Closed location? Does anyone know what this is?

+
This location does not seem to have any entrances: the doors are locked and the window of the roof is also locked, although the little windows on the side are open, through which you can year a radio playing from the inside.
This location has several crates with rare items, and also has datapads (i spotted two). There is also a hackable computer.
Maybe this is from a life path specific mission (my V is a street kid), or part of a mission that was discontinued...

20210302190946_1.jpg

20210302191940_1.jpg

map location:
loc_map.png

view remote control laptop:
20210302191428_1.jpg

surroundings of the building:
closed_surroundings.jpg

That is Claire's garage, you can go in during the side mission ' The beast in me '

Yeah what a waste, one short visit and then never again. So if you get in there via the mission do not forget to pick up what ever you can while you have the chance. It is also strange they will not let you break the sky window to let you get inside, all the other similar buildings I tried I was able to break the glass and drop down inside. It is like they are protecting some future mission triggers in there or something.

This is something I only tried for one location and blanking out on because in most cases glass doesn't break.

I had the opposite experience for CLEAR glass. The shaded or frosted stuff never breaks. Nor the windows that look inside of fake interiors. But anyplace I could look into and see the icons for components around the interior I was able to break thru. At least the buildings I was on top of. I do a lot of extreme Parkour, so maybe they are windows the DEV did not expect a player to try to break thru.

Just did this in fact at the chem doctor's (Roger Wang) building near the tiger claws base.

I finished "Shark in the Water" so I do not know if that made any difference or not but jump on the roof here from the high building, then you can break the LARGE panel of glass that looks down inside. Drop down inside to take what you want. Getting back out is a little tricky, you may need the doubled jump!

1614725143814.png

1614725125909.png

Post automatically merged:

There was another one where I had to assassinate a guy in a bar and I got up on the roof and shot him thru the sky window. This also broke the glass.

I another building where the front gate guard was from the animals gang I think (she was a very big muscular woman with a nasty attitude). This was near Rivers home and was a mission with River. To get in I had to do the same thing (get in the building from the roof breaking the glass window).

So again it shocked me when Clair's garage window would not break. Seems suspiciously like the DEV was protecting something in there? :shrug:

Last edited:
Yeah what a waste, one short visit and then never again. So if you get in there via the mission do not forget to pick up what ever you can while you have the chance. It is also strange they will not let you break the sky window to let you get inside, all the other similar buildings I tried I was able to break the glass and drop down inside. It is like they are protecting some future mission triggers in there or something.
You can actually get in there after the mission. There is an open window up high on the side of the building. You need the super jump legs to get in. You also can't get out once you get in there though, so it's kinda pointless.

You can actually get in there after the mission. There is an open window up high on the side of the building. You need the super jump legs to get in. You also can't get out once you get in there though, so it's kinda pointless.

Thanks! I will try it anyway. I thought I was trapped in the med building for a while but I found a way to climb out so I want to try this one as well. You can laugh at me later once I find I cannot get out! :)

Guest 4520369

If you're on pc and willing to use mods, I find these invaluable for exploring "closed" areas:

Happy hunting!

That is Claire's garage, you can go in during the side mission ' The beast in me '

Ow... yes... It was always a possibility that it was closed of quest area... I finished that mission during the first week of playing, must've forgot. During that time I wasn't concerned with looting everything, seeing that everything takes place in a connected city i wrongly supposed you could just come back at a later time...

Indeed! the glass on the roof seems so artificial, you should be able to get in there! Felt fairly frustrated and had to unload some clips of my rifle on the damned thing hahah.

I suppose you skipped "The Beast in Me" quest.

Oh no, not really :) I let
Clair kill the Corpo rat, it was the least i felt i could do

Top Bottom