Clothing and Armour

+
One thing I was surprised in Cyberpunk, was the clothing, and its use as a defensive system. When I pre-bought the game, I figured Cyberpunk would be more in line to a system similar to Funcom's "Secret World"/"The Secret World". In Funcom's game, though a mmo, had the clothing as just that.... clothing. What made the character in "The Secret World", other than the weapon skills, active and passive, anima allocation, was a system called 'talisman', due to the gaming world more mystic atmosphere. These 'Talismans' modify the character to whatever roll you want her to be, and the talisman themselves (high end) can be modified with signets and glyphs.
Now back to Cyberpunk, where we have.... this funny thing called cyber wear. With a gaming world with this as a system, it would make sense it is what makes V a super hero/anti-hero, not the clothing she wears. I get the feeling that V is 30% male/female, the other 70%, is machine.

My thought is the current layout in Cyberpunk will work, make clothing just that clothing. Double the slots for armour in the cyber ware window. Raise the value of the subdermal armour, for example: legendary to 800, and you can buy any number/quality of subdermal armour, plus, the values stack. So if you fill all 6 slots with legendary subdermal armour, you would have an armour value of 5400. Now here is the fun part, maybe you want to be immune to burn, bleed and want to be stealthy..... well, you would have them, but they take up slots, and your total armour value lower to 2400.
Some exceptions to clothing, for example: the full body outfits, netrunner's for example, but can only have Immunity to burn and electric, mods. Ballistic Vests only can have armadillo mod, gas mask can only have immunity to poison, and eye wear can only have the '+' hit and damage mods.
Just my thoughts on the matter.......

P.S. speaking of clothing.... can we have more dresses that are short sleeve (there is only one) or sleeveless (there is none, zero, nothing). I like playing Ms Corpo Valerie like a high end assassin......

What you describe is part of a larger problem where gameplay sytems overlap themselves in CP2077. You can be immune to poison with a clothing mod, a skill in the steath tree or with a cyberware mod for the immune system...
But there are like two instances I can remember where an enemy actually uses effective poison on me.
Many skills/cyberware mods/clothing mods do the same and sometimes they stack, sometimes they don't. If the game wouldn't be so easy and you actually had to make a focused build, everybody would complain even more... Right now I would also prefer it if clothing was only cosmetical and I had a real choice in the shops, like: I want THIS dress and for this dress THESE colors...

What you describe is part of a larger problem where gameplay sytems overlap themselves in CP2077. You can be immune to poison with a clothing mod, a skill in the steath tree or with a cyberware mod for the immune system...
Clothe mod : for every one, whatever the build.
Perk : Only for stealth build (up to level 11)
Cyberware (Immune System - Metabolic Editor - Poison regen health instead of dealing damage) : Only for stealth build (up to level 14).
So, it's not really "overlap" except for stealth build and you can choose which one is the best for you.
But there are like two instances I can remember where an enemy actually uses effective poison on me.
It's often like all the other effects, grenades or effect on enemies weapons :)

But I don't expected more than the actual system, it's quite similar to TW3.

I think overlap is there for very reason to enable versatility between builds. I don't see that as a problem nor that it's there accidentally.

Character system in CP 2077 isn't about very specific kind of character / profession like Mage, warrior, thief like in some old games based on different kind of systems. There's nothing preventing players from creating and completing the game focusing heavily to certain aspect / role, like Netrunning.

Clothe mod : for every one, whatever the build.
Perk : Only for stealth build (up to level 11)
Cyberware (Immune System - Metabolic Editor - Poison regen health instead of dealing damage) : Only for stealth build (up to level 14).
So, it's not really "overlap" except for stealth build and you can choose which one is the best for you.

It's often like all the other effects, grenades or effect on enemies weapons :)

But I don't expected more than the actual system, it's quite similar to TW3.
There's also cybeware and clothing mod immunity option vs. electrical damage / Shock and how I see it, it's important that players aren't locked out from taking advantage of that in say Delamain because their goal isn't to build character with Tech 12+. Or Street Samurai / Ninja type of character Reflexes / Blades and Cool tree are important, there's is a Cut-it.Out mod to prevent Bleeding so player doesn't need to invest 12 Body to get relevant cyberware, but can focus on their cyber ninja style (High Reflexes/Blades, Stealth, Intelligence).

Not perfect but if link works, example of that sort of build at level 31 and that's relevant as I guess most players end up finishing game with level 30 - 40 character. Going towards Body 12 would hardly fit character in a way like going towards Int 16+ for end game build at about level 35 or so.

Last edited:
How much of you is cyberware depends on how much you add. At base i'd say we're still about 80% meat, since the only official upgrades we have are the eyes, hands, and a few neural attachments. I'd be thankful there's not a system in play like Shadowrun to where you can only install so much cyber before it makes you stop because you have so little essence(life) left.

Why does half of everyone seem to want to change how clothing and armor are intertwined?

Yeah other games may do something different .. thats also exactly what they are, other games.
Cyberpunk does it, its way. And I dont see a problem with that.

Why does half of everyone seem to want to change how clothing and armor are intertwined?

Yeah other games may do something different .. thats also exactly what they are, other games.
Cyberpunk does it, its way. And I dont see a problem with that.
You have no idea how often i've seen that over the years. "They should do this, and that, because this other game does it" Then go play that game instead of trying to change another into something it's not meant to be.

Hello patch is good but When you create your character, for example, Female V, you can change the size of your breasts, put on big breasts and start playing and put on a T-shirt. Breast is small Or if the character is still a transgender person and if you put on a suit that is next to the body it is not seen to be a Transgender person i mean (Bulge)
I know they didn't go into such details but I want to say that the clothes don't fit the character of any make it
I tried to find mods for it but I didn’t find it or I missed it

And Thanks for help

Top Bottom