to list the ones I don't like. Austria, Carthage, Turkey.

It looks like there's big changes, anyway, not the usual incremental change that means you need to wait for the first big expansion pack before you appreciate the difference.

they told us that almost every system from the complete Civ V will be included in the sequel: trade routes, religious systems, archaeology…there’ll be no need to wait for expansions, it’s all in the base game.

Civilization VI does to the city what Civilization V did to the military.

Beach refers to the new mechanic as “unstacking the cities”. “The unstacking of armies revolutionised the way the military side of the game played out and we’re making a similar change on the economic side of the game. Everything is now placed on the map, blowing the cities apart. All of the upgrades that you build are now spread across the landscape in the area of control of each city.”

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/11/civilization-vi-details/
:nice:

The screenshots look terrible.

I've put a lot of hours into previous titles, especially IV and V, so naturally I'm excited what's in store.

Speaking of CIV V, you all should try Community Balance Patch with RED mods. It really makes wonders for the game. Plays so much better.

Actually, I'm quite liking the style so far. It looks reminiscent of Civ IV, whose artistic side I loved. I am also quite intrigued about the active research and the new tile system (because let's be fair, the previous tile improvement stuff got stale after all these years and hundreds of hours of Civ). If they implement it properly - and if they did not keep 90% of the features for future DLC as always - this new Civ might be quite refreshing, even for an experienced historical 4X player. Which is quite awesome.

Same project lead as Civ V's expansions. He's been on the Civilization team for a couple games now.

I like their emphasis on terrain. Putting the "eXploit" back in 4X. In Civ V most Civilizations had one strategy you played with them every time without adapting to new advantages or threats.

Last edited:
Wow, Civ 6 looks like it will be really good fun. I am pleased with everything I saw in the video. I also think it's cool how they've added a feature so if you do certain tasks it will help you discover technologies faster.

^^ I thought that was really interesting. Literally every technology has one, too. That said, the feature I'm most excited for is the civic tree and governments.

Yes! It reminds me of civ 2 test of time where you could pick and choose your government type, only this one looks to be far more sophisticated.

One thing I miss from the original civ game is the palace building and the panel of advisors who would pop up every now and then to give you amusing advice.

I can't wait for the meaningful city/upgrade planning (rather than spamming farms, trading posts and stuff around based on what I need at that moment). I think that's gonna change the "exploit" part of the game A LOT. We are gonna have to spend a lot of time really strategizing and planning the future of our civilization. I think - if implemented correctly - that's going to be a great game changer.

One thing I miss from the original civ game is the palace building and the panel of advisors who would pop up every now and then to give you amusing advice.

Oh yeah... I completely forgot about those... :D Those advisors were really funny.

Oh yeah... I completely forgot about those... :D Those advisors were really funny.

The Luxury advisor who was always really stoned made me laugh the most. The Military advisor always yelled at me though because I always focused on my economy/science and building cities so he'd get super mad and then the science and economics advisors would start arguing with him. Good times.

Yup, it shows clearly what you built on each tile. Also, I think the style is quite like a model 3D map. Like you have this 3D map table in your chamber of rule and you are giving orders on it. I am liking it more and more honestly.

Top Bottom