Clothing mods bonus stacking visually, but not actually applied or inconsistent when not stacked

+

-tv

Forum regular
Issue:
  • Mods that do not stack:
    • You are able to add multiple copies of the same mod on a clothing item (or multiple items) in hopes to get a huge benefit by stacking. Visually this shows that the values from the mod are additive to each other (+15% Crit Chance x 2 = 30% Crit Chance). However, looking at stats, this is not reflecting gear as only 15% is applied. Example:
      • Crit Chance
      • Crit Damage
      • Shock/Thermal/Poison Immunity (obviously--but does not change resistance values on Stats page)
  • Mods that do stack (if on different items):
    • For some mods, it seems like they do stack if they are at least on different items or different values. Example:
      • Armor bonus
  • Mods that do not seem to get applied:
    • Some mods don't seem to change gameplay at all. Example:
      • Movement Speed
      • Fall Damage Reduction

Workaround:
Not sure. Not sure what the intent is, if there is a cap, etc. Since some weapons have these same bonuses, are they silently added onto those weapon values? Or do the weapons overwrite the values?

Last edited:
Definitely something bugged with these mods, I should have an extra 60 in movement with mods on my clothing but stats page shows only 5 and there's no difference in how fast I move when I take the moded items off, the armor mods seem to work except on one item the values shown are way more than the actual value.

I noticed that you can apply some mods to a clothing that is definitely of inappropriate type for that type of item, tho can't remember what exactly - that's probably the case with the latter problem

After a bunch of crafting and then realizing my damage was way lower than it should have been, I noticed the same thing too. It didn't matter stacking them all on the same item, or spreading them around different ones, putting on multiple of the same mods like crit chance or crit damage only had one work and not stack even though they visually do on the gear. Both the player stats screen and actual gameplay can verify this.

can confirm, 3 pieces of gear with 30% crit damage, only applies the last piece i equip regardless of order... not that im lacking damage, pistol does 35k crit at lvl 14. (without grand final)

Attachments

• 35k crit.png
    35k crit.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 3,155
Last edited:
Also just did some crafting tonight and was rolling random tier armor mods, the crafting blueprint is white but I rolled greens and blues from it. No points in any of the crafting perks apart from the disassembling ones. Something is definitely fubar with mods, on the upside I now have over 1000 armor at lvl 17 :ok:
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.14 - 04.20.26.82 (2).png

Also, there's a really expensive clothing mod called Deadeye that's supposed to add both 15% crit chance and 30% crit damage and it currently does nothing at all.

Predator mod seems broken too.

Last edited:
Ok, I did a bunch of testing and so far this is what I can tell. The Stats screen for all intents in purposes is how I checked my testing and I slapped a few cops when I should have had a high crit chance (above 80%) to test some stuff.

Here is what I found

- As stated before in this thread the Deadeye armor mod does not work.
- For The Fortuna mod and Bully only 1 of each will work as intended. If you put any more than 1 in any mod slot they won't increase crit damage or crit chance. As far I can tell this is the same for almost all armor mods except the Armor stat mod Armadillo which does stack
- Fall damage reduction and dot reduction mods don't work
- Crit bonuses from weapons and weapon mods do not display in the stat screen and as far as I can tell do not work
- What does work and displays in the screen is the 1% base crit, the Kiroshi Optics cyberware eye mod called Weakspot Detection which is 5% when green, The level 2 Cold blood skill progression reward which is 10%, Any points put into reflexes past 3 (the base 3 attribute points in reflexes doesn't give you any crit chance) All that plus the one Fortuna mod brought my character to 31% crit chance.

With some testing with other weapons like Cottonmouth which is suppose to increase my crit by 26% it doesn't seem to at all. It doesn't in the stat screen but I did try to test it by hitting a bunch of cops on easy but it's hard to tell with just a 26% increase. It's pretty disappointing that most of this stuff doesn't work. I feel like having 100% crit would be a little op and I don't think you should be able to get that much. Maybe there should be a cap but at most I would like some clarity on what works and what doesn't so I don't have to spend hours testing stuff to see what works. Well, I hope this thread at least helps some people figure out what actually works currently.

Last edited:
I think weapon crit mods are working but do not display in the character sheet. For example, I have a >30% base crit chance and a revolver with almost 70% crit chance, and I always crit when I land a shot.

Thanks to all for the research and posts about gear and mods. I noticed similar issues and was curious exactly what is working. It helps me decided based on the testing done by others in this thread and in-game.

This is VERY frustrating for me. I am at the point of the game where I want to grind a little and optimize my character before proceeding to the end game. You think with all the delays they could figure out how to make stats work. This is not complex. This is basic.

In addition to all that was already said, Armor Increase provided by Technical Ability (5% per level) does not work. Plus it feels like all the other armor increasing perks do not work either. The one from Blades tree "Slow and Steady" and the one from the Cold Tree "Defensive Clotting".

Comeon CDPR. Fix this damn thing. I have no motivation to grind anymore since I couldn't even upgrade my gear. I am one of the players that willing to stay and not refund the game, but my patience is limited.

according to the ingame stats sheet all of the "+bonus damage to high threat" clothing mods DO NOT WORK.
nearly all the cool 100k mods do not work at all like Deadeye, I mean, that is completely insane. Embarassing.

according to the ingame stats sheet all of the "+bonus damage to high threat" clothing mods DO NOT WORK.
nearly all the cool 100k mods do not work at all like Deadeye, I mean, that is completely insane. Embarassing.
Exactly, the only clothing mods I use are armor coz I know they at least work and I can craft them so I'm not throwing eddies away on useless mods that you can't recover when you find out they don't actually work. As things stand the mod system for clothing is pretty pointless and will continue to be until it's fixed.

The Bully Mod is also completely bugged. If you equip one, it works, you'll get +30% crit damage. If you add another piece with the mod, you'll gain nothing, you'll stay at +30%. If you undress one item your crit damage of the (still equipped) second clothing will get nullified. In order to regain the crit bonus, you have to undress it too and put it back on.

So beware: one Bully mod works, DO NOT add another. If you have, put them all off and re-equip the one you like.

edit: another thing: the Bully Mod is ridiculously expensive. But sometimes vendors have items in stock that have them already equipped, for example sunglasses. They'll only cost 1000ED and you get a nice Bully mod preinstalled.

+1, this is VITALLY important IMO.

Just sent this bug report but got no confirmation it has been sent successfully? So posting here instead.

"Many mods, cyberware and weapon bonuses are not working. Including + crit chance and damage modifiers on weapons and mods, health regeneration modifiers, and many more.
For me this is absolutely huge because it removes all the fun and reward from investing in new gear or exploring for special items! The whole character progression system hinges on these modifiers functioning, to incentivise levelling up, exploration, and making money for those big upgrades. I just saved up and spent £150000 on the Deadeye mod to discover it does literally nothing. Please prioritise this, The cyberware aspect of the game is a HUGE thing and is central to the futuristic setting, if you spend ages saving to get a nice cyberware upgrade and it doesn't work, it's so disappointing. "

I can confirm a lot of the issues reported here. I was wondering why I have been getting 1 tapped. Currently lvl 23 with 19 points into technical. Saved before and after adding a point and get zero armor bonus. As stated above, can't get more than one crit chance or crit damage mod to stack.

While we are on the topic of mods, what is with the armadilo mod anyways? 106 additional armor for just a blue mod. For my current gear, I can go from 578 armor to 1,282 just by replacing some of my mods (and I'm only sporting a single legendary and a bunch of blues and purples). There are multiple problems with this. 1. Why are mods providing vastly more armor then the actual armor itself? 2. Why does it provide an exact value instead of being a percentage of your base armor value? This mod is cheezy AF for me but what about max level players? Using a percentage ensures a mod is equally as useful regardless of the player's level as the mod is instead scaled based on the item it's added to (which makes sense given that it is indeed a mod).

Top Bottom