Clothing mods bonus stacking visually, but not actually applied or inconsistent when not stacked

+
I agree it's annoying the system is so busted but it's really not gonna stop you progressing in the game as even on highest difficulty there's no need to be fully maxed out and have an optimised build to be able to wreck enemies.
Whilst I agree with your point, I personally play RPG's for the stat crunching and for nearly no other reason. The fact it is SO busted is what's killing it for me. If crits didn't stack and that was it, I'd understand but next to nothing actually works.

I agree it's annoying the system is so busted but it's really not gonna stop you progressing in the game as even on highest difficulty there's no need to be fully maxed out and have an optimised build to be able to wreck enemies.
It breaks all the fun out of the game. I agree with your point, but imagine a food without taste? Would you eat it?
Only if you are starving and dying!!!

Thing is I'm not sure crit mods on clothing not stacking is a bug as you can get crit chance/dmg as a perk in every weapon tree plus there's cyberware with it and some weapons have it built in plus have mods, so getting close to 100% crit chance is still possible without stacking it on clothing.

Not trying to defend the state of mods as they are broken with the legendary mods doing nothing etc but it's still possible to min/max a build using perks although as I said not really needed until difficulty gets tweaked although it is fun to be OP for a while but personally I think it gets a bit boring after a while if your just 1 shotting everything in sight and taking minimal dmg.

I'd be a lot more pissed if you needed the mods to work to be able to go toe to toe at highest difficulty but this just isn't the case at the moment.

This might be true but it's abundantly clear that the balance of the game is atrocious. They couldn't even balance anything considering none of the attributes do what they're supposed to. It's impossible to do a numerical balancing pass when nothing is working as intended.

More importantly, I didn't buy the game to play CoD with a better story, I wanted to play an RPG and if none of that shit is working it's hardly an RPG anymore.

Unfortunately 1.05 didn't fix any of these problems so I'm going to continue to wait for a game that at least does what it's supposed to and maybe has some semblance of balance (I'm also concerned I'm going to reach the 8192k save file limit, smh).

Last edited:
unburied_one is absolutely true. The game mechanics have to be fixed first and a major rebalance, I would rather call for a major revamp, has to be done in order to rescue this game.

According to Bloomberg analyst M. Kanterman CD Project is going to need up to six (!) month to patch the game to make it work properly. We are not talking about re-balance here or even DLC content. How can the chief personel of CD Project say they want to roll out the first DLCs if not even the mods work??

I play on Very Hard and my character has 53% crit chance and 153% crit damage in raw stats. Without Berserk or Sandevistan I am able to do 210000 headshots with my sniper rifle. I can literally one shot all bosses. I am only mid-game. So not only Netrunner or Pistol builds are strong, every build is too strong, especially Rifles. Just image if Deadeye or other legendary mods would work, it would be even more ridiculous!

There are several talents which have to be nerfed hard like:
- Savage Stoic (35% Rifle damage while standing still)
- Named Bullets (+35% crit damage with rifles)
- Frozen Precision (+50% head shot damage)
- From the Shadows (+50% crit for 7sec entering combat)
- Sniper (+ another 50% head shot damage outside combat)
- Ninjutsu....
this list goes on and on and on and on.

I mean, it is easy, you have to be sceptical if a number goes wild above one digit, like +15%. I mean if I read something like +50% crit chance, it is insane and likely going to break the game. If you take Guerilla (+60% crit damage after entering combat), 10% would be enough for example.
The problem are those accumulated numbers, which is completely clear for everyone playing the game except the devs, which is hilarious. Crit chance should not be higher than 40% for the absolute end game, you should be able to look out for other numbers to push. The raw damage is so high, that you do not even need to rely on DoTs like thermal or chemical weapon types.

unburied_one is absolutely true. The game mechanics have to be fixed first and a major rebalance, I would rather call for a major revamp, has to be done in order to rescue this game.

Yeah, it's a sorry state of affairs. When I saw all the perks, I figured base damage on guns was very low and needed a ton of additional damage to stay competitive, but guns are so powerful you can probably comfortably finish the game without investing a single perk.

It's probably good that guns are powerful, since it allows people to invest perks in stuff that doesn't up their damage while still being able to complete the game, but the perks that do offer damage gains need to be dramatically reduced. If we just blanket reduced all damage increasing perks to 1/10th of their current value with 1% being the minimum, it would probably be an improvement to game balance. That's how bad it is right now.

It's a shame there aren't easy to use modding tools available right now because I would probably rebalance the game myself.

Last edited:
Lol It's SWTOR release all over again. Entire stats and talents just not working or stacking. Or stacking and not doing anything. Hilarious. CDPR should be ashamed that this was the best they could do after 8+ years. Between this, all the broken perks, and all the Legendary and Epic Clothing schematics disappearing permanently from shops after the first time you see their inventory, I've lost much of my reason to play. All that's left is just breeze through the story and uninstall. Can't even test the damn builds to see what is best before the game's actually fixed. Worst Beta Test ever.

I have 2 clothing mods that add +25% and +5% extra damage to mid and high level threats. stats page shows +0 to mid level and high level threats.

I have the legendary clothing mod that adds to crit chance and crit damage mod (something like +15% and 30% respectively) and stat page shows +5% from gun.

I farmed a lot of crafts getting enough eddies to buy those clothing mods.

Are they actually applied? are they not applied?

Headshot 61 k with a revolver but -6980 in effective dps looking in character's statistique soooooo sad

In addition to all that was already said, Armor Increase provided by Technical Ability (5% per level) does not work. Plus it feels like all the other armor increasing perks do not work either. The one from Blades tree "Slow and Steady" and the one from the Cold Tree "Defensive Clotting".
Technically, the Blades skill armor increase does work. Note that it only shows in the stats when you have a katana or other bladed weapon equipped (as in drawn), because the perk naturally only applies when using a weapon from that perk tree.

Of course, in practice it doesn't really help since the entire armor system doesn't work right.

Are they actually applied? are they not applied?
Well, if you would have read a single post from this thread you would know: no they are not applied.
But do not worry, you can easily reach nearly 100% crit chance anyway, I had a 511k headshot few days ago (on very hard). I think I can get well over one million with a full dmg perk build. Sniper rifles are completely insane.

Last edited:
At the moment, my highest crit chance is around 87% on a legend overture. At level 38, im hitting mobs anywhere between 90k and 120k....on the average. I see higher than that rarely...but it happens. Much of my crit chance is perks. All i have is two crit clothing mods and whatever came random on the gun. The rest are armadillos and damage mods.

Damage from a pistol is crazy. The very hard setting isnt very hard after just a few short hours into it.

Well, the Perks push crit chance and overall damage over the limit, but the leveled items are overpowered too. I cannot say if the enemies are getting stronger as you progress, because most get downed instantly.

The next problem of the item system, which we already know from Witcher, is that it makes no sense buying something.
For example, I bought a sniper rifle for 120k, then soon afterwards I got an iconic blue one which was stronger in every aspect. The 120k were spent for nothing... So I think the leveled item list does not reflect the difficulty of the game in a meaningful manner. If they'd update this and nerf some perks it would be considerably harder.

But I assume in the end they'll go the cheapest way and just make the enemies more bullet spongy and that's it. You'll have to apply all you can to hold up :/

No idea what you people are talking about on mods not working. Stats page is simply broken. Nothing is displayed correctly, if at all, on it.

The clothing mods seem to work similarly to cyberwear mods. They need to be placed on certain armor pieces to get the proper effect. Sadly, this isn't stated anywhere and the whole system is rather misleading. Basically what i did was put mods where they made the most sense. The biggest confusion is that armor can spawn with ANY mod already installed and may or may not grant said effect.

Here's what I have figured out (incomplete and may or may not be entirely correct, but it is what I found that works best) :

Headgear - Armadillo, Osmosis, Resist
Eyewear - Armadillo, Deadeye, Predator, Fortuna, Bully, Show Time
Face masks - Armadillo, Osmosis
Outer torso - Armadillo, Resist, Backpacker, Tenacity, Vanguard
Inner torso - Armadillo, Resist, Backpacker, All immunity mods
Pants - Armadillo, Plume, Zero Drag (Soft Soles may work here as well)
Feet - Armadillo, Soft Soles, Plume, Zero Drag, Footloose

This was the first thing we tested DMCain.

Deadeye and Predator do not work for me, of course not even on the eyewear. But maybe my safegame is corrupt, who knows. Maybe someone else can confirm. If it was secretly patched out with 1.06, this would be great of course. But again, we need someone else to confirm.

We definitivly need some dev feedback on that but i guess they are too busy for that atm
I am sure they are reading.

The problem here is misleading information from gear as well as bugged interfaces that won't refresh upon stat changes.
For example you don't even know which mod is used on which item gear type (Cyberwares for example). Same goes for armor mods, while you can apply them on all types, they seem to have no effect if put into the wrong item type, pretty much like @DMCain stated already. This is where the bonuses are capped it seems, because they take effect only when they're put to the correct item type.

Nevertheless, I feel like (in addition to this problem), balancing of the stats is also a concern that should be checked.
After a while you get overpowered and enemies (even on very hard difficulty) won't stand a chance against the player at all.

Cheers
TalentX

We definitivly need some dev feedback on that but i guess they are too busy for that atm
Most devs are on vacation until start of January.

This was the first thing we tested DMCain.

Deadeye and Predator do not work for me, of course not even on the eyewear. But maybe my safegame is corrupt, who knows. Maybe someone else can confirm. If it was secretly patched out with 1.06, this would be great of course. But again, we need someone else to confirm.

Ok, have you used a trainer or duped mods of any sort? Both of these drastically bugger up all forms of crafting. Trainers, even if used for a specific task unrelated to crafting, screw up something. After completing my first run, I started a 2nd char and tossed in a trainer for the hell of it and all sorts of stuff got broken, crafting and other, even when not in use/loaded. And duping mods is a known issue.

If you have not used either of those, try modding fresh gear with all empty slots (probably already did this). It is possible that when installing a mod on top of another one, something isn't translating properly. If you must install over another mod, try to use same mod instead of a different one. Though, installing over Armadillo appears to be safe.

Also, if you haven't verified your install (Steam), do so. That did fix a few things for me.

No idea what you people are talking about on mods not working. Stats page is simply broken. Nothing is displayed correctly, if at all, on it.

The clothing mods seem to work similarly to cyberwear mods. They need to be placed on certain armor pieces to get the proper effect. Sadly, this isn't stated anywhere and the whole system is rather misleading. Basically what i did was put mods where they made the most sense. The biggest confusion is that armor can spawn with ANY mod already installed and may or may not grant said effect.

Here's what I have figured out (incomplete and may or may not be entirely correct, but it is what I found that works best) :

Headgear - Armadillo, Osmosis, Resist
Eyewear - Armadillo, Deadeye, Predator, Fortuna, Bully, Show Time
Face masks - Armadillo, Osmosis
Outer torso - Armadillo, Resist, Backpacker, Tenacity, Vanguard
Inner torso - Armadillo, Resist, Backpacker, All immunity mods
Pants - Armadillo, Plume, Zero Drag (Soft Soles may work here as well)
Feet - Armadillo, Soft Soles, Plume, Zero Drag, Footloose
OK, go put enough crit chance mods on your gear to get over 100% crit, go shoot some gonks with a weapon that has no crit chance on it, are you critting every shot? Let us know how this works out for you.
Or go run a set distance and time it with no movement speed mods on, now install all movement speed mods and run it again. Let us know what the difference in times are.

OK, go put enough crit chance mods on your gear to get over 100% crit, go shoot some gonks with a weapon that has no crit chance on it, are you critting every shot? Let us know how this works out for you.
Or go run a set distance and time it with no movement speed mods on, now install all movement speed mods and run it again. Let us know what the difference in times are.
I can confirm it does, I made the distance test with movement speed mod put on feet-gear already and it indeed takes effect, but the movement stat does not show in the stats-page.

I made a run on about 30m and I reach it with the 10 movement speed bonus about 1 second faster than without it (moving normal, no sprint). Could do a longer run, but I was too lazy to go to a place with less crowd (I noticed it and just wanted to quick-test it where I got the item).
However, i used a stopwatch and I retested it about 5 times just to be sure it wasn't placebo, and it indeed had this change everytime doing the same.

Cheers
TalentX

Top Bottom