Clothing memes

+
So i notice lots of people are upset that they have to wear weird miss match clothing.
I have never encountered such problem i always either moderate clothing or badass clothing.

And i have a question to you all, but please answer honestly.

Do you really have to change your clothes just for +5 more armor stats ? instead of having badass looking 200 armor you will find goofy lookin 205 armor and put it on and then be upset ?
Do you really need to have all the highest numbers to beat this super easy game ?

I'm choosing by the looks... ofc i dont have full legenfary outfit, but all of it is epic (took a while to get it) but i'm completely fine with having less armour to look good

Oh, no) I enjoy wearing clothers like I'm gopnik (the same as "bully" in english, I think). I'd found this glasses in rubbish. It's part of RPG for me. In real live I'm too pretty for this things)
1608633273687.png

Last edited:
I even handicapped myself by not wearing a hat and a mask cause my V's already handsome without them thank you.

So no, I wouldn't swap my appearance just because the new one that I picked up has 20+ more armor. If anything I usually swap my clothes to have less armor but it'll improve my V's sexiness by tenfold. :shrug: :ROFLMAO:

I didn't wear a hat ONCE so far. I do have gear with min-max'ed stats for combat purposes but usually I run around in "Style Gaer" so to speak. I just hope they're gonna fix the stupid tattoo glitches with some clothing that shows shoulders.

Attachments

• photomode_22122020_000423.png
    photomode_22122020_000423.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 90
Do you really have to change your clothes just for +5 more armor stats ? instead of having badass looking 200 armor you will find goofy lookin 205 armor and put it on and then be upset ?
Do you really need to have all the highest numbers to beat this super easy game ?
For me the difference is like 400+ armor. From 200ish into 600 if I choose to not use my legendary Samurai t-shirt with its 4 armor mods and the actually good items. Although this difference seems scaled by the level of the items, so I have to keep upgrading stuff in order to maintain high armor bonuses.

Its not that my "proper" clothing looks that bad, I just feel like Im locked into using it.

PS I actually pulled those numbers outta my ass. I need to check ingame for actual stats. Im certain we are talking several hundred armor at any rate.

PPS. The combat in this game is super easy once you are properly "chipped in" though. I feel like I could swap into lesser gear and it would make little difference. Currently playing on second-hardest difficulty..

We can all thank the leveling system for just spoiling combat. When I have outleveled enemies, I could be naked and fart in the militech squads general direction and they would fall over. In case it isn't obvious now: I am vehemently against using levels in games. Progression would be so much better without, or with level scaling at the least.

ppps.
I didn't wear a hat ONCE so far.
Me neither. Why would I, when my hair looks so much better without.

Last edited:
I didn't wear a hat ONCE so far. I do have gear with min-max'ed stats for combat purposes but usually I run around in "Style Gaer" so to speak. I just hope they're gonna fix the stupid tattoo glitches with some clothing that shows shoulders.
Oh, hope they'll do it. I have tatoo on my Vi's shoulders but I've never seen something like this before(

So i notice lots of people are upset that they have to wear weird miss match clothing.
I have never encountered such problem i always either moderate clothing or badass clothing.

And i have a question to you all, but please answer honestly.

I've tested that once since there's no way on earth I'm looking like a clown.

Even with an armor value half or even lower than the max I could assemble, the difference was negligible so, I ended up wearing whatever regardless and never had to complain about the damage I was taking (I'm playing on hard)
Stats tied to your armor value doesn't seems to be much of a problem, as far as I'm concerned.

For me, the issue is that a nice bullet proof vest I found was made moot a few levels later due to the enemy level and the damage they made vs the damage this bulletproof vest absorb, which then compared to a silk shirt I found on that higher level -- which was easily four times as good at absorbing damage. This kept repeating. I did not invest in crafting, and even with that I know there are limits to upgrading.

What irks me is that this is often found in CRPGs while in the tabletop is does not exist. You don't have levels in Cyberpunk 2020/Red even. You do not gain HP either. You gain skills, which is what makes you better.

I had hope I could keep, say, my favourite top or gun and make in, in the end, iconic and legendary, kind of like Johnny's gun. That I would have found awesome.

Oh, hope they'll do it. I have tatoo on my Vi's shoulders but I've never seen something like this before(

It's like that for literally everything that shows shoulders - atleast for some... the leotard thingy above is the worst offender tho.

Have some
photomode_20122020_213204.png
photomode_20122020_004126.png
photomode_18122020_215525.png

devs shoulda added Style or Street Cred stats to armor sets like they promised in that gameplay video 2018, but seeing that Street Cred has no purpose just unlock few items in stores. Then yeah ...

Patience! We can still hope for features like that to be added :giggle:

For me, the issue is that a nice bullet proof vest I found was made moot a few levels later due to the enemy level and the damage they made vs the damage this bulletproof vest absorb, which then compared to a silk shirt I found on that higher level -- which was easily four times as good at absorbing damage. This kept repeating. I did not invest in crafting, and even with that I know there are limits to upgrading.

This. Leveling is the issue.
I have something in tech, and with items epic or legendary, upgrading is rarely worth it.

I always choose what I like, usually changing it from time to time but for other things I like, not base on stats.

I'm playing a stealth build anyway, so protection doesn't really matter when you are no hit at all

Hold on, when you're saying the vest you found was four times higher than the bulletproof vest, are you talking about the defense value given by the game on each item or the actual damage difference you were taking while wearing them.

I ask this question because, as far as my understanding goes, defense value don't really have a huge impact in this game and sometimes armor pieces that are multiple times better than others will, in reality, absorb pretty much the same amount of damage (just a few points of difference only).

It's not to the point where it's a complete placebo effect (it does still make a difference) but it's so small that unless your total armor value is, say, 10 times lower than what you could normally assemble, you should be just fine.

This is based on my personal experience, I may have missevaluated and overlooked some stuffs but armor value barely made any difference for me personally.

Hold on, when you're saying the vest you found was four times higher than the bulletproof vest, are you talking about the defense value given by the game on each item or the actual damage difference you were taking while wearing them.

No idea, can't say I pay attention to such when I fight. I am not really into fighting in games, so it is a time when I just try to survive, so to speak. But I feel stats should not be in clothes or weapons. Why is Gun X listed as doing multiple times the damage compared to the identical Gun X that is simply a higher level? I found a electric baton that did over 1,000 in damage a hit and was far more efficient than the Iconic sniper I got from Panam, even with headshots included -- that much I noticed.

Wish they had not taken this old Computer Role-Playing Game road, it is so bad. Especially when levels does not even exist in the source material.

I have over 3k armor and can face tank enemy fire for a bit but will still get taken out by the odd lucky headshot, this clothing looks ok but doesn't quite match as I would like but really the only time I want to look cool or stylish is for photo mode as you never see yourself when playing so I just change into the cool outfits I've collected along the way for photo ops.

No idea, can't say I pay attention to such when I fight. I am not really into fighting in games, so it is a time when I just try to survive, so to speak. But I feel stats should not be in clothes or weapons. Why is Gun X listed as doing multiple times the damage compared to the identical Gun X that is simply a higher level? I found a electric baton that did over 1,000 in damage a hit and was far more efficient than the Iconic sniper I got from Panam, even with headshots included -- that much I noticed.

Wish they had not taken this old Computer Role-Playing Game road, it is so bad. Especially when levels does not even exist in the source material.
I actually agree with you, I personally hate the concept of attaching stats to gears in video games.
In fact, the example you bring up is more relevant. Outfit don't make much of a difference (which is a relief because you can dress more or less the way you want despite getting technically a bit weaker in the process) but the same can't be said with weapons.

I'm not saying you have to change everytime you get a weapon that deal a few more damage but damage does matter pretty quickly.
I'm still reasonably early in the game but found a shotgun with 249dps while the one I was using, so far, capted to 162dps.
Tested on enemies and the difference is significant. I can live with it but yeah, I wished it was different and this system is indeed outdated and not suited for a modern game like CP.

Top Bottom