Closed Beta launch date -- a message from the GWENT Team

+
Closed Beta launch date -- a message from the GWENT Team

Dear Gamers,

At E3 we announced that we’d launch the Closed Beta of GWENT: The Witcher Card Game in September. Unfortunately, we feel we need some extra time with the game before we hand it off to you for testing. We know we can make a first impression only once, and want to be sure everything is ready before we blast off. Delivering a good game is more important to us than keeping a deadline. Still, that doesn’t mean we don’t realize that delays can be disappointing, and we apologize for making you wait. Closed Beta will now begin on October 25th.

Love,
The GWENT Team

mjul

Forum veteran
A bit disappointing, but it's only a month. I just hope that you take the initial feedback, especially the one on this forum, seriously and really spend that extra month on polishing the game and addressing any potential balance issues. If the closed beta is a success you can see a lot of streamers hosting it and it would boost Gwent's popularity by a lot, which is probably one of the reasons you decided to postpone the initial launch of the beta.

Can't wait for more info to come! Especially some regarding new cards.

Delivering a good game is more important to us than keeping a deadline. Still, that doesn’t mean we don’t realize that delays can be disappointing, and we apologize for making you wait. Closed Beta will now begin on October 25th.

I agree with F4ITH, it is the way you work that makes you so different from other studios. And it is why we are with you till the beginning of the Witcher 1. Keep on this way, it is simply the best.

;)

Of course I understand the delay, but still it really saddens me. The september release was perfectly fitting my calendar, because of holidays and other game releases. :sadtriss:
well I hope you guys show us enough great stuff for me to regain the hype.^^

God damn!
I heard many times from you, that BETA is actually completed, ready and what happened?
I was counting days already, so close and this happened. Yes, I know you want deliver better product but still....

Beginning of September was perfect time before all big games coming in October...and now players have find time to properly test Gwent just in the middle of most busiest month (Games out in October - Final Fantasy XV, Gears of War 4, Mafia 3, PlayStation VR, Battlefield 1, The Last Guardian, Skyrim Remaster, Titanfall 2, Civilization VI and new Call of Duty which people hate it but breaking sales record every year anyway.
Quite a lot distractions from Gwent - I'm not compering them to card game, this is completely different type of game just making point.
Oct 25th - premiere of The Last Guardian (one of the most anticipated game of decade) - Servers not gonna break in gwent that day.

I think we are all a bit disappointed, but I want this game to be successful. This is obviously the right move for the game, Keep putting out quality work and you will be rewarded!! I am proud to support this game, and this company.

Imagine. Delayed Qwent card game for so they can finish GOTY perfectly = new quests and additonal corvo bianco stuff... hmmm. maybe? rofl

Imagine. Delayed Qwent card game for so they can finish GOTY perfectly = new quests and additonal corvo bianco stuff... hmmm. maybe? rofl

Do not get your hopes. You not gonna see full game this year. Will be good if Gwent fully will be released in March.

Do not get your hopes. You not gonna see full game this year. Will be good if Gwent fully will be released in March.

He's talking about witcher 3 goty .. honestly as much as I love the witcher some new quests are a waste of resources .. either go big like the expansions or don't do it at all.

I meant for Witcher 3. Qwent will be insane and i can't wait. But i was just wondering, they most likely have the voice actors there doing voices for the new QWENT game, maybe they could finally correct some of the mistakes they made in the game with simple short 1-2 minute dialogues or even a Ciri turning up at the vineyard with Yen = perfect game can say goodbye and would feel amazing. I just don't understand what they have against it, they can just script it and contact the necessary voice actors. But back to QWENT, i remember learning how to play it in the main game, took me a while now i feel like an expert :D tho im sure online i would be proven to be a noob!

---------- Updated at 04:34 PM ----------

He's talking about witcher 3 goty .. honestly as much as I love the witcher some new quests are a waste of resources .. either go big like the expansions or don't do it at all.
Well that isn't true. They made i believe 4 DLC side quests, they wasn't huge and people enjoyed them.

Last edited:
I was counting days already, so close and this happened. Yes, I know you want deliver better product but still....

I'm completely with you. Gwent is seriously the only thing I was looking forward to in the next months, except Dragonball which releases on 28th october, but the hype isn't even comparable. You also listed some great games, though I'll buy them next year when they are cheaper.

I'm trying to see it positive, more time to read the Witcher books I haven't finished yet, maybe to play TW1 again.

This is a really bitter pill for me to swallow, but I know you will have good reasons and the way it is communicated to us is something I really appreciate.

The only thing I hope for now is that I, and the other people who were very much looking forward to Beta release, actually get into the beta on 25th October.

And a small reminder. Please stay on topic. This thread is not about GOTY or Witcher 3.

Dude, that blue color on the wooden Gwent background hurts my eyes :-/

As a "consumer" of your products since your first Witcher game it's not a surprise for me, that the release for the beta gets delayed. It matters that the first impressions and the final game will be great.

Though for the future: Maybe you should use your terms "soon" or "when it's ready"-from the CP2077 trailer, more often instead of saying "September this year" at E3, when you are not sure if you can deliver in time...

So... maybe as a small compensation and to let the time fly a bit faster in the upcoming month... maybe you could share some new screens/cards? :youdontsay: :smiling2:

Last edited:
Top Bottom