Closed/Open Beta Throwback Thread

+
Still one of the most wtf matches I've ever had. Skip to 3:30 for the cheese.

Ah yes, the good old days. I'll admit that was the first tactic I used during the start of closed beta. Incidentally, that was something I thought of myself. Not that it was particular difficult to figure out. Anyhow, still nice you beat the opponent.

I remember this tactic being used against me in one of my very first matches I've played. Man, there used to be so many broken stuff during CB, but the game improved a lot till the end of CB. Can't say this about OB....if you ignore the weather mess at the beginning of OB, I actually think the game got a lot worse.

If you guys want more pics... i became a bit obsessed with "documenting" my journey on Gwent, so i got easily over 500 screenshots (never figured out how to record videos...), spanning October '16 till i stopped, May '18.

Show me some end of CB stuff, please.

i had a crazy deck to counter braindead scumatel, got to 5k mmr in CB.
the idea was to dodge scorch, so Earth elemental + wild hunt raiders, thunderbolt and venom. wiley to banish roach,grifin to steal scorch
and round 2: oldspeartip + CIRILLA!

DRK3

Forum veteran
@BornBoring Sure thing. End of CB was May 2017, im not sure why but i dont have anything between March and May, but i'll show what i have:
My First Monsters Deck (Updated Version).jpg

Here's one of my first monster decks, Monsters was actually the last faction i started playing. Cant remember what the goal was here, but man i miss the Villentretenmerth's ability to double scorch.
Poor Guy.jpg

Ahhhh, the old Twisted Mirror... it was basically the same as today's Letho + Regis
When you dont get any of the 3 Cards you Need.jpg

And of course, a swarm match... where i got tremendous bad luck and didnt get any of the cards i needed to do my own swarm and destroy his...

Throwback I do say. ')
Pixel cdp.jpg

Ah the classic cheese deck of which thankfully we had old Phillipa to deal with. She was OP but I miss her.
I wish I took more screens from further back, only started taking them when I realised how abruptly card effects were changing in patches. If anyone has a pic of old Iorveth dealing six damage of which he could also target golds please post. He were my favourite alongside Schirru with such a fitting effect for the artwork.

DRK3

Forum veteran
@FG15-ISH7EG That's pretty awesome. In all of my playtime, and i was never actually able to fill my board or see the opponent's filled, the most i've got was actually this week, but he kept destroying some of my units so i could put more:

Holy Swarm.jpg

Besides, swarming like this then using Yen Unicorn doesnt help much when opponent swarms just as much...

That old card art looked really cool. A lot better than the Open Beta version.

@DRK3
Screenshot 2018-03-27 14.29.31.jpg

With Soldier-Mill I usually got the complete board filled and often had to plan beforehand to avoid blocking it for my own cards. Also, this was the only game I managed to reach 300 points in a ranked game.
And I found Triss a much more solid choice than Yen for swarming.

View attachment 10980452
I won that game by a pretty unique wincondition. I waited till the last turn possible turn to play Dijkstra and prevented the enemy from continuing to play.

Oh nice, never had that win condition before.
Rise, my friends! Make your voice heard! Bring back the old version!
+
I remember when I used to know what was going on!

lol I know what you mean, it saddens me it really does.

Hi there.

After the "homecoming" reveal I started to reminisce of how gwent used to be in closed beta and still have some screenshots from back then which I wanted to share.

So this will be a throwback thread to post screenshots/videos of the closed beta gwent if any of us are still around. Screenshots showing cards original effects and oldschool decks etc.

P.S. Doesn't just have to be from closed beta but I'm interested to see mostly stuff from then. You can post open beta stuff from a time you feel the game was still gwent at it's core.

Here's some from me to get it rolling.

View attachment 10976690View attachment 10976696View attachment 10976699View attachment 10976702View attachment 10976705View attachment 10976693
I wish we could roll it back and play that version. I am not a rabid TC game player and just look for something to do when I am bored, maybe play a few tourneys. The new version is so graphics heavy my computer I use when on the road can barely handle it.

Top Bottom