Closed/Open Beta Throwback Thread

+
Hi there.

After the "homecoming" reveal I started to reminisce of how gwent used to be in closed beta and still have some screenshots from back then which I wanted to share.

So this will be a throwback thread to post screenshots/videos of the closed beta gwent if any of us are still around. Screenshots showing cards original effects and oldschool decks etc.

P.S. Doesn't just have to be from closed beta but I'm interested to see mostly stuff from then. You can post open beta stuff from a time you feel the game was still gwent at it's core.

Here's some from me to get it rolling.

MAP0wnu - Imgur.jpg
kwsbAnC - Imgur.jpg
MgpqcQx - Imgur.jpg
wR9dhPS - Imgur.jpg
fVamMJu - Imgur.jpg
Wws4iPp - Imgur.jpg

Gwent.jpg

Ah, memories. :D

Shame this is the only really old (from 2016) screenshot that I have. Foltest's ability was such a Scorch/Igni bait -- unless the cards were Promoted. :p
So weird seeing Thaler as a 6 and without the Spying icon.

A bit of a mixture, mostly on the older side. Apologies for the bad phone picture too.

Last edited:
Ah, memories. :D

Shame this is the only really old (from 2016) screenshot that I have. Foltest's ability was such a Scorch/Igni bait -- unless the cards were Promoted. :p
So weird seeing Thaler as a 6 and without the Spying icon.

Yeah Foltest decks were fun, just grinning at the original op weather hehe. :D

A bit of a mixture, mostly on the older side. Apologies for the bad phone picture too.

Ah the Milva roach combo.. and then sadly remembered how many times they had changed Priscilla then butchered her. ;/ Just how Phillipa got nerfed. I liked her effect when it were this;

X27ObZl - Imgur.jpg

Didn't make any screenshots, but I've recorded some videos.

Nice you have some vids to look back on. I remember running a Monster Fog build and drawing crones with 1 gold against Pthf, still managed to win somehow. ^)

Hr8yxSY - Imgur.jpg

3eTSBwU - Imgur.jpg

EREDIN CONTROL, in the start of open beta. i had a sick combo with bloodcurdling roar on harpies, madroeme on the bear, resulting 20points katakan finisher !!

Although I'm very sceptical about HC, I actually made the uninstall picture some time ago (in fact I uninstalled the game several times after Midwinter):

Midwinter......jpg

DRK3

Forum veteran
If you guys want more pics... i became a bit obsessed with "documenting" my journey on Gwent, so i got easily over 500 screenshots (never figured out how to record videos...), spanning October '16 till i stopped, May '18.

Any requests, eheheh?

Top Bottom