Closed Beta launch date -- a message from the GWENT Team

+
I'm very new fan. I'm still playing TW3 and I just bought your first 5 books (reading the 2nd atm).
Take the time you need.
Mostly people here already know the game franchise and have some idea what we'd see, patience won't be a problem.
But to bring attention from folks out there to this game we must deliver the best experience possible.
I know we are talking about a closed beta, but you should remind yourself that some people will be streaming and it's probably on top of twitch like newer games do.
So a good first impression even in a beta should matter.
Sadly my work holidays won't have Gwent (it ends in October) but I'll live with that.
I really hope Gwent will shine like Hearthstone is doing and you guys surely have my support.

Although I'm gutted as I'm really looking forward to playing this stand alone release, in a day and age where games are pushed out the door without a strong commitment to quality control standards I really appreciate you guys sticking to your guns and pushing back a release date to ensure you release good content.

You guys and girls take whatever time you need. Your fanbase will still be here and eager as ever to play, me included.

See you in October!

October, hum That's going to be tough to get people battlefield 1 comes out before you Cod comes the week after you and ff7 you guys are really going to have to step up. A lot of big games come out in october.

I think we all have to remember that this is the beta we are talking about. Not the finished product. Even if the beta comes out during the busy season it's still fine I think. CCG games cater to a specific market and if your a real fan of Gwent/Witcher or a CCG fanatic you will play the beta no matter what. I do understand that the more players who play the more feedback they will get and fix any balancing issues they might have. However I think there will be more then enough experienced gwent and CCG players on who will be able to give quality feedback. Not to mention CDPR are doing there own testing.

October, hum That's going to be tough to get people battlefield 1 comes out before you Cod comes the week after you and ff7 you guys are really going to have to step up. A lot of big games come out in october.

I don't think CDPR will have to worry about that since their reputation of Witcher 3. If Gwent becomes awesome, it will be great anyway. Also Battlfield and COD players are not really the players that might want to play Gwent. Witcher 3 came out in the year of Fallout 4 and MGS V, and while most people were more hyped about FO4, W3 was the true champion. If your product is good, you don't have to be afraid of others, others have to be afraid from you.

But if you really want to argue like that, you should rather say: "Gwent Beta comes out at a similar time as the Hearthstone expansion "A night in Kharazam"". Since both are online card games and many people will decide to play either A or B, or both :) While a Battlfield player might not want to play Gwent, even when Gwent comes out in a year with 0 fps games.

I don't think CDPR will have to worry about that since their reputation of Witcher 3. If Gwent becomes awesome, it will be great anyway. Also Battlfield and COD players are not really the players that might want to play Gwent. Witcher 3 came out in the year of Fallout 4 and MGS V, and while most people were more hyped about FO4, W3 was the true champion. If your product is good, you don't have to be afraid of others, others have to be afraid from you.

But if you really want to argue like that, you should rather say: "Gwent Beta comes out at a similar time as the Hearthstone expansion "A night in Kharazam"". Since both are online card games and many people will decide to play either A or B, or both :) While a Battlfield player might not want to play Gwent, even when Gwent comes out in a year with 0 fps games.
I totally agree and it was the same point I was trying to make with my previous post. Also just to reiterate this is the beta that is launching and not the actual finished product.

Not really, gamer is a gamer....i like to play Battlefield and Gwent as well. And I'm pretty sure there is thousands like me. Plus Battlefield and COD not the only games coming out in October, I mentioned already:

(Games out in October - Final Fantasy XV, Gears of War 4, Mafia 3, PlayStation VR, Battlefield 1, The Last Guardian, Skyrim Remaster, Titanfall 2, Civilization VI and new Call of Duty which people hate it but breaking sales record every year anyway.
Quite a lot distractions from Gwent - I'm not compering them to card game, this is completely different type of game just making point.
Oct 25th - premiere of The Last Guardian (one of the most anticipated game of decade) - Servers not gonna break in gwent that day.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Just heard the news. After playing TW3 and loving gwent, it was beyond hope that CDPR would actually make a standalone version of the game at all. So since it was announced I've been really excited and appreciative. If more time is needed to make the game amazing, that's fine by me. Not going to lie, the wait is painful but I'm very excited now for October 25th.[/FONT]

Thats why I love CD Projekt RED! Take as much time as you need! I think everybody here wants to wait a bit longer but play a more polished version :)

To be honest CD Projekt Red knows how to take care of there community. they are honest and tell you about a delay in good time.. Not like Hello games that does it 3 days before launch and does not even give a good reason like fixing critical bugs ( and it seems that is the issue right now) So of course they are excused and i feel no disappointment at all. And thats the reason why so many people love cdpr. They tell you about thing in time and are honest why... no one can get angry because of that!!! <3 take the time it needs and thanks .. really look forward to the beta !

What about PlayStation4 ?

---------- Updated at 07:30 AM ----------

And is there any chance we will see this game coming to PlayStation Vita?

Top Bottom