Closed Beta is Now Live!

+
Is there a chance to obtain a beta access key for a friend, when I already have access for the closed beta?

I am a bit confused... I got the closed beta invitation in my mailbox... I redeemed the code given in the mail on my GOG account... The game appears in my library but no downloadable file available...

I am very dumb but, where can i download the client for the closed beta please ?

Djaron;n6892020 said:
I am a bit confused... I got the closed beta invitation in my mailbox... I redeemed the code given in the mail on my GOG account... The game appears in my library but no downloadable file available...

I am very dumb but, where can i download the client for the closed beta please ?

Have you downloaded GOG Galaxy? I'm not sure if you can install games without it. When you have done that, you should have option to install.

The reason why you have too use GOG Galaxy for this is most likely because Gwent is in closed beta atm. Plus it takes your account credentials to be able to play online.

Sunsibar;n6893140 said:
Have you downloaded GOG Galaxy? I'm not sure if you can install games without it. When you have done that, you should have option to install.
Oh i see... You can only install it through Galaxy...

Anyway that worries me for the futur, when final Gwent game would be released:
Gog Galaxy is yet still in beta and lacks many features or UI functions (like a default setting for autoupdate or manual for every game... Damnit, when i installed it - never use it usually - for the Gwent beta, it began to update every gog games on my drive, but i had to manually select each one after one to set up manual update... Nightmare)

Also, GOG always told that Galaxy would be optional. I hope we will still be able to play gwent single player without it, and that they will try to build in the core game the networks parts that are - for now - handled by galaxy for beta purpose... if not, we will have a mandatory client (and a beta flawed one) in order to play games at their fullest; would be dissapointing

Hey Guys! :D

Just wanted to say thank you so much for such an awesome game! I'm having loads of fun playing and the game is so beautiful!

I hope to get the chance to play Gwent with as many of you as possible!
I'm super new to this forum so I'm still learning my way around it! I've been forum modding for about 3 years so I know how annoying it is to post in the wrong place and such!

Does anyone know where I can find a thread to meet newcomers to the Beta and just get to chat about this and that, I don't want to post in the wrong place!

Ta muchly and I'm so excited to finally be playing this game now its live!

Cheers!

Spoons :)

ImLittleSpoons;n6898520 said:
Does anyone know where I can find a thread to meet newcomers to the Beta and just get to chat about this and that, I don't want to post in the wrong place!

Welcome to the forums :)

We don't have special place for newcomers specified to Gwent, but you can always join in the conversations in General Discussion and Tactician's Corner. Check the sticky posts there for more information. You may also want to check official Gwent FAQ, which gives you answers to some questions you may have at the moment.

If you want to know more about these forums and off topic discussions, feel free to ask :)

Last edited:
Sunsibar;n6899130 said:

We don't have special place for newcomers specified to Gwent, but you can always join in the conversations in General Discussion and Tactician's Corner. Check the sticky posts there for more information. You may also want to check official Gwent FAQ, which gives you answers to some questions you may have at the moment.

If you want to know more about these forums and off topic discussions, feel free to ask :)

Sunsibar;n6899130 said:

Thanks Sunsibar! I'll be sure to check those links out and thanks for the welcome! :D

Hi,

I want to know too when I got my code for beta testing? I subscribed for beta testing, don't remember exactly the day, but it's was june or july and still waiting that.

Regards,
Evilkiss

Anybody still need a code? I have 2 extras. Send me a PM. First come first serve. Both have been claimed.

Last edited:
pitras350;n6917830 said:
Are they any dates when you release more keys? Or is it as random as it goes?
In the official FAQ it says:
I signed up for the Closed Beta. When will I get access?
The simplest answer is: soon. We’re inviting users in waves and it’s hard to predict when and how big each wave is going to be. We want to share GWENT with as many people as we can and we’re working hard to make that happen.

Top Bottom