Clan Tuirseach Axeman + Savage Bear = Rage Thread

+
No Title

I also believe that some kind of change is needed to the axemen. It is currently buffing when units are removed, and the rate of str gain using double Yennifer, Harald, Zoltan, and Tremors is quite powerful.

After facing the SK axemen deck a few times i decided to follow the old adage "If you can't beat them join them".

With the following deck i have climbed 3 ranks in 2 days with fairly casual play time:

Attachments

• photo109220.jpg
    photo109220.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 30
TheAnhsor;n7734380 said:
After facing the SK axemen deck a few times i decided to follow the old adage "If you can't beat them join them".

Nooo, don't join the dark side... let's all fight against the cheese ;)

I have not been following the thread from the beginning because I am lazy to read all 7 pages, but holy hell this Axeman thing just got crazier and crazier. Even removing cards from the battlefield is counted as "weakened" - what the heck??? Once I made a mistake to revive Blueboy Lugos whale + play Yennefer Conjurer. It was a feast to them and the board looked like a circus every turn.

lpredrum136;n7736830 said:
I have not been following the thread from the beginning because I am lazy to read all 7 pages, but holy hell this Axeman thing just got crazier and crazier. Even removing cards from the battlefield is counted as "weakened" - what the heck??? Once I made a mistake to revive Blueboy Lugos whale + play Yennefer Conjurer. It was a feast to them and the board looked like a circus every turn.

Although I don't find the axemans as problematic of past lame tactics like Poor Fukcing Infantry, the Axeman is a bit silly right now to be fair. He also gets buffed every time you devour one of your own units playing monsters. I think some of those edge cases should probably be polished. We'll see.

Sounds like the Hotfix solved this issue?

curious . i havent had much time to play the last couple days

TheShift;n7742820 said:
Sounds like the Hotfix solved this issue?

Not at all, the only thing the hotfix addressed was the fact that if you put adrenaline rush on an axeman before he would also gain 1 strength for every unit removed from the round as the board clears when everyone passed: "Tuirseach Axeman with Resilience will not be buffed by Units cleared from the Battlefield at the end of the round"

Axemen are still buffed when you use Phillipa on the or Dbomb or weather or anything else as long as there are 2 or more on the row, they still buff when monsters consume one another, when you try to damage his units with lacerate or any other card in your deck that damages or devours anyone and all the other various scenarios which make anything you do count against you.

I agree that the axemen are unbalancing the game.

I played an opponent today who had only one axemen. Seeing the card, I passed the first hand

Second hand, he had two besides other less influential cards. He kept zapping and slashing and what not all over the place to buff himself. Luckily for me I had a gold-maker Northern Realms deck and could put a stop to it at some point and refrained from playing my reinforced ballistas till the end. And copied/stole his buffed up points with a Dudu at the end

If not for a largely gold deck, I don't know how he could be stopped.

If the card was buffed only by damage from the opposition, it would be much fairer.

I find that deck only slightly annoying and VERY predictable. I won most of my games against it with a dwarven buff deck with scorch/Igni/dimiterium bomb. I am guessing Shiruu would also work nicely (especially for round 3 to block restore). It is all about using the "resets" on the axeman at the right time. Of Course if you end up with only 0-1 countercards then you are almost guaranteed to loose... but i do not think the deck is OP.

There is only one solution for this dilemma - it should only count on the own table - clearly not on both. The numbers they get are just ridiculous.

Even if you're lucky and draw counters (which are dilute), they can instantly regain the points by playing only one of the following harald, yennefer dark horse, stammelford's tremours, wiley.

Marcin_Momot;n7790180 said:
Just wanted to let you know that we're looking into the axemen issue with them getting some unintended points. Once we have a fix in place, we will implement it as soon as we can.

Hooray! Thanks for the official response, the end of rage-pain is in sight :)

Top Bottom