"Closer to that Experience"

+
"we’ll release two large patches starting with Patch #1 in January. This will be followed by Patch #2 in February. Together these should fix the most prominent problems gamers are facing on last-gen consoles. We will be informing you about the contents of each patch ahead of their release. They won't make the game on last-gen look like it’s running on a high-spec PC or next-gen console, but it will be closer to that experience than it is now."

No one was expecting it to look like high end pcs on base consoles, but when will the game be "closer to that experience" ? I'm on ps4 and the game still looks awful, runs terrible, combat is laggy and unresponsive, even sounds like the car horn, radio, and gunshots are laggy, it looks even worse while driving because of all the grainy reflections. Can we expect any more improvements to base consoles or was that it?

While there's definitely noticeable improvement on PS4 now as when compared to the release, it still isn't... consistently smooth.
Don't get me wrong, it can be smooth, but when you're actually doing stuff... driving fast, engaging in a fight, jumping about, accessing the menus & entering+exiting vehicles, the console really struggles. Audio problems are still very prominent too for me, on PS4.
I'm guessing we haven't seen the end of performance updates... Not for a little while anyway.

There has been an improvement since release, no doubt. Performance isn't consistent though so hopefully it's being looked at, however I think the creaky old stock 5400 rpm HDDs really struggle handling all the assets and may continue to do so.

The sound problems are also present in all version in 1.21 (for me on XBSX).
But i'm sur, it's not the end. CDPR will keep optimize the game. But it seem it's not easy at all :(

Top Bottom