Clothes glitched and invisible sometimes, plus magic underwear

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
After finishing a pretty major point in the beginning of the game. Spoilers to follow:

You are killed, and the electronic ghost of Johnny Silverhand is in your head like some kind of terrorist Cortana. Viktor fixes you up, and you are brought back to your apartment. You finally get up in the shower.

Now at this moment in the game you are nude, but if you look down at yourself you are apparently wearing magic underwear. Looking in the mirror also has you wearing underwear. Open your inventory and the image of you is in your birthday suit as intended.

I went ahead and put some clothes on at this point, and the next glitch revealed itself. My pants were invisible and caused my penis to vanish. My jacket was also invisible. However putting on a Netrunner suit and an Arasaka vest and shoes were visible. Unequipping and equipping did not fix it. So I saved, exited, and loaded it up again, and now my pants and jacket were properly visible.

As a test I stripped down again to nothing, and the magic nevernude underwear problem was still there, which is I think a persistent issue that plenty of others have complained about.

I think the invisible pants problem is related to another issue I and others have brought up where hats are sometimes invisible and cause your hair to disappear. I think the magic underwear is a separate issue.

Having a great time still.

Specs:
PC, GOG version. 1.04 hotfix applied
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
32 GB of ram
Game installed on NVME M.2 SSD
AMD Radeon RX 5700xt
Mostly high-ultra settings at 1080p

I've seen at least one clothing item so far that's completely missing an inventory thumbnail and a character model. Also occasionally run into a gun that is missing a thumbnail as well.

I also have the same problem, I do not know if it is a bug or deliberately designed this way! In the menu is indeed naked, but in the first person view looking down or looking in the mirror but wearing underwear, if it is a bug, please fix it as soon as possible, but if the design is intentional then the menu of fake nakedness is completely meaningless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom